Automatic Guns Challenges

Taffenaff

Am I the only one who thinks that there are way to many automatic weapons challenges? Today there are Three of those: Kill 13 in a single match (2450 xp) and a weekly kill 15 in a single match (6250 xp) and Waypoint weekly kill 200 with'em (7000 xp) And no BR/DMR challenges

It's like: You want more XP? Well use this easy weapon.

Not only do they who try this challenge have it easier to kill. But they get more XP too. But if they fail, they start over in the next game

In my experience. It's at least twice as many Automatic challenges then BR or DMR challenges.

So I ask you 343i. Not to take them away (unfortunetly) but can you have less Automatic challenges?

Or maybe I play Halo 4 on the wrong days, then this topic can go shove an AR up it's @**

I think I see your point albeit poorly written and constructed. You come off sounding whiny and incompetent when real thoughtful responses could've been attained. It's hard not to post something that just makes fun of you for how you came off. But here goes nothing.

(Before I get to that, scrub friendly? Was there a point to your remark or do you just get your jollies bashing games on fan forums? Seriously what is it with people like this...)

I find the challenges to be a welcome change. I made an all around new Loadout that supports team play with an AR. It is as follows.

Assault Rifle

Magnum

Frag Grenade

Regeneration Shield

Resupply

Explosives

This is much different than the mid range precision 90% of players run with. I like it because I can implement this on big team battle.

The massive teams that people have make for some easy kills as they are often too distracted. Personally? I hate the Storm Rifle, Suppresor, and the AR is OKAY at best. But now with the grenades added and the regen shield I can support teammates with a mid to close range offensive and set up choke points. It's a welcome change of pace.

Just because the challenges aren't tailored to your play style doesn't mean they are bad or too numerous. It should be a blessing that simply enjoying the game is enough to unlock these challenges. So why the complaint? I get it. You probably don't like the weapon. But that doesn't mean it's bad or "scrub friendly" or that there's too many similar challenges.

Also, the game has been out two months. I'm sure there's a whole laundry list of challenges awaiting and new ones to be added. So I can't really see where this is too overwhelming?

That's just my opinion. Neither one of us are really wrong because our opinions differ. Just thought I'd say how I feel on the other side of the coin.

And also as a side bar, when posts are written like rants you get less attention and a lot more hostile feedback. Try explaining your views from a sort of middle ground if you want better replies. Just some friendly advice for future posts. That's my personal experience anyway.

Have a good one.

• Like 4

Oh no you mean your not completing challenges? What ever shall we do?

Seriously the challenges are optional. You dont have to do them. Use your DMR or BR and stop crying about it. The only "scrub" I see here (I really really hate the name calling) is you comming on here crying about it. People use whatever weapon they are comfortable with. Get over your ego.

• Like 1

I find these types of challenges are great, and only promote weapon diversity. I find it more challenging to use a Suppresor or Assault Rifle, than a DMR or BR. Seriously, the bullet magnetism on the DMR is insane! It's so easy to use. Anyone who actually think it takes skill to use the DMR is kidding themselves.

• Like 2

I find these types of challenges are great, and only promote weapon diversity. I find it more challenging to use a Suppresor or Assault Rifle, than a DMR or BR. Seriously, the bullet magnetism on the DMR is insane! It's so easy to use. Anyone who actually think it takes skill to use the DMR is kidding themselves.

Agreed, wholeheartedly.

If people want to use the DMR, I see no issue with that. But to call oneself a "pro" because you can put five shots into someone and score a kill from half-way across the map is a bit... :rolleyes:

That's hardly skill in my book. Coming out on top of an AR duel is similarly not that skillful of a feat, but I think it does require just a little bit more savvy on the part of the player than hiding behind at the edge of the map with a miniature, highly-accurate and semi-automatic sniper clutched to your chest. At least with auto's, you have to actually get within striking distance of the opponent, putting yourself in real danger to achieve the kill.

That's not to say I hate the DMR. I actually like using the DMR, but I acknowledge that it's unbalanced and in need of serious alterations.

If they made the DMR an actual DESIGNATED MARKSMAN RIFLE by toning down the rof or adding a significant amount of bloom/recoil, while scaling up the damage a bit (4-shot, maybe?), then I would consider the mid-long range kill as a little more "skillful"; it's supposed to be a HIGH-POWERED rifle, and it should behave as such. With a lowered rof+bloom/recoil and a small damage boost, then it would dominate at long-range, but be utterly useless at CQC, which it should be.

But all skill-rants aside, seriously, just use what you enjoy. Using one gun or the other doesn't make you a "scrub" either way. As long as you're having fun.

And like Jet said, if you don't like the challenges, then don't attempt them.

Pretty simple. lol

I hate the automatic weapon challenges, but for different reasons.

First off, they don't work. I got the 13-in-a-game one from a game where I only got 9 kills with the designated weapon. My 15-in-a-game one then froze at 13/15 kills and I couldn't get it, even though I had multiple games with more than 15 AR kills.

