September 4th, Maintenance

Twam

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to let you know if you didn't already, that we've been having some problems for the last week or two with one of our switches. In particular, the link between this switch and the rest of our network has gone offline approximately once a day for the past couple of days, with less frequent problems prior to that. In the course of troubleshooting this issue, i have now determined that the switch itself is faulty, and will be replacing it sometime tomorrow.

For this switch replacement, there will be some downtime. We expect the downtime tomorrow to be between 15 and 30 minutes, as we expect it to take that long to unplug all the cables from the current switch, and make sure they get connected to the matching port on the new switch. All other maintenance related to this changeover should not cause downtime, just the cable moves, so however long that takes is how long there will be downtime.

I apologize for the inconvenience here, and for the late notification.

Please be assured that I am doing everything that I can to minimize any further downtime.

-Twam

Twam I have no idea what a "switch" for the site is, but "Get It Did"! You have done a great job so far, but keep it up, I hear there is a member of this forum after your job!

(Seriously.....I haven't heard any rumor, unless this post starts a rumor. Just having some fun Twam. If I am to be punished, I will forfeit my key to the executive washroom for 5 days in penance.)