No Bloom, Yes. Now minus Armor lock and I am all yours 343 ;)

Mills3y

No Bloom, YES! Now minus AL and I'm all yours.  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Should Armor Lock Go?

So it's better to stick around and go 2 on 1 and get owned, than swallow your pride and retreat in hopes to become victorious on the next meeting? Wow. Makes sense to me.

Exacly now you see my point. Why should he be able to delay his death, only for his team to come and rescue him? WHy should i stick around and get owned when he was getting owned in the first place?

Plus you cant deny the huge amount of advantages armour lock has

Wrong. the BR did have a bullet spread and it was not hitscan. The error angle and spread was set to .02 under the tag data, and the velocity of the projectile was set to initial velocity 1200 and max 1200, IIRC. The bullet spread was minimal, but noticable to a sharp shooter with it at long range. Which is why 50% of the time a full 3 shot burst would have only 2 of the projectiles hit the target. Which of coarse noone paid attention to due to the extreme velocity of the projectiles and the fact that they imitated hitscan.

As for your argument of luck, luck as defined in this sense is: "The chance happening of fortunate or adverse events; fortune"

Luck is how people explain happenings without a direct at the moment explanation. When in fact, the "luck" you supposedly had was just a chain of events that played out and snowballed onto another action or reaction, without your prior or current knowledge. For real luck, or randomness to happen, a completely unlimited amount of choices and variables have to be present that could effect the end result in any way shape or form. In a game, luck, chance and random is not real. There are set rules, variables and a limited number of each. This defeats the purpose of true random or luck happenings.

If you are going to go and attack my friend Goon for his on point actual facts about a statement made by someone, you will have to go through me first!

And thanks for the info Goon. Sounds like it might be a blast. Definatly gonna play thru a few rounds with my son on friday. Who knows, I might see you there! :thumbsup:

Halo 3 had noticable BR spread, Halo 2 BR did not. Had why are you writing me all this luck wikipedia bull****? When you spam someone with the DMR, and you get a headshot you wouldn't have if the spread and bloom were not in the game, I would call that lucky and random, and not a deserved kill. It is no doubt that this happens a thousand times every day in reach, to me everyday, and my friends everyday.

And G00n77, I give up, you say I have nothing to add to my argument, and that's true, because you haven't said anything that should make me do so. You only make claims of glitches, and since this stuff have never happened to you, it cannot be that way.

You say that you love and play invasion, and this explains it all. Invasion is a beloved gametype by very many bad-mediecore players, and to you, stuff like this that ruins competitive play is not noticable. So I understand now. This will be my last post. Sorry if I insulted you with the negativ IQ statement, I thought you were stupid, but now I realize that you are just a bad player. Have a great day. :)

Halo 3 had noticable BR spread, Halo 2 BR did not. Had why are you writing me all this luck wikipedia bull****? When you spam someone with the DMR, and you get a headshot you wouldn't have if the spread and bloom were not in the game, I would call that lucky and random, and not a deserved kill. It is no doubt that this happens a thousand times every day in reach, to me everyday, and my friends everyday.

And G00n77, I give up, you say I have nothing to add to my argument, and that's true, because you haven't said anything that should make me do so. You only make claims of glitches, and since this stuff have never happened to you, it cannot be that way.

You say that you love and play invasion, and this explains it all. Invasion is a beloved gametype by very many bad-mediecore players, and to you, stuff like this that ruins competitive play is not noticable. So I understand now. This will be my last post. Sorry if I insulted you with the negativ IQ statement, I thought you were stupid, but now I realize that you are just a bad player. Have a great day. :)

actually invasion is chaotic and it takes just as much skill as any other gametype if your up against a skilled team. i like other gamtypes too. it just so happens that alot of noobs play invasion and that annoys me.

