Automatics challenges... Seriously?!?

kT4STROPHE

Hi, i'm new to the forum, I basically made this account because I love Halo 4... Infact, I think it's *ALMOST* the best game in the series yet. However, imo theres just a few things holding it back. First... OVERPOWERED WEAPONS! This has most probably already been discussed on here, I'd be suprised if it hasn't because pretty much everyone I play with agrees.

I'm talking here about the boltshot and pretty much all of the assault rifles, However I'm not going to go into that, as I'm not here to complain about them as such... As annoying as they are I can deal with them. The thing that is really starting to grind my gears with this game is the challenges which are promoting the use of these weapons. When I say this i'm talking about the automatics challenges and the secondary weapon challenges.

Again, I could deal with them... If it wasn't every F*****G week! It's getting ridiculous... Seriously, It's especially affecting the Regicide playlist, I think this is where most people go to do these challenges, which sucks for me because i'm more of a free for all kinda guy. However I avoid it like the plague lately because literally everyone is whoring out assault rifles.

Please 343 could you kindly chill out with these challenges! Atleast limit them to one a month... It's getting ridiculous!

What do you mean "Assault Rifles"? The supresssor and AR?  These are easily countered by one of the many headshot weapons you can spawn with, and the boltshot has been nerfed.  Still really strong, but I think all of your complaints can be easily compensated for in game.  I think other members of the community would agree with me.  

the reason peaple say assult rifles are overpowerd is becase in halo 4 they are a decent wepon to use but can be easily counterd with dmrs brs etc but in the right hands a killing machine so as u can see they are not op at all also the mayebe 343 do need to put less in but making peaple us a ar for rank fine by me

@Hunter Yeah when i'm in a team game on a slightly larger map and there's only one or two other guys using the assault rifle/suppressor/storm rifle sure it's easy to keep a distance and pick them off with a dmr or br. Try playing Haven on regicide when literally every other guy in the game has an assault rifle equipped and tell me it's easily countered...

And the boltshot IS still overpowered. No weapon you spawn with should be a one shot kill. That's just asking to be whored out by badkids.

I've played lots of games of Haven (You have to if you play a playlist that has Haven in it, people vote for that map in their sleep) and the AR/Storm Rifle/Suppressor are all very easily countered. They all get wrecked on that map. The reason people like Haven is because the encounter ranges are extremely consistent. You will almost always be fighting people at mid-range, not much longer or shorter, which means that the automatic weapons are always just outside their ideal ranges.

Other small maps like Solace, Abandon, and Adrift have a greater variety of encounter ranges and players can therefore control their game a bit more and make an automatic weapon work, but on Haven it's mid-range all day.

• Like 1

@Hunter Yeah when i'm in a team game on a slightly larger map and there's only one or two other guys using the assault rifle/suppressor/storm rifle sure it's easy to keep a distance and pick them off with a dmr or br. Try playing Haven on regicide when literally every other guy in the game has an assault rifle equipped and tell me it's easily countered...

And the boltshot IS still overpowered. No weapon you spawn with should be a one shot kill. That's just asking to be whored out by badkids.

firstly his rank is hunter lol now onto the psot assult rifles can be easily counterd no matter what the range and as good wepons maybe try them yourself only on small maps though and the boltshot has had a super nerf so no comment

I've played lots of games of Haven (You have to if you play a playlist that has Haven in it, people vote for that map in their sleep) and the AR/Storm Rifle/Suppressor are all very easily countered. They all get wrecked on that map. The reason people like Haven is because the encounter ranges are extremely consistent. You will almost always be fighting people at mid-range, not much longer or shorter, which means that the automatic weapons are always just outside their ideal ranges.

Other small maps like Solace, Abandon, and Adrift have a greater variety of encounter ranges and players can therefore control their game a bit more and make an automatic weapon work, but on Haven it's mid-range all day.

The fact that people still use automatics on Haven in anything not named Regicide is beyond me. And even on Regi a halfway decent BR/DMR will still lay waste.

• Like 1

Other small maps like Solace, Abandon, and Adrift have a greater variety of encounter ranges and players can therefore control their game a bit more and make an automatic weapon work, but on Haven it's mid-range all day.

Okay, maybe I wasn't quite clear enough on my first post. My problem here is with the challenges for these weapons which are coming on pretty much every week. Like you said yourself in the above post, Haven is mid range map... And the automatic weapons are 'always just outside their ideal ranges'. So why then would everyone in the game apart from me be using an assault rifle which is a shorter range weapon, on a mid range map? Because they choose to? Or maybe because a challenge is encouraging them to for an xp reward?

I'd just like to mention again here i'm not talking about team games, i'm talking about regicide... Where you've constantly got guys creeping up on you whilst your attacking someone else. You might argue that i'd have the same problem weather it be a guy creeping up on me with an assault rifle or a precision weapon... And I agree I'd have a disadvantage in both situations, but there's something seriously irritating to me about a guy running up behind you spraying an assault rifle up your a**

I haven't just played one or two games and been whored out by assault rifles and come on here raging either. This is something I've been noticing for a while now, every time these challenges come on, the amount of assault rifles being used seems to increase dramatically.

I haven't played in a while but even when I was rolling a lot I did notice what you're talking about and I'd agree, it's a pain in the butt. Someone above made a post that the AR FINALLY has the strength that it was always missing and I'd certainly agree with that. To be a starting weapon, for years it was horribly underpowered. Now it has the firepower it always should have but it's throwing folks off because in previous versions, frankly, it was a joke.

As long as I kept the AR users in front of me, I never had problems with them and I suspect it is the same with you but ..... if you get flanked or caught from behind .... DANGER WILL ROBINSON!! lol

I truly do sympathize with you but as you've said, 343 has promoted the use of them with the challenges. IMO, the best thing to do is adjust your tactics, use PV for sure 'cause sure as anything there will be kids camo camping with them, and maintain a high awareness level.

• Like 1

I haven't played in a while but even when I was rolling a lot I did notice what you're talking about and I'd agree, it's a pain in the butt. Someone above made a post that the AR FINALLY has the strength that it was always missing and I'd certainly agree with that. To be a starting weapon, for years it was horribly underpowered. Now it has the firepower it always should have but it's throwing folks off because in previous versions, frankly, it was a joke.

As long as I kept the AR users in front of me, I never had problems with them and I suspect it is the same with you but ..... if you get flanked or caught from behind .... DANGER WILL ROBINSON!! lol

I truly do sympathize with you but as you've said, 343 has promoted the use of them with the challenges. IMO, the best thing to do is adjust your tactics, use PV for sure 'cause sure as anything there will be kids camo camping with them, and maintain a high awareness level.

Exactly! and I've done just that. Firepower with dmr and ar for my regicide class, with dexterity for quick weapon swaps and reloads... If you can't beat em, join em! Muhaha =]

Exactly! and I've done just that. Firepower with dmr and ar for my regicide class, with dexterity for quick weapon swaps and reloads... If you can't beat em, join em! Muhaha =]

Yeah, I ended up using FirePower on a lot of my classes which frankly, I didn't want to do and it was caused by the enhancement of the AR and I do agree with that move. Way overdue. Still, most kids just spam it so I generally took them apart with my swat class which is BR/Pistol. Just keep your head about you and your awareness level on high. You'll be all right.

If anything this game lacks a population. And specificly an CASUAL population. So go ahead. Nerf the AR. Get the pop down to less than a k. Not.

The worst examples of camping in Halo4 mm is done by Br/Dmr freaks equipped with wall hack.