Weather Editting?

Sadly Just AL

I do not see why it could not happen. Yes, it would take a lot of work and would probably only be applicable to the "forge worlds". 343i would probably have to completely recreate the textures for each map and make them separate building templates instead of making this "option" in forge world. I do not see there being anything other than just weather though. Combinations of different environmental conditions would be very difficult. So 343i would have to make a "snowy and windy" and a "snowy and not windy" map.

This is something that might seem simple in concept but is very difficult to implement without any error.

Bungie actually were going to put weather, such as fog and rain for example, in Forge World but ran out of time. It wasn't in halo 4 because in a cave and space, there isn't weather and one small map for a huge feature would be pointless.

In terms if visual effects, not too difficult but changing the terrain to desert, grass, snow etc would be.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is something people have been asking for for quite a while. It is a really simple thing to add to the game compared to some of the other features they added to Halo 4's forge, such as real-time lighting. I think the only reason they haven't added it is so they can have something else in the future halo games to get the forging community hyped. I think we can count on seeing this in halo 5! It would drastically change the mood and feel of the map and could present many new opportunities for forging. One idea I have are being is being able to have different types of weather take place at different key moments in the game.

It should be simple effects; rain, wind, sand storm, lightning, fog, etc. But maybe not only selected by the game settings, the "Map Default" should be however the map was created or forged. Again, rain, wind etc. But the effected area can be changes, so I can have a rainy room, a sand storm outside, lightning randomly through the sandstorm.. etc. Good idea with the weather thing :P Im sure theres more than this that can be done.

• Like 2