When are true ranks coming back?!

x SNIFFLEZ x

So.... I'm just wondering. WHERE ARE THE RANKS!!!!! I'm sorry but its pathetic that there is no competitiveness in halo 4 AT ALL. Yea sure they threw in the infinity challenge.. COOL BRO. Too bad infinity challenge only relies on how much you play and not based on true skill. INB4 all of you social playlist players come and try to rip me apart because you can't handle high skill leveled play. Halo 1 and Halo 2 were undoubtedly the BEST multiplayered halos to date. You know why? Becaase they had a large following for competitive players and incredible ranking systems(Halo 2) that was simple and to the point. If you won three games you would rank up and if you lost 4 games you would rank down to the previous rank. It was that simple! That is all you need!

Hours and hours were spent desperately trying to get to the next rank and it was the scariest feeling to go into matchmaking with a level 40 knowing that if you lost the game you would go down to level 39. You would most likely be depressed for the rest of the day. No game today gives you that overwhelming feeling as halo 2's matchmaking system did and ACTUALLY GAVE YOU SOMETHING TO PLAY FOR. The only thing you play for now is what..130 spartan rank? Yea that's cool.. considering I already maxed out 4 weeks after the game was released.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure 343 is in the works for some possible updates and what not, but what I don't understand is why they didn't ship a true ranking system with the FULL GAME. I'm sorry but that is very poor planning on their part. They have lost close to half of their community since the first week of release because it turned out a flop. HALO IS MEANT TO BE COMPETITIVE, NOT ANOTHER CALL OF DUTY.

343 I'm being sincere when I say this but please get it together because the community outcry will only last so long until you lose a lot of your fan base. You guys are tending to only the social player and not the competitive player what so ever. If there is anyone who can prove me wrong and tell me there is any sort of competitiveness in halo 4 at all, please go ahead and enlighten me, because as of now HALO 4 is DEAD.

Please 343, save Halo like you promised to do.

How many people are honestly blind to this fact, that they already use something in the background? The only thing they are going to do is put a number value to it, which that being said will also ONLY be displayed on Halo Way Point (NOT IN GAME).

To change this in game would be a massive overhaul of so many different loading screens within Halo 4. Way to many man hours, and maybe something they'd change in Halo 5, but I don't see this happening in Halo 4, you're talking about thousands of dollars in man hours to change and retest just visuals.

You'll have a range in Halo Way point which I still don't think will show much about the player, as it will be K/D or something else based. It's been so long since they've used W/L as a factor in ranks, I just dont see it happen.

Where is my proof they have this already in play? Do you guys not play Inf. Slayer (not being team) just Inf. Slayer. When you play with a good team, you generally cross another good team. If you have a bad players on your team, you will cross more bad players. If you bring a group into the game, they generally do a good job at matching similiar abilities. I find going solo into Inf. Slayer I have good matches just about everytime. Again, this is about the only gametype a ranking system would make sense in as objective games, it's almost impossible to build a mathematical breakdown on who is the better player in OBJ games.

I just want to know OP if you realize Halo CE had no ranking system until the Anniversary edition came out (I think it had one in there, didnt play it though)...

A ranking system does not mean more skillful playing. It just means more e-peen wars for most people with visible ranking systems.

In all honesty you can find skilled gameplay in any playlist, but it is up to you to enjoy it. Nobody can force you to.

Now then, I am not knocking your opinion, as clearly you are entitled to it. But as was said previously they do have a ranking system in the game that pairs you with people around your own skill level. You just do not see it.

The problem with the "background" skill ranking system is that forces folks to run together that have different mentalities playing in the game. That's purely BK. Seperate ranked and social lists is the way to go.

Umm everybody has different mentalities even with seperate lists... Everybodies priority is to make the game best for themselves so it doesnt improve or encourage teamwork. Its just a digital number that you can see. People will play the game any way they want, within the confines of the games mechanics of course. A ranked list wont change that...

Umm everybody has different mentalities even with seperate lists... Everybodies priority is to make the game best for themselves so it doesnt improve or encourage teamwork. Its just a digital number that you can see. People will play the game any way they want, within the confines of the games mechanics of course. A ranked list wont change that...

I decidedly disagree.

i heard something about the rank only being shown on waypoint not sure how true it is

This has been confirmed a few times by now

I decidedly disagree.

