SPOILER: The Didact's Speech

TheNasalKnight

• 3 weeks later...

He fell into a slip space portal, so he is wherever that leads to.

That doesnt really make much sense. Why would a slipspace portal even be open at that time considering his ship/Composer was stationed over and attempting to compose Earth. There really would be no reason for a portal to be open. Did I miss something in the game where they said he fell into one or are you assuming?

That doesnt really make much sense. Why would a slipspace portal even be open at that time considering his ship/Composer was stationed over and attempting to compose Earth. There really would be no reason for a portal to be open. Did I miss something in the game where they said he fell into one or are you assuming?

Its said in the mission that a slip-space portal is powering the composer, and we see him fall into it.

Its said in the mission that a slip-space portal is powering the composer, and we see him fall into it.

Ah ok thank you. I was confused there because it didn't really seem necesarry for the Didact to even have an active portal up. This does raise another question, how did the Didact survive falling into that portal. His armor must be astounding to say the least and be rated for (as MC would say) slipspace travel.

Begs the question (off topic) if he would next go to a non inhabited Halo ring and attempt to set them all off. I say this because you really wouldnt think he would have many military pieces at his disposal.

You know when you go on the mega grav-lift thing that brings you to the Didact. Cortana mentions that a large slip space rupture is opening up under the Composer.

Ah ok thank you. I was confused there because it didn't really seem necesarry for the Didact to even have an active portal up. This does raise another question, how did the Didact survive falling into that portal. His armor must be astounding to say the least and be rated for (as MC would say) slipspace travel.

Begs the question (off topic) if he would next go to a non inhabited Halo ring and attempt to set them all off. I say this because you really wouldnt think he would have many military pieces at his disposal.

Well from Spartan Ops

Jul has the soul of a Promethean from New Phoenix, so they know how to get them. New Phoenix would probably have a huge population considering it is 1.5 million today. So I'm thinking that through the combined efforts of the covenant and the Didact a giant Promethean army would be made, and seeing how the humans perform, it would only be logical to design new forms of Prometheans to combat them.

Your off-topic question is pretty silly. The ring would kill him if he set it off. He's not suicidal.