A Disturbingly True Fact

Victory Element

Well this is what a read.

"It is more than likely that the Precursors created the Flood as an act of vengeance on the Forerunners after those two species finished the war with each other. As the Precursors were forced out of the galaxy by the Forerunners, the Precursors released the Flood."

here is some information that i am quoting from halopedia. This first part is about the relationship of the flood to the precursors:

"During this time period, Mendicant Bias conversed with the Primordial, who in turn explained the purpose of the Flood, the nature of the Mantle, and the eons-long plan of the Precursors. During the course of this conversation, it soon became clear that the Primordial was in actuality a Gravemind, a physical embodiment of the Flood's collective consciousness. Mendicant Bias was eventually persuaded by the Primordial/Gravemind's arguments, and deliberately succumbed to rampancy. The AI then defected to the Flood, and referred to the Gravemind as its master, demonstrating its denial of the Forerunners."

in case you were wondering, the Primordial is the last known precursor. the Didact encountered this being several times and he was an improtant role in some of the halo novels.

this second quote is about a conversation with the Promordial that was held shortly after the flood was released

"When the Flood were first encountered in the Milky Way, several humans questioned the prisoner as to the nature and origin of the "disease". When the prisoner gave them an answer, the humans present were so deeply horrified that many of them committed suicide."

I have a hunch that what the humans were told was of the same general idea of my original topic. but, the exact contents of the interrogation are not known

here is some information that i am quoting from halopedia. This first part is about the relationship of the flood to the precursors:

"During this time period, Mendicant Bias conversed with the Primordial, who in turn explained the purpose of the Flood, the nature of the Mantle, and the eons-long plan of the Precursors. During the course of this conversation, it soon became clear that the Primordial was in actuality a Gravemind, a physical embodiment of the Flood's collective consciousness. Mendicant Bias was eventually persuaded by the Primordial/Gravemind's arguments, and deliberately succumbed to rampancy. The AI then defected to the Flood, and referred to the Gravemind as its master, demonstrating its denial of the Forerunners."

in case you were wondering, the Primordial is the last known precursor. the Didact encountered this being several times and he was an improtant role in some of the halo novels.

this second quote is about a conversation with the Promordial that was held shortly after the flood was released

"When the Flood were first encountered in the Milky Way, several humans questioned the prisoner as to the nature and origin of the "disease". When the prisoner gave them an answer, the humans present were so deeply horrified that many of them committed suicide."

I have a hunch that what the humans were told was of the same general idea of my original topic. but, the exact contents of the interrogation are not known

Halopedia is not a reliable source.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The flood are not perfect, but are simply better than humans and other sentient species. This is because of their adaptability. In the wild, the creatures that produce the most offspring and who are the most equipped to live in their environments prosper; the flood can survive in any environment because it consumes the life-forms already adapted to live there. It doesn't need to wait millions of years for a mutation to occur in order for it to adapt - it simply takes over those creatures already adapted. That is why it is so superior, because it doesn't need to wait in order to evolve - it manifests itself in evolved creatures and literally steals their knowledge right from their brains. It isn't inherently smarter or stronger or even more adapted than humans in its primal state, but once it takes over sentient life, it gains all of their abilities and knowledge. Still, I wouldn't call the flood perfect or claim their society to be utopian, because they don't really have a "society" to begin with. They don't have emotions, they don't have passions, they don't have sensations, which to us seems terrible, but to them seems like a heavy burden laid down, since they don't have to deal with the problems we humans face related to our wants and worries.