Lost all interest in the halo series

Bobo

i have played halo since halo 2. with halo 2 to halo 3 very few things changed like leading your shots and the equipment you pick up like weapons but it kept the same type of gameplay. halo 4 isnt even halo anymore. i dont know how they can begin to call it that. it should be renamed Call of Duty Space edition. you cant even say that every game needs to change from the previous one because NOTHING is the same besides the names of guns and vehicles. dont get me wrong, reach began the down fall of the series but halo 4 took it to a whole other level. the halo feel just isnt there. this ranking system is ridiculous and makes it very easy to get tired of. it is based on nothing other than how much you play. being good at the game doesnt even mean anything anymore. the classes add to this. you can have an advantage over the other players because of your class. you dont start out equal anymore. in the other halos you had a strategy to get the weapons on the map and set up so that you can get them when they respawn. not this one. they dont respawn. you get random ordinance which makes it so people do not have equal opportunity to get power weapons besides at the very beginning. this game also does not discourage leaving in the middle of a game. it gives their team a huge disadvantage. yes it does let other people join games in progress which is another dumb part of this game. it is hard to work with a team when it keeps changing teamates. it took all strategy out of the game. then the weapons like the bolt shot are extremely over powered. contrary to that the br has lost all of its power and the DMR is weapon of choice. the maps in this game are terrible too. they have helped change the type of gameplay. haven is about the only one i can stand.

matchmaking has been ruined and i might as well buy Call of Duty if i want to play that type of gameplay. there needs to be drastic changes to the direction of this series before i ever buy another halo game. im tired of wasting money on atrocious sequels to my favorite games i have ever played

I have played halo since halo 2. With halo 2 to halo 3 very few things changed like leading your shots and the equipment you pick up like weapons but it kept the same type of gameplay.

Halo 4 isnt even halo anymore. I dont know how they can begin to call it that. it should be renamed Call of Duty Space edition. You cant even say that every game needs to change from the previous one because NOTHING is the same besides the names of guns and vehicles. dont get me wrong, Reach began the down fall of the series but Halo 4 took it to a whole other level. The halo feel just isnt there.

This ranking system is ridiculous and makes it very easy to get tired of. it is based on nothing other than how much you play. Being good at the game doesnt even mean anything anymore. The classes add to this. You can have an advantage over the other players because of your class. You dont start out equal anymore. In the other Halos you had a strategy to get the weapons on the map and set up so that you can get them when they respawn. Not this one. They dont respawn. You get random ordinance which makes it so people do not have equal opportunity to get power weapons besides at the very beginning.

This game also does not discourage leaving in the middle of a game. It gives their team a huge disadvantage. Yes, it does let other people join games in progress which is another dumb part of this game. It is hard to work with a team when it keeps changing teamates. It took all strategy out of the game. Then the weapons like the bolt shot are extremely over powered. Contrary to that the BR has lost all of its power and the DMR is weapon of choice. The maps in this game are terrible too. They have helped change the type of gameplay. Haven is about the only one I can stand.

Matchmaking has been ruined and I might as well buy Call of Duty if I want to play that type of gameplay. There needs to be drastic changes to the direction of this series before I ever buy another Halo game. I'm tired of wasting money on atrocious sequels to my favorite games I have ever played.

1: I edited your post in this quote to make it a bit easier to read. I didnt change the content, just put it into more managable paragraphs and added punctuation where needed.

2: I disagree with you with every fiber of my being. I find that Halo 4 has more of a Halo feel than ever before. It is different true, however it is no longer detached from humanity. The characters are more life like than ever before. New issues are being presented which bring up questions of our past, who we are as a person and what our future might bring to the rest of the galaxy.

The multiplayer has issues, that is a given. However I do not believe that they are that drastic. The gameplay is fairly solid and each person has has a fairly good start. No one player is superior to another in the begining of a match. That is because we are able to choose which weapons best fit our playstyle. If you prefer longer range damage people go with the DMR. Better with higher rates of fire? Go with the Carbine. Closer range stuff has its own weapons as well with AR starts. With the mixed bag on each team, the teams themselves are more or less equal.

