Stop defending 343 over CSR!!!

Jared1991

It does not matter how fast your internet is you still depend on their servers. No?

I am no expert but I have heard no matter how good you're internet is, it will be slowed down to try and compensate for other peoples slower internet.

Edited by Real Talk

It does not matter how fast your internet is you still depend on their servers. No?

I am no expert but I have heard no matter how good you're internet is, it will be slowed down to try and compensate for other peoples slower internet.

Your second point, called Lag Compensation, is featured more on CoD...

And thank goodness it isn't on Halo because everybody who has a good connection will be slaughtered by those with a bad connection.

The people that make a living, creating video games are a wonderful addition to the world. What if there were no video games at all? Then what would everyone do? We should enjoy life while we still have one. People weren't put on this world to be stepped on. We all need to get along.

343, the game is very elaborate and the story continues very well in Halo 4 which is great but, multiplayer has sold out to consumers. Taking options that are comparable to other games (loadouts, kill cam, instant respawn) is an attempt to attract new fans who enjoy other first person shooters, and is a sells strategy. Loyal fans will continue to be disappointed with multiplayer. As a huge fan of the story line and books I will continue to purchase any upcoming Halos created but, multiplayer has suffered in my opinion. Im sure the sells team at 343 is just strategizing by keeping loyal fans happy with continuing the campaign story but, trying to grab new, younger fans by copying other popular first person shooter games multiplayer mode. It is obvious. Who cares who buys the game or their opinion of it as long as they still buy it.... sucks. Please try to keep it real. Dont be a follower. Be the leader that once was the Halo franchise.

I don't get why people talk bad about halo 4, when they''re still playing it. You gotta admit, besides the issues, it can be really fun.

I dunno. I find a lot of beta-testing games fun as well. I still complain about them because there are those bad things that they need to fix when the game goes gold.

Wow!!!! now I love all of you :) and respect your opinions but for real a lot of you seem to say things that are blatant assumptions and or just you saying something to in my opinion bash on this posters opinion. its his opinion please leave it at that you guys it would be like me saying this---> when 343 took over halo reach all of the sudden a very competitive and fun game somehow became unfun gee wonder how that happened, I mean seriously I never had for instance issues with randomly being thrown around maps in vehicles or randomly exploding 1 kill before an Invincible for no reason until 343 put those utterly pathetic forge maps in reach, Bungie may have messed things up but still they consistently listened to there community and fixed most if not all of there issues because Bungie truly cared about the people they sucked into there universe lol. now that's my opinion and nothing will change that because my playing on both of these games and being heard by Bungie and not 343 backs up what im saying. I agree with this post for the obvious reason that I play halo 4 everyday and see the same issues with the csr system. btw join in progress will mess up your csr especially if you get dropped in a game that you absolutely cannot win which is pretty much an auto loss which affects your csr :) I know because I have only a overall 35 csr when I should have it higher but I am forced to back out of games or sign out to avoid getting an auto loss and or getting banned from leaderboards for DNF's that I cant control because of the broken join in progress system. there is no competitive in halo 4 so in my opinion there shouldn't even be a csr lol.

343 focused more on the story - as they should have - and gave the multiplayer a very good go, and I still enjoy playing it occasionally. But you have to look at what else is going on in the world of gaming besides Halo 4. Call of Duty Black Ops came out very close to Halo 4 and kind of overshadowed the Multiplayer universe for the game. I cannot stand Call of Duty, any of the games, because every person I speak to has never even played the story missions, they jump straight onto the multiplayer to 'Prestige' of something to that effect. Mainly because Call of Duty is a multiplayer based game. And it definitely has its fair share of issues in terms of 'Lag' - though to be perfectly honest, Halo 4 has never lagged on me and I have a cabled internet connection. I know people with Wifi connections that have major issues, but that is most likely the connection itself.

sorry dude but that's just a little bit of a biased opinion but its yours so live with it right? now most of the people who I play cod with play the story first or at some point in the first day a new cod comes out, now with cod lag its just plain and simple lag compensation which sucks but oh well one learns to deal with it lol. also your statement and some others about the lag on halo 4 or the lack of is correct and also not correct. halo 4 does have lag compensation on it now its in my opinion going to be in most if not all of future games because of peoples varying internet connections and speeds its just halo 4's lag comp isn't as severe as cod, now for your statement about being "hardwired" can make all the difference in halo multiplayer because you will be able to pretty much get the full affect of your internet going into your xbox :) wifi plain and simple sucks for online gaming.