When they DO work, they work wrong. I have never received one of these challenges when I actually earned it. It always gives me the challenge after a game where I failed to meet its requirements.

Finally, I feel like these challenges have the "in a single match" much more often than the headshot challenge. That bothers me because frankly I've become paranoid about Halo 4 because they designed it with so many traps (I've complained plenty about those elsewhere). I see these automatic weapon challenges and I suspect 343 is trying to get players to play worse. I had a good time in some of my games going for these challenges, but damn were there a lot of times where my weapon got me killed.

The waypoint challenge (200 kills) worked fine for me btw, took awhile but it worked. The "in a single match" ones are the ones that I have literally NEVER earned them when I've received them. I would have earned eventually today because I did some nice work withy AR, but I gained the one and froze the other well before I actually earned either.

I hate the automatic weapon challenges, but for different reasons.

First off, they don't work. I got the 13-in-a-game one from a game where I only got 9 kills with the designated weapon. My 15-in-a-game one then froze at 13/15 kills and I couldn't get it, even though I had multiple games with more than 15 AR kills.

When they DO work, they work wrong. I have never received one of these challenges when I actually earned it. It always gives me the challenge after a game where I failed to meet its requirements.

Finally, I feel like these challenges have the "in a single match" much more often than the headshot challenge. That bothers me because frankly I've become paranoid about Halo 4 because they designed it with so many traps (I've complained plenty about those elsewhere). I see these automatic weapon challenges and I suspect 343 is trying to get players to play worse. I had a good time in some of my games going for these challenges, but damn were there a lot of times where my weapon got me killed.

The waypoint challenge (200 kills) worked fine for me btw, took awhile but it worked. The "in a single match" ones are the ones that I have literally NEVER earned them when I've received them. I would have earned eventually today because I did some nice work withy AR, but I gained the one and froze the other well before I actually earned either.

Same thing happened to me. Challenges froze at 13/15. Second go around though. I'd already completed it once.

Overall I didn't mind. It's always fun to do something different. Like the splatter master I just got tonight. THAT was hard. Now I'm going for UNSC ordinance mastery. Always fun to change the pace. Like with these challenges.

If they made the DMR an actual DESIGNATED MARKSMAN RIFLE by toning down the rof or adding a significant amount of bloom/recoil, while scaling up the damage a bit (4-shot, maybe?), then I would consider the mid-long range kill as a little more "skillful"; it's supposed to be a HIGH-POWERED rifle, and it should behave as such. With a lowered rof+bloom/recoil and a small damage boost, then it would dominate at long-range, but be utterly useless at CQC, which it should be.

Perhaps something like the Binary Rifle? Where the reticule is really big and imprecise while carrying normally, but becomes a lot smaller and more accurate while zoomed in?

Perhaps something like the Binary Rifle? Where the reticule is really big and imprecise while carrying normally, but becomes a lot smaller and more accurate while zoomed in?

Now that's an idea! Even implemented alone, that change would make the DMR feel more like a long-ranged rifle.

Excellent idea, Red. :)

• Like 1

I'm new to this game, and I've been rushed by assault rifle users when I'm equipped with the dmr. I am now using a tactic that confuses them and works 70% of the time with ppl who are running towards me.

Just run back and strafe left, right left right, and be sure that you begin to run back the INSTANT you see someone in medium range when they turn a corner. The strafing will make them miss enough for you to get your 4 to 5 head shots before they shoot you dead, and the running back makes them TRY to melee you when they panic, but they're out of range. The strafing left and right every 1/3 to 1/2 second also makes it a little tougher for them to land a plasma on you.

That's my advice, and it works often enough that I still do it.

This maybe a bit of a stretch of the imagination, but I always figured weapons were made with less recoil and more precision in Halo because the developers were taking into account it was a Spartan super-soldier using the weapon and not some random marine. Of course they would have more strength and control. But like I said, that is probably stretching it.

This maybe a bit of a stretch of the imagination, but I always figured weapons were made with less recoil and more precision in Halo because the developers were taking into account it was a Spartan super-soldier using the weapon and not some random marine. Of course they would have more strength and control. But like I said, that is probably stretching it.

You're not stretching it. I hated how the chief couldn't control the recoil on the SMGs in Halo 2. I thought it was pathetic. Halo did not begin as a game with significant recoil on weapons. Why they decided to go that way I'll never know, it's just one of many many tons of things that they changed drastically even though it always worked before and no one complained. To be fair though that isn't a Halo 4 change, it's a Halo 2 and later a Reach change.

It was also one of the best things about Halo. Everything stayed smooth, you were a super soldier, you didn't slow down to fire your weapon and you didn't have to take breaks to keep it under control. You could flip a tank, so why would you struggle to control a couple crappy submachine guns?

Also, the game has been out two months. I'm sure there's a whole laundry list of challenges awaiting and new ones to be added. So I can't really see where this is too overwhelming?

Considering we have seen many challenges repeated... Even back to back. I really doubt this.