Motion Tracker Needs to Stay Gone

Final Sentence

I love how I get banned from WayPoint for this post, it's not even bad...

The only reason Motion Tracker should be in the game is to help new players in FPS games. There is no other reason to have this option in the game, the ONLY OTHER GAME that has this option is Aliens. Why you ask? For the very reason of the game, YOU PLAY DEFENSE THE ENTIRE GAME NOT OFFENSE! You are being attacked, you aren't attacking, so that's the point of the motion tracker, it helps the people playing defense more than offense, but this is a FPS game...

So what does a motion tracker do for gameplay? Makes the game played like a DEFENSIVE game, which is slow paced and boring.

Also, good luck when Halo goes away because this has no reason to ever appear in any FPS games in the future, unless another Aliens game. It's proven year after year, it's bad.

Bungie has plan and simple made the majority of Halo games bad. They relay way to much on something that shows all movement and even spawns. You are active on motion tracker for 5 seconds after spawning even if you instantly squat, <-- that's retarded.

Get over Motion Tracker being off on Throwdown, learn to play without it, because it will be gone when Halo leaves. RADAR works like MW and UAV's because it's not always on and can be blown up, this always on crap is dumb.

I have been playing since CE, if you played with anyone in my group and you forgot the motion tracker DISABLED setting, you get a warning, 2nd offense is a kick in the ass. It makes you bad and narrow minded, period, plan and simple. Blame Bungie for making you suck.

No reason for having motion tracker turned on, allied only is the better option for Halo 4 as the sound aspect of Halo has never been so pronounced. Your own footsteps sound like they are behind you and I'd rather know a friendly IS behind me by the sound and glancing at the radar then having to constantly turn around to check.

I disagree, motion trackers and radar will remain in shooters for a long time. Most games have it and continue to create different versions than other games. 

Although it does prompt camping a little bit, it is a very offensive tool to many (me included). Most people are very oblivious to the radar, and are often taken advantage of by those offensively using it.  I understand not having it in competitive play or having a downgraded version to only allies. It would be obstructive to most competitive play. As for spawning and showing up, I played some games, and I only showed up when spawning on my own and my allies radar in the first five seconds. There was a radar ping on my allies radar, showing I spawned, but not on my enemies, unless I moved or fired.

I disagree, motion trackers and radar will remain in shooters for a long time. Most games have it and continue to create different versions than other games. 

Although it does prompt camping a little bit, it is a very offensive tool to many (me included). Most people are very oblivious to the radar, and are often taken advantage of by those offensively using it.  I understand not having it in competitive play or having a downgraded version to only allies. It would be obstructive to most competitive play. As for spawning and showing up, I played some games, and I only showed up when spawning on my own and my allies radar in the first five seconds. There was a radar ping on my allies radar, showing I spawned, but not on my enemies, unless I moved or fired.

Yea I'm with this guy! I agree 100%...so I'm not gonna restate exactly what you said..

What I was stating was motion trackers need to go, not radar. I have no problem with radar but anything that tracks all movement should die with Halo. Also, when he said, "most are very oblivious to the radar (motion tracker)" then why do they all complain about it missing? If they didn't pay attention to it, why does it matter if it's missing or not functioning 100% ?

First, the motion tracker in Halo has different settings.

1, no MT

2, only allies MT (stopping or crouching has no effect, as you always see allies)

3, everyone, MT (stopping or crouching removes a person from MT, unless firing or using AC)

4, everyone, no matter what conditions

Normal settings are #3, which have been in every Halo. It does not track all motion (ie crouching). Once you understand how to use MT offensively, you have the advantage a lot, an begin to notice how many people do not use their MT much. The people who complain about no MT are very much the people who learn to use it well, mainly campers or those who do not play competitively. It takes getting used to.

Part of Halo is having MT, and it was in many games before. Halo is balanced with a MT, but other games are not, (for example COD, as it would give away snipers and everyone else, it breaks balancing). 

you choose if you want to defend or attack.

halo will never go away. the day will come when games stop being made, but the impact the games made will still make me play the other features. i am no multiplayer addict meaning that if i was to lose multiplayer, i would die. "this has no reason to ever appear in any fps games in the future", are you psychic? no. are you a game dev? no. you cant control a franchise all because of a minor flaw that makes that franchise, that franchise

Get over Motion Tracker being on because its HALO, learn to play WITH IT, and more games will appear after halo's gone and still have some form of motion tracking. The RADAR in COD is stupid, you cant even tell when theres an enemy next to you, thats why i had a -2,000 Kill Death Ratio in MW2. at least with halo, its a fighting chance. this "always on" crap is not dumb. while your at it, go tell Call Of Duty to remove Killstreaks which wont happen

bungie made the majority of the halo games good. halo 1 was great, so was halo 2, and halo 3, and reach. you cant see all movement for those not moving, unless "player locations" is the setting and not "player movement". if your being shown on radar after spawning, then you must be moving because i have never seen myself on radar until i moved, even after watching films. the only game that did this was the original halo

there's 2 options. the first one is to play your own custom games with the gametype option "Motion Tracker: Shows Nothing". the other option is to not pay any attention to the radar

if you dont like motion trackers, you can always play another game. halo isnt going to suffer with 1 less player

Are you familiar with the concept Field of View? I don't know the word for the sensory deprivation that occurs by viewing your world through a screen, but that's relevant as well.