There also are weapon drops on the game that you can plan for and make stratagies around. Each person has an equal chance at fighting over the random drops on the map. Vehicles are farely well balanced (except the Gauss Hog on Exile). There is tons of tactical choices to make, more than ever before actually. The depth of choices in this game and how they can affect the outcomes of matches is astounding.

"Skillful players" (I use the term loosely) still are able to rock the field of battle. I for one thrive in BTB on Halo 4. I might not score at the top all the time but I am bloody good to have on a team. Knowing when to support other players and with what is more important now than ever before. They are actually encouraging teamwork in this game.

Yes, I think the boltshot needs to be tweeked, but only slightly. Its a great weapon to begin with but yes it does need to be tweeked. In the previous Halo games the BR dominated everything, now your complaining that a new weapon (the DMR) has the lime light? More importantly the BR can tool the DMR closer in and in SWAT on tight maps the BR far outstrips the DMR. It has its uses and still is a very powerful weapon. If anything the Carbine needs a boost.

I personally enjoy the maps in Halo 4 (with the exception of Shatter and Vortex). They are fairly well balanced to me and create opportunities for teams to thrive or be destroyed (depending on which team you are at that given time). Map control is still very important and in the vast majority of the Halo 4 maps you are able to control the flow of battle by taking certain areas (for example on Longbow you take the top middle structure).

I am not particularly sorry that you dont like the game. That is your choice, but that doesnt make Halo 4 a bad game or a "ruined" game. The Halo franchise will continue on in a new direction (one that I think is a good one) that provides an enjoyable experience for all players.

Food for thought: Games will never be tailored to what YOU want them to be. Enjoy what you have for you are lucky to have it in the first place.

i have played halo since halo 2. with halo 2 to halo 3 very few things changed like leading your shots and the equipment you pick up like weapons but it kept the same type of gameplay. halo 4 isnt even halo anymore. i dont know how they can begin to call it that. it should be renamed Call of Duty Space edition. you cant even say that every game needs to change from the previous one because NOTHING is the same besides the names of guns and vehicles. dont get me wrong, reach began the down fall of the series but halo 4 took it to a whole other level. the halo feel just isnt there. this ranking system is ridiculous and makes it very easy to get tired of. it is based on nothing other than how much you play. being good at the game doesnt even mean anything anymore. the classes add to this. you can have an advantage over the other players because of your class. you dont start out equal anymore. in the other halos you had a strategy to get the weapons on the map and set up so that you can get them when they respawn. not this one. they dont respawn. you get random ordinance which makes it so people do not have equal opportunity to get power weapons besides at the very beginning. this game also does not discourage leaving in the middle of a game. it gives their team a huge disadvantage. yes it does let other people join games in progress which is another dumb part of this game. it is hard to work with a team when it keeps changing teamates. it took all strategy out of the game. then the weapons like the bolt shot are extremely over powered. contrary to that the br has lost all of its power and the DMR is weapon of choice. the maps in this game are terrible too. they have helped change the type of gameplay. haven is about the only one i can stand.

matchmaking has been ruined and i might as well buy Call of Duty if i want to play that type of gameplay. there needs to be drastic changes to the direction of this series before i ever buy another halo game. im tired of wasting money on atrocious sequels to my favorite games i have ever played

true we can only hope and wait to see if they return halo to its roots.

It seems they made this game without doing any kind of test, loadout weapons are terrible because theres one that can dominate them all at every level. and secondarys that can kill faster then a primary weapon. W00t

With sprint i beleive beatdowns should just do 1/4 damage because all people do now days is sprint beatdown they even have a perk that encourages this type of play.

Edited by TornadoFlame
  • Like 1

While I agree with every point of the OP, it has been done to death. Yes it's sad, no it's not the Halo we all played and loved and enjoyed taking the time to get better with, yes it has completed the downfall of the series that Reach started that has led to a massive population decline in an insanely short amount of time that has never been seen by any other Halo title, yes it looks like an imcompetent attempt at COD, but it is what it is.

I've watched streams from a couple of folks I know for the new dubs list ..... epically sad, skill level taken down to about 10% of what was originally needed. I won't be participating.

The question is, what do YOU do now? I've pretty much quit. I ONLY play on group nights of the groups that I'm a senior member on where I need to show an example of tolerance with my mic out so I can freely curse the "people" who have wrecked this once awesome MM experience. Outside of that, you'll find my on MW3 or BO2, feel free to hit me up.

