Why did Requiem hit that sun?

Victory Element

first off, this is probably not what you think it is. I am not asking a stupid question, just allow me to explain what i am trying to figure out.

Okay, so in one of the halo books (Ghost of Onyx or glasslands i believe), the plot took place inside of a dyson sphere, better know as a shield world. At some point in the story, the outer surface of the planet broke apart and revealed that i was made entirely out of forerunner sentinals.

So now i'm wondering, if Requiem was on a collison course with the star, why didn't it break up into the individual sentinals? it would seem like common sense for them to seperate and save themselves from total destruction. Anyone have some insight to this question?

Also, Requiem was built to imprison the Didact. The Prometheans were there as effectively prison guards. Onyx was unique, as it housed a Slipspace portal to a world INSIDE Slipspace. Again, that was most likely unique. I'm guessing Halo Wars worlds are the most common.

Ok, to explain it - all shield worlds all have one function that they share with each other; this is to shield from the Halo Array's biological weapon. But then there are many different other shield worlds and they each have differnet uses.

Onyx = A massive amount of sentinels came together to make a sphere that was terraformed into a planet. Underground was a slipspace portal to a dyson sphere, which can be explained by the lack of physics - it's a world within a sphere about a few cm wide, I believe. cm or m.

Halo wars shield world = A combat based shield world. It held an entire fleet of Forerunner machines. 

Requiem = THE combat shield world. It was, during the Forerunner-Flood and Forerunner-Human war, the main operational base that the Didact used. Afterwards, when the Didact became a bit of an A##hole, they instead put him inside.

Requiem's structure is different in that it is layered; the outer layer is where the Infinity was trapped in. It has all the natural stuff. Through layers more, was the inner core which featured what could be called a comms booster - it's actually a Cryptum, and it has that ability.  This layer was small enough that with enough time, land vehicles could cover it quickly.

Requiem was not built by terraformed Sentinels; granted, Sentinels definitely helped in the creation process, but Requiem isn't a bunch of sentinels.

Next, it dove into the sun because that was part of it's self destruct program.

• Like 1