Halo is DEAD!

Spartan Rider

Duel wielding was NOT a big thing. I'm not really a real-time big fan. Halo is probably my favorite game but I only started playing when Halo 3 came out. I didn't start like some of you with Halo CE or anything. But all the same, Halo is better than it was. A few things about it that are bad doesn't mean this is going to be a dead franchise.

1- Armor Abilities: I haven't much to argue, but simply I don't like it.

2- Loadouts: It's bad 'cause it makes all weapons unbalanced. Everybody respawning with DMR killing across the map, making the others guns irrelevant.

3- No Dual-Wielding: This was a stupid change, it's something intrinsic in Halo gameplay. No fun!

4- Maps: Looking like CoD. No life, no color unlike the previous Halo games.

5- Sprint: It simply doesn't fit in Halo. :/

6- No Social Battle Team (I guess the name is like that).

7- Ordnance Drop: It got rid of the struggle to get weapons respawn, and strategy to sabotage.

some things are bad about these points like #1 gave new gameplay, #2 lacks weapons, #3 wont be coming back until halo 2 anniversary, #4 the texture of the building materials are all boring, #5 helps with assassinations and intercepting flag carriers, #6 there wasnt one on reach so there wont be one for 4, #7 most of the time im getting crap. weapons should not have been included in the drops

The only thing about Halo 4 that I dislike are Active Camo/Jet Pack and the small BTB maps.

i used to have a list about what i disliked then i just realized its better playing other games and waiting to see if halo 5 will be any better.

Edited by TornadoFlame
  • Like 1

i used to have a list about what i disliked then i just realized its better playing other games and waiting to see if halo 5 will be any better.

I play Halo 4 because it's fun, not because it is titled as Halo. If Halo 4 was called something else, nobody would complain, which is what annoys me.

• Like 1

I play Halo 4 because it's fun, not because it is titled as Halo. If Halo 4 was called something else, nobody would complain, which is what annoys me.

because the other game wouldn't be a AAA game xbox only exclusive. If this game was called something other than halo i would have liked it but it would still be gathering dust like it does. Halo 4 only sold well because of its name sadly I want to see how halo 5 fairs with all the disapointment around halo 4.

because the other game wouldn't be a AAA game xbox only exclusive. If this game was called something other than halo i would have liked it but it would still be gathering dust like it does. Halo 4 only sold well because of its name sadly I want to see how halo 5 fairs with all the disapointment around halo 4.

Okay, but have you noticed that 343i is at least reading and replying to all of the complaints? They DO care. They just expected the Halo community to be happy and thankful for such a game. They didn't think we were all immature kids who hate change.

Okay, but have you noticed that 343i is at least reading and replying to all of the complaints? They DO care. They just expected the Halo community to be happy and thankful for such a game. They didn't think we were all immature kids who hate change.

Why should i be happy for buying a game that was 75 percent complete don't i have a right to complain? The game has took a massive nose dive, 343 came out and said themselfs they messed up. This is the business world People aren't mature they payed 60-120 usd for there game. they have a right to whine and moan when The game came out unfinshed and they kept things from us *ranking system* ect. if this was a car company and they released a unfinshed car would they have a right to whine then?*bad example*  But like i said its been way to long since halo 4 came out for me not to worry much about it no more, i enjoy playing lame cod. i commend them for trying to attempt to fix it but i mean its not helping or doing anything judging by the online population The things people really want They are ignoring.

look at resident evil with 6 they went way away from there horror formula and that game nose dived also it's compays ignoring what made them gold and attempting something new and not doing it right. Sadly Cod is the only company thats doing it right by Changing just enough about there game to keep having people buy it.

Why should i be happy for buying a game that was 75 percent complete don't i have a right to complain? The game has took a massive nose dive, 343 came out and said themselfs they messed up. This is the business world People aren't mature they payed 60-120 usd for there game. they have a right to whine and moan when The game came out unfinshed and they kept things from us *ranking system* ect. if this was a car company and they released a unfinshed car would they have a right to whine then?*bad example*  But like i said its been way to long since halo 4 came out for me not to worry much about it no more, i enjoy playing lame cod. i commend them for trying to attempt to fix it but i mean its not helping or doing anything judging by the online population The things people really want They are ignoring.

look at resident evil with 6 they went way away from there horror formula and that game nose dived also it's compays ignoring what made them gold and attempting something new and not doing it right. Sadly Cod is the only company thats doing it right by Changing just enough about there game to keep having people buy it.

Which pretty much means they are making practically no changes or changes so small it makes no difference.

I agree with the OP.

The classic, unique Halo gameplay has been replaced with some abomination of Halo/CoD.

Armour abilities were the first step in the wrong direction.

They were implemented in the wrong way, though they do have a place in game play. However, they need to be made like equipment on H3.

Have them spread around the map, make us want to contest their spawns for control. 

Sprint. Bad idea, doesn't fit Halo. Makes small maps, smaller and large maps not so large.

Loadouts. No. Get rid of them from matchmaking. Halo's gameplay always had two teams with equal equipment, with skill being the only factor.

Not anymore, now it's just picking the right gun for the map. This can ruin the gameplay of some maps like Valhalla.

Ordnance. Out with it. It's just a bad game mechanic that punishes dedication and rewards deathmatch style play. Gone are the glorious days of contesting the power weapons, holding the banshee spawn and memorizing that early shotgun.

• Like 1

I agree with the OP.

The classic, unique Halo gameplay has been replaced with some abomination of Halo/CoD.

Armour abilities were the first step in the wrong direction.

They were implemented in the wrong way, though they do have a place in game play. However, they need to be made like equipment on H3.