Perhaps those seeking a cease fire on the opinions of others needs to first adhere to his own 'opinions'. 

Another reminder to Need Me Deadeye , Reach was made by Bungie, not 343. And Forge maps, have been around since Halo 3 - also a Bungie game. 

My argument with the original poster of the thread was to stop berating 343 on their 'first' game release under the Halo franchise - Halo CE Anniversary excluded.

Bungie's Halo CE wasn't all puppies and rainbows when it was released, people did just what we are doing - they argued about internet connection, multiplayer maps, story, etc.

So perhaps you best do some things to better help your cause before you post using inaccurate information:

--check easily found sources (perhaps the back of the game case on Halo: Reach would tell you Bungie developed the game)

--actually play the Halo series (playing Halo 3 would have given you insight into the Forge system)

--support posts that make logical sense and that most people agree with (i.e the original poster has been disagreed with by not just me, that is a subtle hint)

If you need further clarification, feel free to reply to the post.

stop berating 343 on their 'first' game release under the Halo franchise - Halo CE Anniversary excluded.

Why? This wasn't some youtube video they did for free. 343 made millions of dollars off of the Halo franchise. I got plenty of gameplay out of Halo 4, and I'm happy for that (my money's worth), but criticizing something you and everyone else paid for is inherent to video game revisions. Personally, I would have liked to seen palpable evidence that I had improved on Halo 4 - I feel like I was able to see that on Reach. As for people's criticisms, 343 should be glad people care enough to give them free help on their game. Don't companies usually pay for focus groups? Don't you think they have used people's free ideas from forums?

• Like 1

I don't disagree with you muflapjackie , I - and video game developers alike - dislike criticism with little to no merit. If there is validity to an argument, then I am more than willing to support it.

In this case however, the 'evidence' as such in regards to how 'bad a job 343 did with Halo 4' and how they 'screwed the pooch on this one' is little to none at best. The person whom started the thread had a problem with CSR and internet lagging, which is in very little part due to the games development, and has very little if any effect on the game itself. CSR is more commonly known as a 'Competitive Skill Rank', which they have, in the MLG, and is used primarily for status, to say 'Ya, I'm good at this game'. The lagging issue is the fact that they - Jared1991 - use WiFi connections and/or have very low quality internet service (despite his insistence on the best quality internet 'money can buy').

And yes, most game developers use Alpha test groups to fix bugs and check for the overall continuity and flow of a game - to make sure the game makes sense, chronologically, irregardless of story. They then sometimes follow up with Beta tests for the multiplayer - not all games have beta tests (public ones that is).

Berating somebody/ a company about their work that you elected to purchase due to what you perceive as 'flawed to an intense degree' is much like saying "I bought this condom and it didn't feel right while I was using it, fix this s**t otherwise I won't buy your s**t anymore." Most people/ businesses - or condom makers - will tell you where to go, in a very colourful manner. 

Criticism is good, ragging on about something simply because you didn't 'like it' is petty. Usually what accompanies criticism is 'advice' or better known as 'ways to improve your currently existing               ."

So, any other destitutions you would like to address about Halo 4 whilst I'm here?

Just gonna throw this out there and see what happens...

But anyways, What if 343i did make Halo 4 an Arena Shooter. A True Sequel to Halo 3 and not a successor to Halo Reach? In other words what if they made A Halo 3.5.. And the game still failed... Then what?

The people who complain about change now would be complaining that it was like CoD because it didnt change and it has to change to be good. I.e no pleasing some people.

But I believe some people hate because it isn't bungie, if they made 4 how it is now some haters would live it. They can't handle having different people.

Of course, that's SOME people, not all.

For me all Cod has to do is take a little more time with the game not just keep handing us the same crap over and over

Yeah. All Infinity Ward/Treyarch/Activision has to do is...

- Take more time between releases (Like 2 to 3 years or more)

- Invest more time/money into more features and better game engines, such as better graphics, A.I, Physics, and audio

- Make the games more unique per each new title. Like make MW4 the ONLY Cod game with, dual wielding, De-scoping, and No sprint, Etc. And Call of Duty Ghosts the only Cod game with Rechargeable shielded health, etc.

- Make the Campaign modes as fun and intense as MW2 but with the same easy to follow and well thought out story of MW1