whats wrong with bloom

hotdogrocks1

Have you even played Halo 2 or 3 you dumb *****? you obviously havent. They had so little bloom that it didnt even affect the game. Also if you would have read what I said instead of being a stupid girl, you would have seen that i wrote that there needs to be a balance, Bullets should spread with the DMR, but not nearly as much as they do in reach.

Honestly people like you ruin forums, all these no life losers are going to stick up for you just so they can say that they are friends with a female on the internet.

That guy is most certainly 12 years old because he ranted on about **** that no one was really talking about, and you guys are too dumb saying "durrr what do you mean by bloom hurrr all halos had it hurrr" to even read what I said, and that I agree with what you said on about things.

At least 343 agrees with me, and they will make Halo reach fun and playable.

Oh one last thing, just because your bullets go straight, doesnt mean you dont have to aim. Halo 2 and 3 had no bloom on br, and you had to be a really good shot to get 4 shot kills every time.

A Player should only have to worry about his own inconsistencies, Not about the horrible inconsistencies of his weapon. Not to mention it slows the game down from slow to retarded casual mode slow

Staff Response

User was warned cause of this post

git off my post *******

Am I one of the few that just want to play halo because it's halo? I don't care if they change anything on reach or not, I understand that things change and most people are afraid of change, but cmon, the only way to progress is to try to change, they tried something a little different with reach, I give them props for that, be it a failure or not. If things didn't change or attempt to try something new, we'd all still be playing super mario bros on the NES.

• Like 1

Am I one of the few that just want to play halo because it's halo? I don't care if they change anything on reach or not, I understand that things change and most people are afraid of change, but cmon, the only way to progress is to try to change, they tried something a little different with reach, I give them props for that, be it a failure or not. If things didn't change or attempt to try something new, we'd all still be playing super mario bros on the NES.

You said it man!

Wish more people had this attitude.

I often still play mario on the NES, or mariokart on the N64! Wish we could get Mariokart on XBLA! lol

Lethal, if I called you out on a post you made regarding a a specific game engine component or working thereof, sorry I didn't do it more stylishly instead of flamey.

As requested though, yeah. We really need to get back on topic. The TU fixes that I am reading about sound like a good idea up front, like the bloom customization. But I have to say i am disappointed with the fixes they chose. There are a slue of secondary and other errors with the game system in campaign as well, and I dislike they chose to focus on the MP aspect of it. My big question is the bloom adjustment going to be in MP only, or does the extra MegaloScript function get loaded when the game loads, and hence allow SP-CoOP bloom adjustments as well? Anyone know for sure?

The thing is they are doing this for anniversary thats why they are focusing on MP because reach is nothing like ce and for the MP part of ce they want it to be like it was or as close as they can make it and the co-op part anniversary campaign has no bloom from what i can see in the videos so they would have no reason to put in an option to change bloom in campaign

The thing is they are doing this for anniversary thats why they are focusing on MP because reach is nothing like ce and for the MP part of ce they want it to be like it was or as close as they can make it and the co-op part anniversary campaign has no bloom from what i can see in the videos so they would have no reason to put in an option to change bloom in campaign

Thats my whole problem. 343 and Bungie never say much about the MegaloScript engine, so it is hard to tell how the scripts are being handled. I know the tech is super hush hush about specific details, but seriously guys, throw a guy a bone! How will the scripts be handled? Are they triggered during menu choice, or map loading...what?!!

Honestly bloom ruined halo reach, 343 are smart to remove it. The bloom is done badly, it takes way to long for your reticule to reset, even when it does it opens so fast that the second shot is random, and third is always random, and it makes the game even slower than it was in Halo 3. Why would anyone want to slow down the game more? It doesnt make it more tactical or anything, it made halo reach a random luck based game that got old in a week.

343's TU will make this game better 10 fold

realy i think your looking to far in to it and if its that much better like u say than there should be more ppl playing after the tu well we'll see

Staff Response

NezQu1ck Has been banned. For numerous inappropriate posts.

Your Welcome...

You're* Mr mod ;)

On topic:

Bloom is random and that's the bottom line, I will go into a 1v1 fight and I will be pacing my bloom but somehow the kid who spam's his dmr gets the kill.

Another time I go into a 1v1 I will be spamming my DMR and the kid how is pacing his shots wins.

The only time the bloom works consistent is at long range where pacing always works.

No bloom will be much better than bloom because it will all go down to accuracy and not random BS.

btw, with no bloom its not spamming its just called shooting.

• Like 1

nothing i dont care 1 way or the other about it nobodys going 2 be better or worse either way so i think ppl are makeing a bigger deal out of it than it realy is.

I had a hard time reading this post but I think you're saying people won't be any better or worse without the bloom yeah?

Well that's very dumb statement.

I know for sure I will benefit from no bloom and so will lots of other people.

You're* Mr mod ;)

On topic:

Bloom is random and that's the bottom line, I will go into a 1v1 fight and I will be pacing my bloom but somehow the kid who spam's his dmr gets the kill.

Another time I go into a 1v1 I will be spamming my DMR and the kid how is pacing his shots wins.

The only time the bloom works consistent is at long range where pacing always works.

No bloom will be much better than bloom because it will all go down to accuracy and not random BS.

btw, with no bloom its not spamming its just called shooting.

