Should AFK Players Get Booted From Matches?

Trifle10

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should Those Not Playing In MatchMaking Matches Get Booted?

• I Believe That Players Who Are Not Playing Should Get Booted
    • I Believe That Players Who Are Not Playing Should Not Get Booted
    • I Believe I Have No Say On This Matter

how many of you have played a few games and noticed at least 1 of your teammates aren't even playing? at least every 3 of 5 of my team games i played have 1-3 afk players who just stand there and are basically "free kills" for the enemies and my team usually loses all because of those afk players. also, i wonder if our team would of won if those afk players weren't afk at all. after playing COD MW2, i noticed that those afk players got booted after a certain time. i believe that the same concept should be applied to matchmaking.

the concept could be that if a player was stationary without any button input or rotation, they could get booted after about 1 minute.

some of you may spot a flaw with this: an afk player could do a button input such as reload (to not get noticed) so that the booting counter is restarted and the player can resume "being afk".

the idea i have in mind is that if the player isnt moving and getting score points (even assists) they should get booted and hopefully a teammate joins who isnt afk.

one thing to consider, how will the booting counter work if the match is nearing completion.

one other thing your probably thinking "what if that afk player is my in my party or is a friend of mine. this would be useless then"

personally, i believe that afk should be afk in their own game or on the menu, not in matchmaking matches dragging the team

on a final note, some team combinations do just fine with afk players. also, afk players may just be afk so they can rank up

hopefully, this will be implemented in a future update

what does the halo community think about "AFK Players In Matchmaking Matches"

I totally agree with the OP here. What you'll typically here is "just run with a team". Horse apples. Your entire team isn't necessarily going to be on at the same time. There is this little thing called life ya know.

Yes they should booted from the game buttttttt, the reporting mechanism needs to be improved as well. When you go to avoid player, under behavior, they need to list AFC as the reasoning behind this. More than 3 reports, 1 week isp console ban, 3 more equals 1month isp console ban, 3 more equals 6 month isp console ban. 3 more, permament ban with no chance of it being repealed. Ever.

I totally agree with the OP here. What you'll typically here is "just run with a team". Horse apples. Your entire team isn't necessarily going to be on at the same time. There is this little thing called life ya know.

Yes they should booted from the game buttttttt, the reporting mechanism needs to be improved as well. When you go to avoid player, under behavior, they need to list AFC as the reasoning behind this. More than 3 reports, 1 week isp console ban, 3 more equals 1month isp console ban, 3 more equals 6 month isp console ban. 3 more, permament ban with no chance of it being repealed. Ever.

Permanent bans should not be applied to minor things like this. There is nothing wrong with month long bans though.

Permanent bans should not be applied to minor things like this. There is nothing wrong with month long bans though.

I disagree. It's doing 2 things that are against the CoC. 1) You're being a ****** to your team mates. 2) You're boosting.

It should definitely be a permanently banable offense.

I think they should get booted like in CoD. I don't think if you don't pick a loud out it spawns you with your first one. You should actually have to pick it and if you go 2-3 minutes without picking one then it kicks you from the game. Hate having AFKers when I'm trying to win Dominion matches and it's technically a 6v3-4 cause half my team isn't playing.

If I'm AFK I want the game to boot me, I don't want my spartan to stand their helplessly screwing up my team. At the very least he's free points to their score, and at the very worst they design a spawn trap based on him. Boot me if I'm AFK, and deduct 3000 experience from my total for quitting a game. If something was important enough for me to just drop the controller, I don't care, or if there was lag keeping me from playing, I don't care. Boot me and penalize me as if I quit.

I have differing opinions on the OP I suppose,

1. Yes AFk players should be booted after say 70 seconds of no action.

2. No bans or other penalties should be implemented. They get a loss on their stats and are removed.

3. Making someone select a loadout before they spawn, rather than auto spawn might be a very good idea. You could still have no.1 in place.

At the end of the day it only really matters in Objective games like CTF.. In BTB, Slayer it aint the end of the world. so it has never really been an issue for me, honestly people talk of boosting yet in reality what the hell is there to boost for, I mean yeahhh I get to SR130 faster then guess what THATS IT!!!

This is pretty much a no brainer, eh? AFK player's piss me off... and even when I go AFK I wish the game would boot me after a couple minutes.

The worst is when you have a player with 1 or two guests, with only the main profile actually playing. So you have 1 guy playing, and 2 useless cyborgs standing around getting killed.

If your friends/siblings leave mid game, then quit!!! Oi vei.