you say the DMR gives you lucky headshots yet in the months of nonstop reach that i have been playing it never happens. simple as that. it never happens...to me anyway. meyb you have some magic copy of reach that gives you lucky headshots idk (is lucky headshots a pre order bonus?). after months i think i would notice phantom headshots. i play alot of video games and i notice things. if i was getting headshots without aiming at the head i would notice. one thing i do notice is that if im not aiming at the head trigger spamming or not i never get headshots.

you have repeated over and over that bloom ads too much luck without stating any facts or showing any real evidence. so untill you can your arguments are moot.

i was explaining invasion to the gentleman because he asked. and yea i like invasion but you cant judge my skill based on that alone. i play all the gametypes even classic slayer. i have been playing halo games for ten years so i have the right to defend armor lock and spread as much as you have the right to hate on them. again you insult me which again indicates to me that you have nothing to back up your arguments...good day sir.

• Like 1

As for you response to my post.....

I was simply showing by correct defanition how you are using luck to.describe said headshot events. I have even submitted proof tag values to backup all spread issues with the weapons you questioned. Would you like me to humiliate you more by posting up a picture of the tag values in my map editor? Both Goon and I have submitted numerouse times ample proof to.debunk your claims and the only defense you can give us is mere words of digust and a lack of appriciation for trying to teach you something.

Note to self..... start a tag value and game play mechanic thread with illustrated editor pictures to silence these noobs once and for all.

• Like 1

actually invasion is chaotic and it takes just as much skill as any other gametype if your up against a skilled team. i like other gamtypes too. it just so happens that alot of noobs play invasion and that annoys me.

you say the DMR gives you lucky headshots yet in the months of nonstop reach that i have been playing it never happens. simple as that. it never happens...to me anyway. meyb you have some magic copy of reach that gives you lucky headshots idk (is lucky headshots a pre order bonus?). after months i think i would notice phantom headshots. i play alot of video games and i notice things. if i was getting headshots without aiming at the head i would notice. one thing i do notice is that if im not aiming at the head trigger spamming or not i never get headshots.

you have repeated over and over that bloom ads too much luck without stating any facts or showing any real evidence. so untill you can your arguments are moot.

i was explaining invasion to the gentleman because he asked. and yea i like invasion but you cant judge my skill based on that alone. i play all the gametypes even classic slayer. i have been playing halo games for ten years so i have the right to defend armor lock and spread as much as you have the right to hate on them. again you insult me which again indicates to me that you have nothing to back up your arguments...good day sir.

LOL I thought I wouldn't do another post, but I had to post this video, this guy sums it up fairly good:) And how have I now backed up my arguments.. it's my claims against yours. But yeah, watch this, you will probably never change your mind, but I will at least now no longer wasting my time convincing you. btw, I would love if you would link me your service record, so I can look at your stats. And if I find that I was wrong about you being a bad player, then I'm sorry. But insults, insults are always the way to go. That's also why I hump alot. It makes people angry and spices up the discussions. But check this out.

LOL I thought I wouldn't do another post, but I had to post this video, this guy sums it up fairly good:) And how have I now backed up my arguments.. it's my claims against yours. But yeah, watch this, you will probably never change your mind, but I will at least now no longer wasting my time convincing you. btw, I would love if you would link me your service record, so I can look at your stats. And if I find that I was wrong about you being a bad player, then I'm sorry. But insults, insults are always the way to go. That's also why I hump alot. It makes people angry and spices up the discussions. But check this out.

he pretty much has the same argument as you. i dont think bloom is good because its "the new thing" i think its good because its fun and adds strategy to the game. instead of being like halo3 where everyone uses the BR and no other weapon it helps promote the use of all the awsome weapons that bungie added to the game(you are forced to think up different tactics other then get the BR and aim 4 the head). his argument was that spamming randomizes your shots, he says by randomizing your shots you will do better then if you pace them. not true. you COULD. but its a BIG gamble. and i dont gamble. if everyone is gambling then they all have the same chance to win. but if im counting cards then i have a much higher chance of winning. The trick is knowing when to pace and when to spam. furthermore he stated that he loves bloom at long range but not at close. this statment kills his argument because at close range you are supposed to spam the dmr. the dmr is more of an assasult rifle at close range then anything...this is how bungie wanted the DMR to behave. as he said its a different weapon then the BR. if you want the BR then play halo3.