You do mean pacing your shots, right? Otherwise that sentence made no sense. You're saying bloom, but what you really mean is the bullet spread. Do you know why the spammer probably won? Because you were close enough for most of his shots to connect. If you're close to your opponent, you do not pace. You fire faster, because more of your shots will hit due to being closer to them. If someone zooms in, that also increases accuracy (as does crouching). The same goes for when you were spamming, and someone paced. You were farther away, so spamming wouldn't have worked out. "Bloom is random and that's the bottom line". You're talking about the spread, not bloom. For the last time; bullet spread and bloom are two completely separate things, and bloom has nothing to do with how the guns function. You're saying the spread is random. Well if you spam your shots, of course it's going to be random. It's been like that in every Halo title.

• Like 1

Spam this and spam that. Even with things fixed by 343, people will find something else to ***** about now to explain why they suck. Firing shots rapidly at someone is not spamming, it's called trying to take down your target. Spamming is the simple excuse someone gives because they cannot move or dodge shots effectively. By definition for all you complainers, simply using the assault rifle, a fully automatic weapon would be spamming as well since it fires tons of rounds at a time or over time.

Quit coming up with excuses as to why you cannot adjust play style or tactics to overcome your enemies. Either that, or just plain out admit someone is better than you. Also keep in mind that anyone can beat anyone else on any given day. We all have off days and on days. It's much better to admit that weakness than look like a total tool calling out game mechanics you have no concept of, as the reason you lose. Mystic, I don't know about you, but we could talk to these peeps till we are blue in the face and still they will not accept or "get" it. I'm done with it. Good luck man.

You do mean pacing your shots, right? Otherwise that sentence made no sense. You're saying bloom, but what you really mean is the bullet spread. Do you know why the spammer probably won? Because you were close enough for most of his shots to connect. If you're close to your opponent, you do not pace. You fire faster, because more of your shots will hit due to being closer to them. If someone zooms in, that also increases accuracy (as does crouching). The same goes for when you were spamming, and someone paced. You were farther away, so spamming wouldn't have worked out. "Bloom is random and that's the bottom line". You're talking about the spread, not bloom. For the last time; bullet spread and bloom are two completely separate things, and bloom has nothing to do with how the guns function. You're saying the spread is random. Well if you spam your shots, of course it's going to be random. It's been like that in every Halo title.

What in the world are you talking about? I never said anything about spread.

Also when you said this "Well if you spam your shots, of course it's going to be random. It's been like that in every Halo title."

LOL

I would agree with Gold.... The Bloom is so random its not even funny. If i get into a dmr fight and we are both spamming, aiming at the same area, and firing at the exact same time at medium distance. One of us is going to get a stupid shot that doesn't come anywhere close to where we were aiming meaning now the other guy is going to have a shot up on you. if they took out the bloom the game would come down to accuracy and how well you can strafe shots. NUFF SAID

1. No bloom allows for more talented players to shine in individual battles because the game pace is increasing and players now have to aim their DMR at a faster frequency.

Furthermore, no bloom makes the "luck" factor of bloom a non-variable, thus insuring the better players will win battles. Inferior players winning due to a lucky spam will become a thing of the past.

2. No bloom rewards teams with truly better teamwork.

A big fallacy that people tend to post is that "no bloom will hurt teams with good teamwork because bloom rewards teams with good teamwork". This is an illogical lie.

No-bloom allows for less limitations on teamwork, thus allowing teams with truly superior teamwork to shine even more. Bloom inherently limited the potential of teamwork because it limited the rate at which players can team fire. A team can only team fire as fast as the game will let them accurately, and the faster a team can team-fire, the better their teamwork in that respect is. Thus, having an element that limits rate of fire, such as bloom, is a clear limitation of teamwork potential.

The reason why some feel bloom made teamwork more relevant is because bloom simultaneously made individually battles significantly less important/reliable which in turn creates an "illusion" of bloom improving teamwork.

In other words, bloom didn't make teamwork better. It made teamwork worse, but it made individual battles EVEN MORE worse which made teamwork appear to be better even though bloom was hurting teamwork as well in reality.

No bloom rewards teams with better skill and better teamwork while making the game significantly more consistent and reliable. For these reasons, there is no legitimate reason to keep bloom if we have the option to get rid of it.

That is all.

What in the world are you talking about? I never said anything about spread.

Also when you said this "Well if you spam your shots, of course it's going to be random. It's been like that in every Halo title."

LOL

It's funny that I stated the truth? Yes, you were talking about spread. Bloom =/= spread. You were talking about when your bullets hit different places. That is bullet spread, not bloom. Your shots hit "random" areas in every title when you fired too quickly. Go to Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3. You'll see it in all three of them.

• Like 1

It's funny that I stated the truth? Yes, you were talking about spread. Bloom =/= spread. You were talking about when your bullets hit different places. That is bullet spread, not bloom. Your shots hit "random" areas in every title when you fired too quickly. Go to Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3. You'll see it in all three of them.

No In CE, the pistol had slow acting bloom at high ROF's, but not nearly what Reach has. Some people never notice. Halo 2 and 3 never had that. In each burst in Halo 3, each bullet that comes out is increasingly random, but that is not controllable like bloom.

There is NEVER a perfect firing rate. Someone can always shoot a little faster and get lucky. You can use the honor system and pace correctly given a certain range, and that will almost always be outdone by someone who shoots just a bit faster.

Everyone spams at close range. The range where the line between spam and pace starts to blur at mid range, where a majority of battles happen. This is terrible for competition.

Bloom is a manipulation of randomness. A lot like poker. You can set up a situation well, knowing full well what you are going to do, and not what your opponent will do. Then, once both people commit to their strategies, the determining factor is luck. Always luck.

THAT is why bloom is a bad mechanic.

• Like 1