1: I edited your post in this quote to make it a bit easier to read. I didnt change the content, just put it into more managable paragraphs and added punctuation where needed.

2: I disagree with you with every fiber of my being. I find that Halo 4 has more of a Halo feel than ever before. It is different true, however it is no longer detached from humanity. The characters are more life like than ever before. New issues are being presented which bring up questions of our past, who we are as a person and what our future might bring to the rest of the galaxy.

The multiplayer has issues, that is a given. However I do not believe that they are that drastic. The gameplay is fairly solid and each person has has a fairly good start. No one player is superior to another in the begining of a match. That is because we are able to choose which weapons best fit our playstyle. If you prefer longer range damage people go with the DMR. Better with higher rates of fire? Go with the Carbine. Closer range stuff has its own weapons as well with AR starts. With the mixed bag on each team, the teams themselves are more or less equal.

There also are weapon drops on the game that you can plan for and make stratagies around. Each person has an equal chance at fighting over the random drops on the map. Vehicles are farely well balanced (except the Gauss Hog on Exile). There is tons of tactical choices to make, more than ever before actually. The depth of choices in this game and how they can affect the outcomes of matches is astounding.

"Skillful players" (I use the term loosely) still are able to rock the field of battle. I for one thrive in BTB on Halo 4. I might not score at the top all the time but I am bloody good to have on a team. Knowing when to support other players and with what is more important now than ever before. They are actually encouraging teamwork in this game.

Yes, I think the boltshot needs to be tweeked, but only slightly. Its a great weapon to begin with but yes it does need to be tweeked. In the previous Halo games the BR dominated everything, now your complaining that a new weapon (the DMR) has the lime light? More importantly the BR can tool the DMR closer in and in SWAT on tight maps the BR far outstrips the DMR. It has its uses and still is a very powerful weapon. If anything the Carbine needs a boost.

I personally enjoy the maps in Halo 4 (with the exception of Shatter and Vortex). They are fairly well balanced to me and create opportunities for teams to thrive or be destroyed (depending on which team you are at that given time). Map control is still very important and in the vast majority of the Halo 4 maps you are able to control the flow of battle by taking certain areas (for example on Longbow you take the top middle structure).

I am not particularly sorry that you dont like the game. That is your choice, but that doesnt make Halo 4 a bad game or a "ruined" game. The Halo franchise will continue on in a new direction (one that I think is a good one) that provides an enjoyable experience for all players.

Food for thought: Games will never be tailored to what YOU want them to be. Enjoy what you have for you are lucky to have it in the first place.

This game only caters to those who like short range and long range combat. Like mid range? To bad, the BR and the Carbine kill slower than the long range gun, the DMR. So might as well use it. The random ordinance is really stupid and should be scrapped imediately, but instead they make people play longer for requisition so they have a better chance of getting rockets than the other guy. The class system wouldn't be so bad if there was actual weapon balance. Right now the game is exceptional for a developers first game and I expect to have my socks knocked out of my house when Halo 5 comes out. Have hope! Changes are imminent and perhaps weapon balance will be one of them.

This game only caters to those who like short range and long range combat. Like mid range? To bad, the BR and the Carbine kill slower than the long range gun, the DMR. So might as well use it. The random ordinance is really stupid and should be scrapped imediately, but instead they make people play longer for requisition so they have a better chance of getting rockets than the other guy. The class system wouldn't be so bad if there was actual weapon balance. Right now the game is exceptional for a developers first game and I expect to have my socks knocked out of my house when Halo 5 comes out. Have hope! Changes are imminent and perhaps weapon balance will be one of them.

Must just be a personal problem as I do fine at any range.

Why not just go and play CoD instead? I'm just saying, there's no need to create an account just for the sole purpose of expressing your opinions about how you don't find Halo 4 to appeal as much as the other tittles. I strongly disagree with you saying that this is basically CoD. There might be a few similarities on some mechanics for the game, but both games are certainly not the same. I found the game to be just as entertaining as the other tittles, and thought that the way how the story continued was fascinating.