without bloom their would still be spam. the only difference is people would aim for the body, then when sheilds drop aim for the head and get kills much faster. IMO your skill is not determined by your ability to get headshots. its on your ability to adjust and adapt to any situation, and have disipline of mastery of all weapons not just the BR disipline. if you only want to use the BR then why put any other weapons into the game? what if you where the last man defending your flag and all you have is a plasma pistol? well then your headshot skills arent going to help you. reach reqires a different skillset then halo3 did. and thats why people are raging because even months later they still connot adjust...pathetic...

my point against his argument is that when i spam the DMR i tend to miss and hit nothing...sure their is a chance that i could hit. but it rarely happens. when i pace my shots i always hit. at close range i spam any weapon because i am dealing with a bigger target so common scents dictates spamming is the best option...still even at close range you probably are better off pacing your shots because you are more likely to get 5 headshots pacing then the enemy is spamming. it is up to the player to decide the best choice based on the situation. if you are close range against a single spamming enemy then you can pace headshots...if you are surrouded by enemy then spam and hope for the best. decision making of this nature is a skillset like it or not.

i think bloom should be tweaked or modified but removing it will only break the DMR in a different way. we need to think of some other solution then removing bloom outright. even without bloom the recoil will allow for spamming so meyb the solution is to lower the amount of recoil but keep the bloom the same.

at anyrate 343 is removing bloom from certain playlists. so i think this debate is over. but it was a good debate with good points on both sides and hopefully it will help 343 come up with a solution that pleases both sides of the debate.

the game is fair with bloom, and thats all i care about is fairness and the game being balanced but also fun. i fear that removing the recoil from the DMR and making it spot on accurate with continuous fire will not only make the game less fun but unbalace it aswell. thats why i want bloom tweaked. the guy in the video says the pistol bloom is perfect. meyb making the DMR bloom more like the pistol bloom will end this debate. but i think your problems lie more with the bullet spread then simply the bloom itself. removing the bloom wont effect the spread so shot randomizing will still happen when spamming. and im not sure (from a technical standpoint) if changing the bullet spread is even possible. but i cant say forsure.

BTW insults dont spice up the debate they just make you sound like a child who cant hold his tongue. and teabagging does not piss people off anymore. it simply motivates them to pwn you harder then they already are. all teabagging does is prove that you can mash your thumbstick. it breaks your controller slowly and makes you look dumb. congratz! you can mash your thumbstick! should i give you a medal? a better insult would be to mellee your fallen enemys or put some extra bullets into their dead bodies. personally after i stick someone with a plasma i like to stick them with another one. sure the first one will kill them and you waist a nade. but hitting them with the second just adds insult to injury. they blow up so big and the fact that they just got stuck twice always lowers their moral. in real life you better make sure your enemy is dead before you teabag. or you could get shot in the nuts....just saying...

Advantages of armour lock :

- Can take huge amounts of damage

- Makes you invincible for 10 seconds(?)

- Can make Plasma Grenades disapear when theyre stuck to you

- Gives you a third person perspective

- Can kill

- Can be used cheaply to destroy vehicles

- Can EMP the people around you

- Can deflect rockets and grenades

- When someone hits you, they recieve damage

- Gives you way more credits (Emp medal and Rejection medal)

- Your health and shield can regenerate when using it

If you don't think this is overpowered, then you dont understand the basics of balanced gameplay (Compare armour lock to sprint or Invisability for example

And dont bother telling me "Oh you dont know how to avoid it". Im sick of standing there waiting there for someone on one shot to come out of armour lock, only for someone else to come along shooting me, and then the guy comes out of armour lock (No longer on one shot) and gets a cheap kill on me. I could run away, but then im losing a kill. So no, theyre isnt a way of avoiiding it, and thats why people want it gone.

oh yea lets see what we get when we replace armor lock with sprint/evade

advantages of sprint and evade

-allows you to dodge rockets and grenades

-allows you to run faster then everyone else for almost 10 seconds.

