Huge Expectations for Halo 5

Achal

Halo 4 seemed rushed at times. The Didact's face was revealed much too early. We've been wondering what the Forerunners look like for a very long time, and then they just show up and that's what they look like. Yeah it was interesting but not what I imagined at the end of Halo 3.

More nostalgia. In the first trilogy, there was always little hints to the previous games. Installation 04's Control Room in Halo 3 was my favorite. But in Halo 4, there was only the Space Monks theme (which I greatly appreciated). But I want more. Mention some events that happened in the previous games. Give us a good reminding quote. More cameos.

And that brings me to my next topic which asks where did everyone go? I've been looking forward to finding out about Jun, Lord Hood, Arbiter, and the rest of the characters. You didn't show us anything.

Also we need more mystery. Give us more questions to think about. Halo 3's terminals gave me that feeling, that the story was a lot larger than what we saw in the cutscenes. Don't give us any answers.

I was hoping Chief would be alone on Requiem. That was my imagining of it. Him and Cortana exploring the massive planet and unearthing mysteries. The Infinity coming in to save the day ruined it for me.

I miss Halo 2's gritty feeling by the way. Just saying.

So yeah this is all.

• 3 weeks later...

I think 343 should re-add the flood in the campaign but make it a lot more gruesome.like in halo 3 how there were different classes and u had to destroy the corpses as to not allow them to revive.343 should make there be some faulty prometheans that can get infected with warped versions of there weapons. Andrew del rio should get infected but have a really slow infection where half the time he is still in control of his body but a gravemind starts to form. As master chief is battling andrew del gravemind chiefs long lost ally and friend the arbiter helps with defeating the gravemind. also, for the coop missions i didn't like it how there were 2 chiefs and it could only be a 2 person split screen. that's all i can come up with. i hope 343 can expand on some of my ideas.

I think 343 should re-add the flood in the campaign but make it a lot more gruesome.like in halo 3 how there were different classes and u had to destroy the corpses as to not allow them to revive.343 should make there be some faulty prometheans that can get infected with warped versions of there weapons. Andrew del rio should get infected but have a really slow infection where half the time he is still in control of his body but a gravemind starts to form. As master chief is battling andrew del gravemind chiefs long lost ally and friend the arbiter helps with defeating the gravemind. also, for the coop missions i didn't like it how there were 2 chiefs and it could only be a 2 person split screen. that's all i can come up with. i hope 343 can expand on some of my ideas.

Was this a troll? Andrew Del Gravemind? Lmao. Seriously? That is faulty storytelling at its worst. That is not how Flood work, Prometheans would never get infected as they aren't symbiotic...? (Wtf?) The Arbiter was a tool and I'm glad to see him gone. I hated being forced to play as that moron in 2 (and coop 3, just my opinion). Multiple Chiefs is a throwback to Halo 1. Halo CE is how the multiChiefs worked.

Everything you just said HURT MY BRAIN to read... I'm all about fan fiction and thinking up new zany ideas but ZERO thought was put into this... It literally just makes less sense than a triceratops riding a dirt bike. At no point did your theories match any storyline in the 8 Halo games that have been produced to date, nor any of the books.

Has to be a troll... Lol. Good one bro.

I was hoping Chief would be alone on Requiem. That was my imagining of it. Him and Cortana exploring the massive planet and unearthing mysteries. The Infinity coming in to save the day ruined it for me.

You can't unearth mysteries, when you aren't on Earth. ;)

Anyways if Halo 4 wasn't what you expected, you better start lowering your expectations drastically or you are going to disappoint yourself again.

Halo 4 was an outstanding campaign. The MC finally has a worthy adversary to go head to head with and that he is (basically) overmatched against.

On top of that the writing is so superb that we are dealing with an enemy that, many years in the past, devolved humanities ancestors even further showing what type of enemy we are facing.

I feel this series will be outstanding and answer many questions about humanity and it's roots and the Forerunners and their history. For three games (and more actually) we read/saw this/that about the Forerunners and now we finally have a chance to see them in action. This game was an A+ in my book.

• Like 1

Jun is Dead, Lord Hood isn't in this because they aren't going to put every old character in the game, wouldn't make ANY sense whatsoever. If the Master Chief was stuck on Requiem then what would be the point of fighting the Forerunners. Remember he wouldnt have been able to get anywhere without the transport he got from the Infinity, and right at the end, they needed the Infinity to help blast an entrance for the Master chief....

They thought Halo 4's Campaign out VERY well, and this is coming from somebody who has read all the books, played all the games the day they came out and follows the Halo story with a passion...

hm i do hope the arbiter and good covies come back in the game

also they should have a new covenant race in that match the elites

and i know this is weird but they should make more space battles in the next halo that you have to participate in and that would show how much the unsc has upgraded its ships and after getting forunner and promethean tech

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

hm i do hope the arbiter and good covies come back in the game

also they should have a new covenant race in that match the elites

and i know this is weird but they should make more space battles in the next halo that you have to participate in and that would show how much the unsc has upgraded its ships and after getting forunner and promethean tech

I can't really picture the return of the arbiter other then getting revenge on jul for the attempted assassination.

The elite have always been the superior units in the covenant forces and i don't see that changing anytime soon.

What i want from Halo 5 is to discover precursor technology being that the forerunner tech was tier 1 imagine what the precursors had being a tier 0 race.

The campaign in halo 4 was amazing i'v grown up with the game and i love the emotional twist with the death of Cortana. Can't wait for the campaign of H5 hopefully we will get to see a side of chief that we haven't seen before