Flood in Campaign

Wes Stone501

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Flood in the Campaign?

• Yes
    • No

I here alot of people complain about them and I really don't understand why. I know they were used poorly at times but the first contact in Halo CE just makes me love them. 343 has proved to be all we could've hoped for so I say let's give them another chance. There were some flood enemy types in Halo Wars that could be a fun new change for Halo 5.

Quick-Mockup4.jpg

Odd. People complained about how dumb the flood were. And now we want them back. How fickle of the halo community.

When Halo 3 came out they went back to Halo 2 and complained. Halo reach came out and they went back to Halo 3 and complained. Notice a pattern here? Bungie and 343i have already caught on to it XD

There should be flood, but only for a part of a level (maybe about 20 minutes of gameplay). They are a fun change up for a while, but after a while they get boring and tedious.

That wouldn't be worth the money

Odd. People complained about how dumb the flood were. And now we want them back. How fickle of the halo community.

Just because some people said it doesn't mean that refelcted all of our views. I have never wanted the flood to leave.

• Like 1

Forerunners were the masters of technology: AIs, computing, and non-biological instruments, with the Composer they could transform life in technology, the Halos could destroy all life in the galaxy,etc.

Precursors were the masters of the physical form, of biological life, everything they made was alive, they could even create life.They were the ultimate rulers of everything.

The only reason the Forerunners defeated the Precursors was due to their excelling at destroying life which is the exact opposite of what the Precusors do.

The Precursors knew this so before they went "extinct" they created the Flood as a test to see if they were "worthy of the Mantle".

They were'nt. The next in line to "be tested" is humanity. Which is why this is the Reclaimer Trilogy. This is also one of the reasons the Librarian accelerated the genetics of Master Chief because in the terminals it was said that had the Didact not killed most of ancient humanity they would have eventually surpassed the Forerunners.

Thus it would make sense that the Flood would reappear to truly test humanity. Which I can imagine will really **** for us.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

The Flood is very fun to fight. They present more of a challenge then your standard Covenant Lance. They are more adaptable than the Covenant species, they are essentially the ultimate enemy in the Halo universe. 

They were created by the Precursors to enact revenge on the Forerunners by causing Humanity to expand and go to war against the Forerunners. But, their plan backfired, and Humanity was defeated after being significantly weakened by the Flood.

I just really like fighting the Flood. I got all of my information from Halo Nation (the Halo wiki).

If the flood is used appropriately, they are a great addition to the game. In missions like Cortana, from halo 3, the food was somewhat "abused" and the mission lost a lot of favor. When missions consist of both flood and covenant enemies, it keeps things more bearable to the player, and provides a better experience of the flood