-allows to to dodge massive damage.

-can be used to easily board vehicles.

-can be used to cheaply run in and double melee

-your health and sheild can regen while using them

-allows you to get easy assassinations because by the time they see you on motion tracker its too late.

-increases the effectivness of already effective weapons such as sword grav hammer and shotgun.

do you get sick of getting a guy down to one shot and he just sprints away? then when u chase him his teamate starts shooting you and by that time hes no longer one shot.

you asked me to compare sprint to armor lock and i did. i could probably do it with cloak too. for example cloak jams radar so you could be up against 5 guys for all you know. you get the cloaker down to one shot only to be assassinated by his teamate because motion tracker was blind.

you see how this crappy argument can be applied to any armor ability but since you dont know ho to play against armor lockers you are biased. you would never apply that argument to sprint because you are used to sprint. i can even apply that argument to hologram or even certain weapons, or even crouching if i got crafty. the point is you cant use that argument unless your argument is to remove all AA's. and i have not heard any good reasons to remove them. so your argument is effectivly moot

• Like 1

oh yea lets see what we get when we replace armor lock with sprint/evade

advantages of sprint and evade

-allows you to dodge rockets and grenades

-allows you to run faster then everyone else for almost 10 seconds.

-allows to to dodge massive damage.

-can be used to easily board vehicles.

-can be used to cheaply run in and double melee

-your health and sheild can regen while using them

-allows you to get easy assassinations because by the time they see you on motion tracker its too late.

-increases the effectivness of already effective weapons such as sword grav hammer and shotgun.

do you get sick of getting a guy down to one shot and he just sprints away? then when u chase him his teamate starts shooting you and by that time hes no longer one shot.

you asked me to compare sprint to armor lock and i did. i could probably do it with cloak too. for example cloak jams radar so you could be up against 5 guys for all you know. you get the cloaker down to one shot only to be assassinated by his teamate because motion tracker was blind.

you see how this crappy argument can be applied to any armor ability but since you dont know ho to play against armor lockers you are biased. you would never apply that argument to sprint because you are used to sprint. i can even apply that argument to hologram or even certain weapons, or even crouching if i got crafty. the point is you cant use that argument unless your argument is to remove all AA's. and i have not heard any good reasons to remove them. so your argument is effectivly moot

At least when you play against someone with sprint you have to chance to shoot him compared to armour lock its just OMFGWTFIMGONNADIE!!! and press X like a ***** so you wait for your teammate to shoot ur attacker. And did sprinting away from rockets ever work for u :/. and when you dont succeed shooting people that sprint away tou might aswell be a crappy shot. And i think ur just one of those guys who can't aim properly and just armour lock when you get shot 1 time.

At least when you play against someone with sprint you have to chance to shoot him compared to armour lock its just OMFGWTFIMGONNADIE!!! and press X like a ***** so you wait for your teammate to shoot ur attacker. And did sprinting away from rockets ever work for u :/. and when you dont succeed shooting people that sprint away tou might aswell be a crappy shot. And i think ur just one of those guys who can't aim properly and just armour lock when you get shot 1 time.

i can aim fine...and yes i have dodged rockets....and how can you hit a sprinter when he runs into a base? you have more of a chance to hit someone in armor lock then you do somone with sprint because when somone armor locks it gives you a chance to reposition yourself at the best possible angle for a kill....i dont get frustratd when people armor lock because o know how to beat them. sprint is more frustrating because i get them to one shot and they take cover and recharge.

