I think the Halo: The Flood book feels exactly like Halo: CEA's campaign. Do you?

I personally think that Halo: CEA (Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary) feels exactly like the Halo book: Halo: THe Flood by William C. Dietz. 

Like: "Slamming a fresh clip into his rifle" like what was occasionally stated in the books. It does exactly that in that in the game while reloading a AR.

For you who have read the book Halo: The Flood please leave feedback if you agree or of what you think. :)

i'm not sure, i have not read the book but as i remember read it somewhere it is supposed to take place during and after HALO CE and before HALO 2
only book i have read is ghost of onyx a great book a lot backstory about MC and his team

two seconds of recherche i find this "Halo: The Flood is a 2003 novel based on the 2001 Xbox video game Halo: Combat Evolved written by William C. Dietz. Closely depicting the events of the video game"

source

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_The_Flood

i'm not sure, i have not read the book but as i remember read it somewhere it is supposed to take place during and after HALO CE and before HALO 2

only book i have read is ghost of onyx a great book a lot backstory about MC and his team

two seconds of recherche i find this "Halo: The Flood is a 2003 novel based on the 2001 Xbox video game Halo: Combat Evolved written by William C. Dietz. Closely depicting the events of the video game"

source

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_The_Flood

Indeed. Halo: The Flood is a literal written depiction of Halo: CE. It also has different viewpoints that we didn't get to see, such as the base camp that the marines set up after the crash landing.

• Like 1

I personally think that Halo: CEA (Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary) feels exactly like the Halo book: Halo: THe Flood by William C. Dietz. 

Like: "Slamming a fresh clip into his rifle" like what was occasionally stated in the books. It does exactly that in that in the game while reloading a AR.

For you who have read the book Halo: The Flood please leave feedback if you agree or of what you think. :)

agree will you completely halo the flood was one of the best halo books and book in general I ever read I loved the switching between viewpoints and how closely it was written to the game made me want to play cea all over again

It IS CEA/CE; it describes exactly what happens in the game, plus a few more viewpoints, such as Yap-Yap, who is STILL the greatest Grunt alive (Or dead).

Yap-Yap.....

I wish you were still alive.....

You were a great character........

Yep......Ya-Yap was my favourite grunt ever: I do as well wish he survived. But he just didn't find a way of the Halo/Ring World. Legendary Grunt. I will praise him for as long as I play Halo.

Funny you say this, because the book was supposed to be--in fact--a novelization of the game Halo: Combat Evolved back in 2001. If you'll notice, the missions are even titled the same as the chapters in the book, Halo: The Flood.

The detailed statement used to describe the action of reloading an assault rifle is only a regular method of describing said action. Anyone who has ever handled a weapon would be able to relate to the click and smack of a magazing locking in the respective port, and the charging handle being released. A common conception.

But you are correct in a sense. Combat Evolved is by far the best interpretation of Halo's lore and canon being implemented into gameplay. For example, the M6 handgun fires high explosive rounds, and if you note in the game after firing a round into a surface, there will be a small flare. It's volatile nature is also presented, rather surprisingly, by the sidearm's effectiveness against the Hunters, as a single shot to their exposed worm clusters kill them instantly, same as the sniper rifle or the shotgun, tearing apart the clusters in a debilitating manner.

I always recommend that people play Halo CE or CEA before any other game in the series, and double before they read any of the novels. I found more appreciation when I read the stories for the first time after finishing the game, as they complimented the narrative quite well.