Your Opinion of Spartan Ops?

Axilus Prime

I'm just wondering what you all think of Spartan Ops overall.

I think it's fun, and the lag only happens sometimes, (then again, I never use Matchmaking for Spartan Ops) but it could be better.

The whole infinite lives thing slaps my suspension of disbelief in the face with a wet fish, and so every death breaks my immersion. I think they should have made it just like Campaign's checkpoint system.

Secondly, the number of enemies is ridiculous (though not impossible to deal with even if they implemented checkpoints). They should scale it to the number of players so that if it's solo, it's like Campaign, if it's with two, it has twice the enemies, etc.

And third, skulls. Skulls would toss in some new Spartan Ops Challenges and overall give more options. Plus the Iron skull could be thrown in to make the death of any player cause a revert (So the whole Fireteam Crimson survives and wins each time thing makes proper sense), which basically means my suspension of disbelief would kill the wet fish, dry it, clean it, cook it, and eat it.

What do you all think?

i loved sparten ops every week i would come back to play it some stuff was bad about it but if 343 makes another season in halo 4 or 5 they will hopefully improve it like add skulls and mesure foes if youre playing solo if youre having trouble just go down to easy mode fixes that :laughing:

Edited by Caboose.

LOL. Easy.

Then it'd be no fun at all. On Heroic a Knight becomes a soft pillow just waiting to be shredded by my gunfire. Easy would just make things ridiculous.

But the checkpoints and skulls are my main concern. If the respawns were back before the wave of enemies and logical, then completing a mission would be an actual accomplishment.

And it would prevent stuff like the time I died, respawned in a crowd of enemies 10 times, then respawned in midair above a lava pit and died, then respawned 5 more times in a crowd of enemies before finally landing at a sniper position...at which point I was shot as soon as I spawned. Thankfully that didn't result in more death.

I do like Spartan Ops, but I agree that the infinite lives and respawning is kinda dumb. Also, it'll probably never be implemented, but I wish you had NPC members of Crimson with you when you're playing solo. It kills my immersion in the story when I'm alone when there's supposed to be a team. A Republic Commando style squad control system would also be awesome, if there'll ever be NPC teammates. Same maps were a problem until Ep 6, so they don't trouble me that much. The missions could use some variety, all we have now is big, chaotic firefights. Sniping, stealth and small engagements were scarce, at least in my opinion.

I like Spartan Ops, but it has some flaws in my opinion and some little things that urk me. Heres some of the following.

Infinite lives-I disapprove of the Infinite lives it leaves me as unmotivated I can just run out there a million times till I win with absolutely no skill I've beaten Legendary by just throwing my body at them a million times.. I would prefer it go on a system of a few lives or lives based on difficulty.

Crimson Team- I like the idea of the whole Crimson Team, but I am more of a Solo guy so when I play Solo I wish they would just say Crimson or even just throw in a blank rank to call you like Noble 6.

Respawning System- Not the best I have found myself spawning right where I died......surrounded.

Number of Enemies- The number of Enemies seems pretty fine to me, but I think they need better placement. Most are just in the middle of your path to your objective.

Killing all enemies- I don't really like the kill all the enemies at the end of each mission I understand clearing out a LZ, but having to go to the beginning to kill a stray grunt is just unnecessary in my eyes.

Cutscenes- I loved the cutscene when you escape capture and assassinate the elite. I would love more of those types of cutscenes and what really annoys me is that there is no quick getting into the pelican cutscene you just walk near or under it and POOF and of mission. I want a cool cutscene of getting in the pelican and a marine highfiving me.

Reuse of maps- I used to complain about this more towards the middle of the series, but now its not so bad. But I'll have to wait till next season to see if they do the same thing to start complaining.

But all in all I like the Spartan Ops series. Not perfect, but I like.

Edited by Harbinger
  • Like 2