I would have to agree to your disagree. You put 2 players in a game that might appear higher in rank because they are only slayers, but suck at OBJ their ranks will be lowered. Same goes with all OBJ players and no slayer, they won't be able to pass a level, but if they get carried they'll drop again.

This is the same player from H3 that got their 50 by accident and never played it again.

i disagree. in halo 3 ranked everyone had a mic and was calling out, now your lucky after 5 games to find those teammates. Most people in halo 3 when they were dieing alot lets saying 3-15 Would realize they are dieing and play more defensive In this game they didn't wanna have a chance at going down, no one cares now .everyone just runs around doing w/e they want not worrying about the most important part which is Winning. A digital number is the only way to revive and bring back the competitiveness of winning and using mics. i don't know how people can enjoy such a winless enviroment with no mics or incentive.

For all of you saying there is a trueskill system hidden in the game.

Maybe there is a hidden trueskill system but it sure as hell doesn't work, I have almost 1.9 k/d and 80% games won. Now that wouldn't happen if there were a trueskill system in the game. I really don't enjoy Halo 4 because I go online, play maybe 10-15 games and sometimes win them all without any challenge, it gets boring very quickly. I don't enjoy it and the people I am matched up against most likely don't enjoy it either.

I agree with everything the creator of this topic said, because 1-50 system gives you 3 things

1. Fair matches that everyone will enjoy

2. A reason to improve yourself at the game

3. Adds so much depth to the game and rewarding feeling when you win and rank up.

People who were not there to experience the GLORY DAYS of Halo should stay out of this topic because it's like saying walking on your toes is better then using shoes when you have never worn shoes

• Like 2

Maybe there is a hidden trueskill system but it sure as hell doesn't work, I have almost 1.9 k/d and 80% games won. Now that wouldn't happen if there were a trueskill system in the game. I really don't enjoy Halo 4 because I go online, play maybe 10-15 games and sometimes win them all without any challenge, it gets boring very quickly. I don't enjoy it and the people I am matched up against most likely don't enjoy it either.

I agree with everything the creator of this topic said, because 1-50 system gives you 3 things

3. Adds so much depth to the game and rewarding feeling when you win and rank up.

People who were not there to experience the GLORY DAYS of Halo should stay out of this topic because it's like saying walking on your toes is better then using shoes when you have never worn shoes

I agree entirely also there was something nice about knowing how good your opponents really were, the challenge of trying to beat a better player was something that drove you to improve.

The ranking system they talk of will not even be visible in game and since the system clearly does not work at all this is the same as CoD in the fairness category. I just located the 343 motto '' If it aint broke we can break it ''

This has been confirmed a few times by now

I would have to agree to your disagree. You put 2 players in a game that might appear higher in rank because they are only slayers, but suck at OBJ their ranks will be lowered. Same goes with all OBJ players and no slayer, they won't be able to pass a level, but if they get carried they'll drop again.

This is the same player from H3 that got their 50 by accident and never played it again.

Different playlists, aka Social and Ranked = Higher retained online population. That's not speculation, that's a pure fact.

I said in my post, this only works on Inf Slayer. I can't go into an Inf. Slayer game solo without finding a good match. When I play with friends that are bad, yes the games become easier, when I play with better friends it becomes harder.

Oddball games I can win with randoms all day.

if its any crap like halotracker i will pass.... i was a 45 on halo 3 and it says on that im a 26. LOL yeah i don't think so. it would make so much more sense to put it into the game and make playlists around it. don't underestimate someone by there stats SMH @ halo tracker

An invisible rank is like no rank at all in many ways, and the lack of both social and ranked playlists makes them even worse.

Personally I loved the H2 and H3 systems they were simple and made people care for winning more than anything else, its a pity 343 failed to see one of the main things that made Halo great.

The background system if active is no good at matching players of similar skill, actually it must be working in reverse based on what I have experienced.

The visible ranks were great you got to see the skill of the players you were up against and that brought an edge to things.

I cannot undestand why people are against ranking systems and ranked/social playlists maybe they are new to Halo and missed its hayday or maybe they were more CoD fans but playing this game the current SR rank seems pointless to me personally, its inevitable that everyone wil eventually reach SR130 so its meaningless.

Sadly H4 is never going to have a decent or visible ranking system so all we can hope is they learn for H5 and do not make the same mistake