Thruster pack needs to be buffed

wookieeassassin

I think that either its distance that it moves you needs to be upped (with the exception of use in Flood) or that its recharge needs to be upped somewhat as it is a one shot and then way long cool down for what it gives you.

Other than that, no I think it is fine.

From what I can tell all of the best uses of this AA involve doing something OTHER than what it was intended for, but not so far from the original intent as to merit talk of glitching or anything.

The Thruster Pack is pretty basic on its own, but it plays with the game physics and whereas other AAs sort of work best when they are used for the obvious effect, Thruster Pack seems to have most of its uses in its less obvious effects.

I only say this because I think to really get the most out of Thruster Pack, you should look around online at thruster pack tips and tricks and such, because that AA can do so many varied things.

Maybe the distance a little bit, but I don't exactly use it to close the gap, I more use it to dodge grenades and to rapidly change direction.

Which is exactly what I use it for. The problem is that it has such a long cool down for such a short action. If it had a longer distance I could see the long cool down it has. I dont want to be able to hold downt the button and zoom everywhere (thats what the jetpack is for) but compared to the other abilities its CD is way too long.

I would either like to use it twice on one charge or have a longer distance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0mnIuNlMWk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KoB2emodwc

Yeah the thing with the thruster pack is it is garbage at its intended purpose. However, due to the sheer quantity of dumb things the halo playerbase has tried doing with it we've actually found some pretty cool little things that it can be used for.

*Trick jumps

*Delaying on a teleporter

*Power launch on Solace

*Aborting lifts

thruster pack actualy saves me alot as it is, but i think its distence/movement speed needs to be upped just a tad. it doesnt move you any faster or further than just sprinting. thing is, its purpose is instantanious direction change, and can be applied in unique ways. for example if you melee someone, you then need that second or so before you can melee again or fire, but the thruster action needs no such delay, and can get you into their blindspot before they melee you.

its a unique ability with being usable midair as well, and can easily become OP, but i do agree a SMALL buff would be nice. i think its recharge speed is fine though, as being able to use it repeadedly would make face offs against such people just frustrating

From what i've seen it moves me about 3 steps... not enough to get out of the way of a vehicle... Barrely enough to get out of the way of a grenade... no way in hell can you get out of the way of a rocket with it like the evade perk in reach..

It needs a huge buff, Save for the flood gametype where it becomes the most deadly accesory in the halo universe..

I think the thruster pack is reasonably balanced and a change is unneeded.

From reading other posts in this thread, it seems people want a boost. Something along the lines of, "I'm getting shot, okay maybe I can thrust out of the way and find some cover so my shields can recharge." This conclusion which moderately represents some frustrations players have with the thrust pack, would make it too powerful. Time and time again I've been killed because a guy thrusts into the air, causing me to miss one shot with the DMR, and end up being killed. Or, when I think I'm safe behind cover, a guy thrusts around and over, killing me again. Not to mention you can get to specific locations on most maps others can't get too.

I concluded if you upgrade the thrust pack and increase its speed, or w/e, it would upset the balance of play. Once a player is getting shot, he/she shouldn't be able to thrust away immediately and not be killed. With the current setup, its still possible to get away, but it won't happen nearly as much as some people call for.

And keep in mind tweaking an weapon/perk can cause unintended affects on other areas of gameplay. How would a thrustpack boost affect the speed boost perk? A change should only be used as a last resort option, and not to satisfy one's frustrations or, " I should be able to somewhat dominate play because I like using this perk."

Upset the balance? Moving a few extra feet at a slightly higher speed? No. Things are already upset. I don't want it for running, I need it for it's advertised purpose. As it is, It's simply a trick tool.

Now, if it thrusted in the direction you are looking, I could look past the small and slow movement. Say I jump and need just a few more inches of height or distance. Thruster pack simply goes down and I fail my jump worse than if I chose to not use it. If it did that, I'd take the distance and speed as is.

Thruster pack does need a slight distance buff as it was advertised in it's ability to quickly close the gap on an enemy but in reality is slower than sprinting. Just a few extra feet would be nice. It definitely wouldn't be upsetting any balance as the thruster pack is not used often right now due to its weakness.

I think it works great as is. it's become my aa of choice now. it is a great counter to any close quarters weapon. I've actually used it as I was gettin hit with a hammer n the shockwave knocked me too high in the air for him to hit me again. timing is everything with it tho.

also good for long range dmr battles. pay attention to when your shields pop and just before they can squeeze off the headshot thrust out of the way around a corner. most ppl will reload and keep an eye on your position cause they know you're almost dead. jump out n kill em while they reload