If you still can't deal with armor lock as now that its been downgraded DRAMATICALLY then you sir, have no skills at all. Bloom on the other hand is a good thing that its gone. It was annoying and was unfair because n00bs would get lucky shots cuz of it and the guy with skill still died because he was not luck and was playing with pure skill.

I am sure I speak for everyone here when I say "The game has been out for almost a year now...and you are still bitching these little things?" Seriuosly guys, it's been a long enough time that you should have been been figured out a good strategy or game style to combat all the issues you have with it. A game will always have issues and will never please 100% of the gaming community. Take Reach for what it is and get on with your lives. And swear to god, if I see one more post about bloom anywhere, I am gonna scream my head off. Noone here has been able to argue back to me why and what bloom is, and how changing it would change the game.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Twinreaper says to get on with our lives lol. He is the one who studies the game engine lol

the study of game engines will actually help him in practical ways like landing him a job and making him money or even just allowing him to create mods or whole games!...bitching about microscopic changes in a video game will only result in making reach lame and wasting everyone's time.

That's what forums are for goon what else? Improving the game. If u like how reach is now then play the reach playlist, I would like too see more of a classic feel since it is combat evolved Ann. So if u like reach play reach. And I'm pretty sure this is the Ann. Part of the forum so go to the reach section and cry to the ten people still playing. But u should hurry because the population drops everyday.

That's what forums are for goon what else? Improving the game. If u like how reach is now then play the reach playlist, I would like too see more of a classic feel since it is combat evolved Ann. So if u like reach play reach. And I'm pretty sure this is the Ann. Part of the forum so go to the reach section and cry to the ten people still playing. But u should hurry because the population drops everyday.

the only reason the population drops is because more and more games come out everyday....everyone used to play halo when there was nothing else to play but after gears and COD came out people tried those games and loved them...people play games like gears of war 3 for a while and when it gets stale or they just want somthing different they go back to reach and then when reach gets too repetitive they switch back to gears....you cant expect people to plaY nothing but reach every single day...for example right now i am playing assassins creed brotherhood so it would be hard for me to play reach online when im trying to beat a single player game...plus i pre ordered rage so there are alot of games to play! but after i finish rage and brotherhood i will go back to halo reach multiplayer. btw arguing on this forum wont make the game better it will make it worse...bungie is a professional game development house so i trust them to make good games far more then i trust random forum posters...instead of listening to the whiners and purists who have never made even ONE SINGLE VIDEO GAME! i would much rather keep reach the way it is...as is reach is highly polished and balanced...some people may get frustrated but thats a matter of opinion...if you dont like reach then dont play it...instead of coming here whining to change the game just play somthing else or play classic playlists...you all knew the game would have armor abilities before you bought it especially if you played the beta...

No Armor lock is the best thing ever wink.gif

It's the same thing as Sprint!!

IDK but if you delete armor lock you can also remove sprint

Care to explain how this would be a good idea? There's absolutely nothing wrong with armour lock or sprint. (or any of the armour abilities for that matter). Give me some reasons why you think those two in particular are so bad, and why you think they make the game less enjoyable.

• Like 1

I can give one good solid reason why all of the things in reach are good ideas....because Bungie said so. From the very start they made it very clear to everyone, that Reach was going to be a game THEY WANTED TO DO ALL THE THINGS THEY EVER WANTED TO ADD IN A HALO GAME! I'm sorry, but everyone had plenty of time to read up and learn the game. It's been over a year now, and still you expect someone else to fix up some things you knew from the start you didn't like or thought were bad? Do you same people go back to a car dealer a year later and demand they update your ride because you don't like certain things about the manufactured vehicle, like how long the gas peddle is? Or how hard the seats are? Simple answer to that is no. You deal with it.

You do your research about it before you get to the lot and purchase it. Same principles apply to Reach. Do you ever really go to a game store and just pick a game up based on the cover art, then cry about how poor the game is after you play it? That's just crazy. You all read things, you all played the beta. Get over it and sit down.

• Like 1