Should future Halo games have ADS

starshot36

As long as there's hardly a difference in accuracy between ADS and nonADS shooting I think it'd be fine. If it was a preference thing you know? If shooting ADS gives an advantage then camping will be much more common, and I really think that's a negative.

It all depends on how it's done. I just don't want gameplay to slow down any.

Sorry, but if there is ADS 4 will end up like Reach, it won't feel like Halo. Find away to keep the original feel with ADS and I'm all for it. 343 should put it in a beta.

But if they do that, and lose the Halo feel it becomes Call of Duty: Future Warfare. I, and most everyone who still loves and/or plays Halo, HATES COD. We can't stand flank, camp, and more flank gameplay.

-He who does not punish evil commands it to be done.

-Leonardo DaVinci

As long as there's hardly a difference in accuracy between ADS and nonADS shooting I think it'd be fine. If it was a preference thing you know? If shooting ADS gives an advantage then camping will be much more common, and I really think that's a negative.

No; it will not look like COD (COD wasn't the inventor of ADS), it will look like every other game, but better, because of the story (the setting and the year) and the quantity of vehicles and usable spaces (from land to space), meanig, Halo's potential.

The idae of ADS is exacly to have more accuracy whila ADS'ing, just like you'd do in real life.

Can you explain what do you mean with:We can't stand flank, camp, and more flank gameplay, please;

Rafter

My personal opinion is it should be used for aesthetic reasons, i only posted this topic to merely see other peoples ideas, not to see people slugging it out. If i am honest i just thought this because i have never seen the point of putting sights on the gun if you can't use them

again i completely agree with what you are saying i just think it should be an option not a necessity

No, no, a thousand times no and if they do it wont be halo and I will look down with some shame upon that...creation

"Yes, yes, a thousand times yes"

It will not be the classic Halo, it will be better and more people will buy it;

If you want to play classic Halo you can play all the previous games, and you will alreaady have Halo CEA, you don't need one more

Keep opening you mind ;),

Rafter

go play COD most people buy halo because they DONT want to play COD and adding ADS would make it too much like COD they already added armor abilities making it like perks so ADS would be Terrible

No, no, a thousand times no and if they do it wont be halo and I will look down with some shame upon that...creation

"Yes, yes, a thousand times yes"

It will not be the classic Halo, it will be better and more people will buy it;

If you want to play classic Halo you can play all the previous games, and you will alreaady have Halo CEA, you don't need one more

Keep opening you mind ;),

Rafter

NO NO NO, a thousand times no. i bye Halo games to play Halo not COD or any other FPS out there. If they add this in It just wont be Halo any more, besides they may gain a few new people but they will loose the trust and faith of the core halo community

NO NO NO NO, a million times no! The halo franchise has been known as a Non-ADS shooter since the very first concept. To add the feature of ADS would be corrupting the structural integrity of Halo as a whole. Many other franchises have followed in all others paths by using the ADS system, but Halo is its own system of FPS. If the ADS system is added to Halo the you might as well title it Call of Duty: Halo.

So what is realistic, then?

Not COD and not Halo. they are just two different gamesplay styles. I preffer Halo, but play COD when my friends ask me to.

What is realistic? thats a funny question. Playing COD and engaging enemies in real life is like saying Forza 3 is realistic when you have never driven a real car.

People tend to beat these subjects to death. Its a matter of preferance. Halo not having ADS is what makes it Halo. COD is no more realistic than Halo, just different. If every FPS played like COD then we would have no real choice anymore. Having a choice is what makes being a gamer great.

• 2 weeks later...

NO NO and NO. ADS is hated by the Halo community, and it wouldn't work well with shields and the classic weapons. Ads will destroy Halo. :thumbdown: If they use other elements of gameplay and top all others they wouldn't need ADS. :thumbsup:

Keep Halo HALO!!!! :veryangry:

Thanks

BraverKING514

• 10 months later...

CoD jokes aside (honestly, just shut up if your only critisism is "THIS ISN'T COD GET OUT OF HERE COD NOOB!"), this really wouldn't work in Halo, both gameplay-wise and canonically.

Halo has always been known for its fast-paced, frantic gameplay. You're constantly strafing around your target, jumping to make you harder to hit, etc. In most games, ADS comes at the cost of movement; your look speed is slowed and movement is brought down to a snail's pace. Even if 343i made it so movement wasn't hindered, the weapons function in such a way that ADS is still unnecessary. Ever since Combat Evolved, the weapons of Halo have been simple to use: you point and shoot. Variables such as accuracy have been built around this foundation as well. If you want to go one step beyond, most UNSC weapons, and virtually all Covenant weapons have no iron sights. This is because of actual HUDs that are used by soldiers in either faction. The Heads Up Display that you see when playing? That's not just there for convinence, that's actually what Master Chief sees.

Now, ADS would still have benefits, as long as the concept itself is handled correctly. Bioshock is a perfect example of Halo-like gameplay that features ADS, albeit not prominently. In those instances where you would rather trust your own aim than the reticule, it does actually work quite well. For those not in the know, Bioshock & its sequel work clicking the right stick (in Halo this zooms in) to toggle between ADS & normal view. It actually fits the gameplay very well. To be perfectly honest, I would not mind seeing something similar included in a Halo game. Actually, I'd prefer to aim down my gun's "sights" than enter that stupid binocular zoom mode.

There are pros and cons to this. Really, it's hit-or-miss at best. For the time being it would make for a nice experiment. The Halo community is unforgiving when it comes to keeping the series distinct and separate from its competitors. Is ADS crossing the line? Maybe. Would it fit with Halo's gameplay? Probably not. Would I welcome the change? Absolutely.

• Like 1

ADS is a horrible idea in Halo, and I doubt 343 will see much success if they put it in any of their new games. People are already giving them mean looks (including me) for adding Promethean Vision, because it seems like a waste of an ability space once you get sort of familiar with maps.

No, the way the Visors work iron sights would not be necessary for Spartans. Everything you see on the HUD like the grenades, ammo, radar, health, shield, cross hair, etc is what the Spartan is seeing through his visor. So its not necessary.

• Like 2