Have them spread around the map, make us want to contest their spawns for control. 

Sprint. Bad idea, doesn't fit Halo. Makes small maps, smaller and large maps not so large.

Loadouts. No. Get rid of them from matchmaking. Halo's gameplay always had two teams with equal equipment, with skill being the only factor.

Not anymore, now it's just picking the right gun for the map. This can ruin the gameplay of some maps like Valhalla.

Ordnance. Out with it. It's just a bad game mechanic that punishes dedication and rewards deathmatch style play. Gone are the glorious days of contesting the power weapons, holding the banshee spawn and memorizing that early shotgun.

Wouldnt that just be Halo3 with updated graphics and maps?

I agree with certain points but change must happen if a game is to survive.  I agree about the armour abilities or at least some of them, Active cammo should a placed item not free at spawn.

I think sprint is generally fine as it promotes map movement and stops a couple of snipers holding everything down.

As for loadouts well i love the old style gameplay but i quite like the extra level loadouts bring to the game (now that the weapons are better balanced) although certain abilities within loadouts are too much.

As for ordinance, i think it has its place in certain gametypes but some weapons (rocket launchers, Fuel rod, spartan laser, all snipers etc ) should be placement only limit it to extra grenades and less powerful weapons and balance it better between teams.

Wouldnt that just be Halo3 with updated graphics and maps?

I agree with certain points but change must happen if a game is to survive.  I agree about the armour abilities or at least some of them, Active cammo should a placed item not free at spawn.

I think sprint is generally fine as it promotes map movement and stops a couple of snipers holding everything down.

As for loadouts well i love the old style gameplay but i quite like the extra level loadouts bring to the game (now that the weapons are better balanced) although certain abilities within loadouts are too much.

As for ordinance, i think it has its place in certain gametypes but some weapons (rocket launchers, Fuel rod, spartan laser, all snipers etc ) should be placement only limit it to extra grenades and less powerful weapons and balance it better between teams.

I don't see why it must change.

Hell, the industry seems to detest change and promote similar gameplay.

I don't see why 343 couldn't have just gone with improvement over change.

• Like 1

I don't see why it must change.

Hell, the industry seems to detest change and promote similar gameplay.

I don't see why 343 couldn't have just gone with improvement over change.

You may have a point although i still think some of the changes are good.  Although keeping some playlists in the classic style wouldnt be a bad thing at all.  

If 343 had have just released a revamped H3 they would have got slated anyway maybe some changes went too far but at least they have tried to rectify some of it.

You may have a point although i still think some of the changes are good.  Although keeping some playlists in the classic style wouldnt be a bad thing at all.  

If 343 had have just released a revamped H3 they would have got slated anyway maybe some changes went too far but at least they have tried to rectify some of it.

If they made the best game ever people still would have complained, simply because people are people and everyone is entitled.
  • Like 1

If they made the best game ever people still would have complained, simply because people are people and everyone is entitled.

But they didn't, So I complain and hope they do and then not care about the people who complain about the best game ever because I will be playing the best game ever.

***I DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH, SO I CAN'T EXPRESS CLEARLY. SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKE***

I admit, I'm not a Halo player since the CE. I started to play in Halo 3, indeed I like Halo 3 very much. I was wishful to Halo 4 come, 'cause the graphics and almost everything was looking preety awesome. I'm still thinking the same now, but something is wrong with it. Halo is not Halo anymore! The aspects of Halo 4 is pretty good, but it doesn't fit in the Halo that we know.

I can relate everything that does me disappointed in Halo 4.

1- Armor Abilities: I haven't much to argue, but simply I don't like it.

2- Loadouts: It's bad 'cause it makes all weapons unbalanced. Everybody respawning with DMR killing across the map, making the others guns irrelevant.

3- No Dual-Wielding: This was a stupid change, it's something intrinsic in Halo gameplay. No fun!

4- Maps: Looking like CoD. No life, no color unlike the previous Halo games.

5- Sprint: It simply doesn't fit in Halo. :/

6- No Social Battle Team (I guess the name is like that).

7- Ordnance Drop: It got rid of the struggle to get weapons respawn, and strategy to sabotage.

Some personal confessions:

Well, I'm not skunking the 343i. The game looks good, but all I complain is about the new changes isn't fitting in Halo.

I believe that 343i could make a awesome new franchise. Make another game, with another history, another Universe, and make your own identity. It could be an awesome game. Well, the Xbox needs to have more exclusives.

***I DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH, SO I CAN'T EXPRESS CLEARLY. SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKE***

You speak english quite well son, :D Anyway, here.

1- I feel like some are underpowered, like the Hardlight, no real problem there, they are mostly balanced.

2- What do Loadouts have to do with DMR Killing? Anybody can pick one up on the maps, blame weapon placements there, most people use fair weapons, and mix in the heavy hitters, if you don't like the people in your game, leave and recycle, you won't lose anything, this isn't Halo 3 XD.

3- I agree there, but somebody dual-wielding boltshots, that would be chaos!

4- I think the maps are full of life, like Abandon, there are actual, detailed, creatures in pods, does CoD have that?

5- What? Sprint is a great addition, I think it is well balanced, and keeps the map at a fast pace.

6- I thought they added that in? Anyway, 343i is hard working, if it isn't in now, it will be added in later.

7- Ordnance drops keep you on your toes to look out for heavy weapons, they don't spawn in the same spots, so you never know where they are gonna be at, I like them.

Do I agree, Yes and No. No the game is not dead, but yes it is different. I am not getting Halo 5, but only because it isn't on the Xbox 360.