Humans can see something like 100 degrees vertically and almost 180 horizontally, but your TV only shows you about 90 degrees. You also can't feel the floor of the game world vibrate through your feet, or hear all the noises people make just moving around (They're too much of a pain to program I expect, especially for something that won't sound recognizable anyway). Also even with the massive improvements in sound design, not every TV/Xbox comes equipped with free surround sound (none of the ones I've ever purchased have anyway). Furthermore, some of us don't live alone and don't devote our finances to being hardcore in a video game, so we don't invest in headphones or surround sound. You can't feel the air move as another spartan passes within inches of you, and you can't hear their armor make any noise behind you when they level their rifle at your head.

The motion tracker is and always has been there to replace all the senses you lose simply by playing the game in the first place. It's perfectly fine that you don't like it, but don't pretend removing it is somehow the only right way to play.

Please also avoid saying stupid things like playing defense is bad, because every damn piece of pro advice I've ever read on the matter says that it's better to get into a strong position and let the enemy come to you. All that "play aggressive" talk is the product of MLG, which recognizes (very accurately) that teams playing defense aren't as exciting to watch, and MLG is all about making the game entertaining to the spectator (Where do you think the money comes from?!?). I have nothing against aggressive players, I frequently am one, and they are definitely more fun to watch, but don't pretend it's the only right way to play the game. Your narrow thinking is exactly what got us this crap game in the first place, someone kept saying "faster is better" and "camping is bad" but those are OPINIONS. Faster is not always better, what matters is that you control the pace, whatever it is, and don't let your enemy set it. Camping isn't always bad, what matters is that you're winning, camping or not.

The best players in the world will play BETTER with a motion tracker because MORE INFORMATION is BETTER.

Also what kind of idiot thinks FFA is more fun without motion trackers? The whole point of removing motion trackers is to cripple you into talking to your team, the whole point is the handicap you into playing a certain way. It's not just plain better, it's a decision designed to force a certain type of gameplay, and there were way too many of those decisions in Halo 4's design.

Will you become a better player if you play without a motion tracker? In team games, probably so. But that doesn't mean everyone wants to become that better player. I play with some deaf guys, tell me what they gain from the team communication that arises from removing motion trackers?

Will you become a better player if you play without a motion tracker in FFA games? No you'll probably just spend a lot of time looking like an idiot as you and other players flail around each other without any idea where each other are. That's what happens when you remove the sensory surrogate that is the motion tracker. I've seen in MLG games, two players got into CQB and then as soon as they're off each other's screens they don't know where the other has gone, because they can only see 90 degrees of the damn conflict area. If both players turn the same way to find the other (Like they probably will because odds are they're both right-handed) they will continue to dance around each other without seeing the other. Eventually they find each other, but the problem should be obvious.

Ideally, if you want to be a badass, then you should play with your team without motion trackers until you get your communication and movement perfect, then you turn the motion trackers back on in matchmaking so that you have two weapons adding to your awareness instead of just one. If I were to make a training playlist (Like the basic training one that was in Halo 3) I might remove motion trackers, but a playlist where you play competitively should expose you to all the cheap and dirty tricks that can be used so that you don't get sheltered in a world where the "bad things" have been removed for you.

I'm fine with encouraging teamwork, and as a training tool I think removing the motion tracker can make you a better player, but keeping it makes you a more informed player, and as I said the best players in the world will play better with it than without it because they've already developed all the skills that come from not having it. They've learned the lessons that you learn without it, and so if you give them more information they will become even more dangerous. Does it let people camp more effectively? Yeah, but camping, as we know, is a legitimate strategy.

Edited by Bloody Initiate
  • Like 1

The radar in call of duty is similar, but only shows up when an enemy fires. However there are things you can obtain in the game that make it much more broken then the Halo MT. The black bird or V-Sat makes the game retarded, it displays enemies on the radar no matter what they are doing for a limited time, meaning you can literally play OFF of your motion tracker and own people.

I love the motion tracker in halo and it's always been a part of halo's multiplayer. I HEAVILY rely on it in every game, weather I'm being defensive or offensive. In gametypes where you are deprived on motion tracker it's also fun, as people don't look behind them nearly as much for easy assassinations.

I'd prefer it if the motion trackers were more like COD. Constant picking up an enemy moving on radar makes sneaking up on the enemy and stealthy tactics harder to pull of, although they are more satisfying when you oh I don't know... double assassinate two enemies, pick a binary up off of one of them, then snipe the third enemy who went ahead :troll: . But it's not like the current motion trackers ruin the game. Adapt or die, simple as that.

Oh please. Motion Trackers help eliminate luck and focus the action to be more skill based, and not "lol I got behind you". That's one of the pillars of Halo. Yes, the lack of MT can encourage Teamwork and Com, but not without sacrificing part of Halo. Game works with AND without it depending on the game.

I wish it was completely off rather than allies only. I find it distracting and I really don't think having my team mates on the motion tracker is useful. I can see the tags over their heads.

However halo has always been default tracker on, I believe it is enough to just have a few playlists with it off for those that prefer.

My main wish is for completely off instead of showing allies.