Team snipers!

probably my BR

I have been hearing this was coming for a long time and very excited to wake up and see it was in the update. I didn't stay up all night to get to play the update but this morning i got one game of team snipers in. Its is straight up barebone snipes. I really like this because it takes away all those power ups this game has to offer. Makes me feel like im playing halo again and you really get to see the maps being played like they should. Let me know what you guys think about iteams snipers. How are all the maps?

just tried it i zoomed in he shot me my sniper kicked 90 degrees into the air and he killed me and i turned off my xbox no thanks xD

Lets be honest not everyone is good with the sniper but if you stay dedicated to that playlist your sniper will improve.

just tried it i zoomed in he shot me my sniper kicked 90 degrees into the air and he killed me and i turned off my xbox no thanks xD

Yeah man i'm not the biggest fan either but most of us are desperate for a new good playlist. The best thing you can get out of it is sniper commendation if you don't already have it. When i played my first game shotty snipers was a option but didn't get picked. Cant wait to see all the shot gun campers LOL :thumbsup:

Lets be honest not everyone is good with the sniper but if you stay dedicated to that playlist your sniper will improve.

Yeah man i'm not the biggest fan either but most of us are desperate for a new good playlist. The best thing you can get out of it is sniper commendation if you don't already have it. When i played my first game shotty snipers was a option but didn't get picked. Cant wait to see all the shot gun campers LOL :thumbsup:

i was 7 and 1 before quiting. lol. Oh wells.

Not been playing it yet but glad to hear that shotty snipes is back, this is the best thing I have heard in a while, that said I still do not like the kick form being shot and it has changed sniping a lot, I guess the moral is never go full zoom unless you have to and when you do get back out of it as soon as possible.

Goin to have to play me some as soon as I get back from work.

Might as well just call it Team Shotties, all you get is Shotty Snipers. The map rotation is terrible (Complex, Vortex, Haven, and Shutout are the only ones I get.) When you play Vortex, expect the whole enemy team to be camping in the middle with a shotgun.

Exile is in there too, but since the Halo community is you know... the Halo community, they instead vote for Haven.

Also played a game in Longbow, hoping for Ragnarok. I enjoyed the game in Longbow, but I feel like if I were making pre-built loadouts I would have given them mobility, because BTB maps just sort of call for it.

Once I finally get it I'm actually excited about the idea of playing snipes in Exile, it would be the one gametype that works in that horrible map. It won't work WELL mind you, but it's still better than BTB Exile.

Definitely feel your pain.

I would have thought Ragnarok would be a garunteed snipes lvl, being as it is one of the best laid out lvl's for the gametype. Surprised to hear that haven has been included!! It seems to defeat the purpose of the game mode.

Well I suppose I will have to give it a good run before I can really make an educated decision on it, although from what is said above my initial joy at the idea of shotty/snipes has been somewhat diminished.

343 has been impressing me as of lately with all the new smaller maps and the new gametypes. 343 is listening to the community, even if it does take them a while.

I love Team Snipers. It has always been a classic playlist throughout all of Halo matchmaking. I'm thrilled to see 343 put Team Snipers back in.

Well first few games of snipers done (and only a few as it was never really a favourite of mine) and I have to say all in all not too bad, I still despise the way your scope kicks when you are shot but that is just a feature of the game so no point whining about it.

Did not find any campy shotty rounds but then again as I said I only played a few, and I also did not see ragnarok at all which was a dissapointment as I for one think it one of the best available lvl's for sniper battles.

All in all its getting a thumbs up from me for now..

Did not find any campy shotty rounds but then again as I said I only played a few

You won't find a lot of campy shotty rounds.

For starters, people who still camp are SUPER stupid, Halo 4 is very much against the traditional camper. You can get your team together in one spot and defend it, but since your whole team is there that gets to avoid the designation of "camping" more often, especially in snipers.

I watched a guy repeatedly try to camp in Haven yesterday, it was pathetic. His first mistake was that he was crouching... in a gametype without the motion tracker. His next was that he wasn't actually hiding from anything! You know the twin pillars in the Haven upper hallways? He was crouching on the outside of those. Not between them, not in the safer alcove between the two pairs of pillars, he was just crouching on the outside... so anyone coming down the halls couldn't help but notice him.

I remember one of the Halo bulletins recently on waypoint talked about how much fun it was to camp. It further cemented the notion that 343 are complete morons, because they design this game to kill campers and then... camp, when they play it. Of course the developers are typically bad at their own games, but 343 gets it rough from me because of the horrible job they did with Halo 4. I don't pretend not to have a bias.

So while you may see people turtling up in the bases in Solace, they're not going to be nearly as effective as they would have been on any other Halo game. Halo 4 just frowns on camping unless you do it with your whole team, then it's "tactical" or something. You can't just watch a corner knowing someone will eventually come around it, because while eventually someone WILL, these are Halo 4 maps and while you're waiting more people will walk in behind you or above you or otherwise at the advantage.

You used to be able to just pick a corner and have a teammate or two do the same thing, but it just doesn't work like that anymore.