Title Updated Confirmed

Dean PHD

The Halo: Reach Title Update will add more options and flexibility to Halo: Reach's Multiplayer. It will roll out in late September and gives 343 designers the following levers to create game variants in Matchmaking playlists. Of course while all of these features can be enabled via Matchmaking playlists, players should remember that 'normal' Reach gameplay can and will continue untouched in its own Matchmaking playlists. The features and elements listed here are tools available to us and will be used and implemented appropriately.

News on the timing of the Title Update release will be revealed at the Halo: Anniversary panel at 10 am on the 26th of August during Halo Fest.

Specifics:

Make damage bleed to health through shields possible.

Make reticle bloom configurable.

Modify Armor Lock.

• Sticky grenade will not be nullified if you use Armor Lock after being stuck.

• Damage received while in Armor Lock is transferred to remaining Armor Ability energy.

• How much the damage depletes your Armor Lock energy is configurable.

Modify Active Camo.

• Reduce the bonus time the player gets in Active Camo while standing still.

• Reduce the overall length of time the player can be in Active Camo.

Remove Sword block.

• Disable the ability to block Sword attacks using melee with anything other than another Sword.

Implement the classic Magnum from Halo: CE.

Enable playing Co-Op Campaign and Firefight without requiring a HDD.

-Taken from HaloWaypoint

Written by BS Angel

The Halo: Reach Title Update will add more options and flexibility to Halo: Reach's Multiplayer. It will roll out in late September and gives 343 designers the following levers to create game variants in Matchmaking playlists. Of course while all of these features can be enabled via Matchmaking playlists, players should remember that 'normal' Reach gameplay can and will continue untouched in its own Matchmaking playlists. The features and elements listed here are tools available to us and will be used and implemented appropriately.

News on the timing of the Title Update release will be revealed at the Halo: Anniversary panel at 10 am on the 26th of August during Halo Fest.

Specifics:

Make damage bleed to health through shields possible.

Make reticle bloom configurable.

Modify Armor Lock.

• Damage received while in Armor Lock is transferred to remaining Armor Ability energy.

• How much the damage depletes your Armor Lock energy is configurable.

Modify Active Camo.

• Reduce the bonus time the player gets in Active Camo while standing still.

• Reduce the overall length of time the player can be in Active Camo.

Remove Sword block.

• Disable the ability to block Sword attacks using melee with anything other than another Sword.

Implement the classic Magnum from Halo: CE.

Enable playing Co-Op Campaign and Firefight without requiring a HDD.

-Taken from HaloWaypoint

Written by BS Angel

Seriously i love 343... finally they are doing something to clean up bungies mess.
  • Like 1

While these things seem real nice upfront, I am just concerned about the HDD space we are gonna have to sacrafice for it. Adding new components like weapons to the game is gonna be a hefty size alone. Can we get a confirm on size for this update? cause if I estimate based on what I know of the file structure and the size these assets even in a compressed form are.... the TU could be 1gig or more.

removing bloom will still keep bullet spread BTW. the only thing its missing now(i dont really mind though) is making hologram better.

There is no more bullet spread, check out the video's, the guy in it has every shot perfect, no bloom = no spread. And Hologram has changed, its been toned down, shortened its activation time and stuff

• Like 1

Nope, blooms gone in general for all weapons in the playlist from what i can tell, but a 3 shot no bloom magnum should really help against sword wielders, i'll just have to remember to keep one handy now lol

I hope you do not spawn with the magnum,

then every other weapon would be useless.

And in the gameplay video it was only the magnum and dmr that had lost bloom.

Its merely a presumption since bloom is now modifiable, if you set it to no bloom, shouldn't that apply for every weapon rather than specific ones? and as for spawning with a magnum, i dare say you will when its the basic slayer gametype, magnum and AR start, it should speed up the game a little now though

• Like 1

As long as there are playlists with mechanics like they have now. I don't feel they're overpowered I think they could definetly counter all of them easily, armor lock was amazing getting stickies thrown off you was so much fun. I get people are complaining and they could make changes, but this seems drastic. I'm happy about bleed through mostly though. As long as I can keep playing like I am now I'll be happy, and would like to try new mechanics too, just not be forced to use them. Also the assault rifle needs a tune up I would never use it anymore it's terrible now.

this is my only problem. what do you mean its not nullified? if you mean it doesnt pop-off when you go into armor lock i can respect that. but if this means that when i get stuck and i hit armor lock and the grenade still kills me instead of armor lock taking the damage then this is bull****.

• Like 1

this is my only problem. what do you mean its not nullified? if you mean it doesnt pop-off when you go into armor lock i can respect that. but if this means that when i get stuck and i hit armor lock and the grenade still kills me instead of armor lock taking the damage then this is bull****.

I'll tell ya what the real bull**** is; The fact that Armor Lock even exists...

• Like 1