I Don't Get It...

Trifle10

i have been trying many different things in matchmaking and notice that when i use them, they mostly fail, yet when the 2 weapons switch meaning i have their gun and they have mine, they get a successful kill.

if im using a dmr and just firing shots with most of them taking down the enemy's shield and started firing first, how does the enemy get the kill with an assault rifle if they fired later?

1: how does a dmr lose to an assault rifle, despite firing more "seeminly accurate" hits

if im using a needler and started firing needles at the enemy and the enemy has a dmr, how do they get the kill

2: how does a needler lose to a dmr, despite firing more "seeminly accurate" hits

why is it whenever you call in ordnance, you get killed before you can even get a kill. like if you call in a binary rifle after finally reaching a safe point, 1 random enemy comes out of nowhere and manages to kill you right after you get your weapon and firing it without a kill

3: how does the enemy know whenever you call in ordnance that they always manage to beat you before you get a kill

and i dont get grenades and why they do this. whenever i throw plasmas that seem like they should of stuck to the enemy but went right past them, by millimeters, yet when an enemy throws a plasma, its a direct stick

4: how do my grenades penetrate them, yet they get heat seeking hits

and in grifball with the gravity hammer. im at a normal distance where 1 hammer whack where kill the enemy. yet when i do the hammer whack at the same seeminly distance, the enemy gets the kill. its like im confused and im attacking myself

5: how does the enemy hammer always get the kill from the same distance if you stuck first

none of these matches were laggy and we are not including loadouts, just the weapon battles in general. please help me understand how "ice cubes form in heat" (if its hot, you can make ice cubes...ok its not suppose to be that way, but i hope you can understand)

with stuff like this happening, it makes me wonder if playing matchmaking is worth it anymore

The only issue I have that is similar to yours is with the Scattershot. The enemy ALWAYS gets the kill with it. Meanwhile, I try to pick it up and the thing needs 5 shots to kill someone.

If I am using a DMR and someone kills me with an Assault Rifle, I know one of two (or both) things happened.

1. He was close enough towards where the DMR can not kill him fast enough, even with a 5-shot.

2. I missed shots.

Never underestimate someone else's 5-shot. I can see a real competent DMR wasting a Needler real fast. But like I said, I think you would have had to miss some shots/needles.

I don't like Grifball. Too inconsistent, even for a a game as inconsistent as this sobi can't comment.

I would suggest changing your sensitivity and working on your 5-shot. Also, this is common sense but don't take on targets within their range of enagements. You know, Assault Rifles at close-to-midrange, DMRs at long range, yada yada.

If this isn't lag then I feel compelled to give you this kind of advice as it is the only way anyone can really help you out.

• Like 1

but it wasn't lagging i had and issue with one game where it was ctf and it was on ragnrock and nexts thing i know when we were in battle.* warm up intro* 

anyways let me skip that part and move to this we were at the emmy teams base and like they had a distotion feild only at there base so they could attack us but when they came to us we couldn't hit them so it must of been a lag switch some where or we would of been kicking butt so i say the host should be 343 and that way host can't be a god.

Sounds like a lot of bad luck. Just don't let the game get to you, and you'll see you'll stop worrying about these problems. There's probably a logical explanation behind each one of those situations. Like the DMR shots not being headshots, or you not shooting in front of the enemy with the needler, or just swinging a half a second early in grifball. Honestly, when I die and I'm in a raging mood, I'll try to find excuses for what happened, but in the end, it's just bad luck and they get the best of me. I'm not trying to say you're seeing things or making up excuses or anything, because this happens to everybody, just trying to say it's a mental thing a lot of the times, and most of the time it's a pretty legit situation.

fleshback, my sensitivity is set to 10 since thats what ive been playing with for a long time. and also about the "range of engagement", i cant predict when this type of thing will happen since its always random

skummgummigubbe, when i play my usual pc game, it always tend to lag until someone complains and the staff there do a server restart

banehalo, im glad you agree with me

halogeek90, if it was lag, wouldnt there be a connection bar at the end of the scoreboard?

ioniablackbird, what your saying is that the reason 1-4 happened was because of "host advantage". that cant be it. you might as well shoot someone at point blank with a gun and the bullet goes right through them without any bullet holes

banehalo, yes if 343 was host, then no one would have host advantage and everyone can have their shots and plasmas miss

skitzo1041, i try not to let it get to me but when it does i quit from the match and go find another yet in the next match everything either works fine or continues to miss. i love the rest of the game, only matchmaking gets under me. i cant really find out what happened, even if i watch the same clip 50 times.  legit or not, its like accuracy is set to 5%

I don't understand why everyone plays on 10. No wonder you miss shots. You need to be able to keep your crosshair the entirety of a 5shot, which takes a lot of concentration even on lower sensitivities. I HIGHLY recommend you go down to a 4 if you are going to continue to use the DMR.

I feel like your problems are stemming from you missing shots.

• Like 1

fleshback, my sensitivity is set to 10 since thats what ive been playing with for a long time. and also about the "range of engagement", i cant predict when this type of thing will happen since its always random

skummgummigubbe, when i play my usual pc game, it always tend to lag until someone complains and the staff there do a server restart

banehalo, im glad you agree with me

halogeek90, if it was lag, wouldnt there be a connection bar at the end of the scoreboard?

ioniablackbird, what your saying is that the reason 1-4 happened was because of "host advantage". that cant be it. you might as well shoot someone at point blank with a gun and the bullet goes right through them without any bullet holes

banehalo, yes if 343 was host, then no one would have host advantage and everyone can have their shots and plasmas miss

skitzo1041, i try not to let it get to me but when it does i quit from the match and go find another yet in the next match everything either works fine or continues to miss. i love the rest of the game, only matchmaking gets under me. i cant really find out what happened, even if i watch the same clip 50 times.  legit or not, its like accuracy is set to 5%

I getcha. There are a lot of games that I got denied my kills too, probably just lag. Halo 4 doesn't have the best server. I remember back when I played went into a game of Swat, watched 5 bullets hit my enemy's head in theater in slow motion(blood spurting out, head rocking, everything) and they didn't die. So I definitely hear where you're coming from. Well, at least you could finish games. I just constantly backed out of games because I was sick of that crap lol. I seriously think I finished like 1 out of 10 games I joined, unless I had a big group of people to play with. I think I have a better understanding of what you mean now, and well, that's basically THE reason I stopped playing.

why is it whenever you call in ordnance, you get killed before you can even get a kill. like if you call in a binary rifle after finally reaching a safe point, 1 random enemy comes out of nowhere and manages to kill you right after you get your weapon and firing it without a kill 

This lol. Every time I get a power weapon I know my death will be coming very soon, many times before I get to use the weapon. Sometimes it seems like I'm calling in ordinance for the other team lol. Sometimes it just happens and that's the way it goes but it can still make you mad as heck.

I don't understand why everyone plays on 10. No wonder you miss shots. You need to be able to keep your crosshair the entirety of a 5shot, which takes a lot of concentration even on lower sensitivities. I HIGHLY recommend you go down to a 4 if you are going to continue to use the DMR.

because im great with 10 and can instantly turn around to get enemies who might try an assassination. helped me out alot in reach when i used armor lock and all they did was melee me. 4 would be way to slow for me. those who can use the highest sensitivity and can get kills know what their doing and can usually last a little longer than those with sensitivities 5 or under

thank you Skit, glad im not the only one going "insane".

Velgance, i lol'd at that too. its so true. you might as well call in ordnance for the enemies