Yup i always use a Br and i lose half my fights only because his dmr has a faster kill time, i have films saved where i don't miss but because this game is unbalanced his dmr rocks me at all ranges. i think its silly to have 1 gun that just sets itself apart from the rest. Whats really funny is the only reason this is a issue is because there is custom load outs, had we all started with weapons eqaully and such this wouldn't have been that much of a problem maybe. the weapon balance in the game is terrible i have killed someone with a ar from mid range while they had a Br. I have killed plenty of people with my pistol from Long range while they use a br. I hope Halo 5 is amazing because Its not looking to bright.

I didn't expect to see yet another of these. Think. Has this post possibly been done before? Of course. But, that's not my issue with it. I think that after 343 publicly stated that Halo 4 was far from perfect and feel they should have done better, the least you could do is congratulate them on a job well done for their first Halo game, AND to acknowledge that they are a good developer who admits their faults. With that, my negativity towards you is done. Sorry if it was harsh, but they deserve a bit of nice comment for all that.

You and I both have our opinions but at least I understand where you are coming from. You are a classical Halo vet who doesn't care to understand the deepest fundaments of the new Halo. Don't take that wrong, because I mean that you get excitement from a different aspect of Halo. But you seem to be of the group who wish to have everyone start with a uniform weapon and grenade set. Where weapons lay neat against their walls and in the middle of their rooms for players to claim.

I understand you are a player who enjoys a uniform neatness of a game, yes? You don't like the possibility of a player calling in a rocket or shielding a sniper's bullet, right? I understand that. I am of the mind that those things are exciting. They make you improvise and play a bit smarter to outwit your foe. You like to be on equal footing strafing out of your foes shots while you rush and 4-shot him, yes? Both games have their own exciting skillful moments. So you can't really claim that Halo 3 was the epitome of multiplayer. The differences of skills needed to excel crush the comparison, but the core is the same. Halo 4 is not a bad game. It just takes a few skills different than were needed in Halo 3 to crush the enemy. All the while, your former skills from Halo 3 lie in the core of what you do in Halo 4.

You still strafe those BR bullets and keep your aim right on his face, but you have to use your sprint to your advantage, you have to make sure your AA can help your situation, and you have to ensure that your loadout is set to ensure your maximum chance for survival. Halo 4 is Halo 3 with an added layer of strategical complexity.

A ranking system was not present in Halo 1 yet people claim it was one of the best. All Ranking arguments are never taken into account by me anymore. If you want an argument on that point, you'll have to convince someone that Halo 1's lack of a ranking system still made it...what you would call competitive and fun.

I fully respect your opinion and understand that you do not enjoy the added layer of complexity and uncertainty as to what that Spartan around the corner may have from his Ordnance. I do not look down or up upon you in any way and only wished to explain why I, who started with the first Halo and never complained about one badly, actually enjoy the new Halos. Thank you.

the least you could do is congratulate them on a job well done for their first Halo game, AND to acknowledge that they are a good developer who admits their faults.

Why would he congratulate them on a job well done if he doesn't think they did a good job?

Why should he acknowledge they are a good developer if he hasn't seen evidence to suggest that conclusion?

Your thinking, like the text of your post, is a different color than most peoples'. I don't mean that in the sense that your opinion is a minority opinion, I mean that in the sense that you are talking about deciding to like the game and approve of 343's work before you even consider the game or 343's work.

I don't think 343 is an especially good developer and I don't see a lot of potential. That doesn't mean they're not a good developer and that they don't have potential, it just means I came to a different conlclusion than you did after I saw the evidence. The way you suggest we should just pat them on the back suggests to me that you made your conclusion before you saw the evidence, and you think we should too. You are welcome to form different conclusions than I have.

What I see is a developer who has made two games, one of which (Anniversary) borrowed gigantically from two other titles: The engine from Halo: Reach and the campaign from Halo: CE. That's a coding exercise. That's a class project.

The other game they made (Halo 4) also borrows heavily from lots of other titles (CoD, Crysis, Far Cry, and some Halo too).

I see a company that spends most of its time making knock-offs, which doesn't make them a bad developer, but it doesn't definitively make a good developer either. So why exactly should we admit they did a good job and that they're a good developer, when they haven't actually developed much on their own and they haven't really done such a good job of it either?