343i Ruining The Story Of Master Chief

Halo Pony

Alot of peolpe have been saying that in the Campain when Master Chief takes off his helmet and shows his face, it ruins the story I kind of have to agree with that. All we have ever know him as is a Suited Man Fighting with Braveness, an Outstanding Fighter Fighting with Courage. But now it seems I know him as a Person and not a Hero. I do fear 343i will take it to far and Ruin Halo. ~Christmas Magic~. :dog:

Ok i want to finally voice my opinion on this.... WE NEED TO SEE HIS FACE

I love this guy to death, he is an excellent character, but he CANNOT EVOLVE while faceless....

Yes while body movements and voice work do amazing jobs at portraying emotion, people need to see the Master Chief.....no....we need to see JOHN....Thats who he is, not a rank, not a number, a person, a soldier named John, who has a face and a life , and we need to see who is under that helmet, i LOVED seeing what we did of him.

Even though they already described what he looks like, id like him to take the helmet off fully in Halo 5, i wanna see Halo's Hero, the man we have been playing as........

• Like 2

What 343i did didn't ruin anything. It was a simple glimpse at a face for the sole purpose of character development. In the half second that he took his helmet off we got to see him as a living breathing person and not a machine. Coincidentally (I think not) one of the major themes of Halo 4 was whether Master Chief was a machine, metaphorically of course) or a person.

This should do wonders for character development and storytelling. However I have to agree that they shouldn't make it the norm to show his face. In all honesty we don't need to see his face again probably ever.

The whole point of seeing his face was to add to hes just another human like you and me.

In my opinion it was a fanttastic move by 343i

Master Chief story is only getting better because now instead of shoot and the generic Yes sir. He know gives his input and talks to people about things making him a better character

Thats the thing Masterchief is only human . You may think of him as a warrior , or a soldier but in reality he is just a person .

343i Had to do what they did to improve the story of Masterchief .

As they say 'You will always have more compassion for what you know than what you don't .

They have to get you to know who John really is .

Just as an example , If your dog died you would have more compassion for it than if a strangers dog died .

Exact same thing as they are trying to do with John . They want you to get to know him so you can get into the story more .

Exactly what Syko said, John isn't a killing machine, he's human, like every soldier who fights for his kind.

Don't you remember: "Before this is all over, promise me you'll figure which one of us is the machine" and "Soldiers aren't machines, we're just people." Halo 4 is about John discovering his Human side, if Humanity wanted bloodthirsty killing machines they could use robotic technology, not people. And they didn't even show his whole face; only his eyes are showed which is enough, we always wanted to know what's under the mask.