Lol halo 4 population heading below 100k!

Balloonloons

There are some inherent flaws to the game that 343i has implemented but I wouldn't say that's the sole reason numbers are down. Black Ops 2 has a ranking system so that is drawing some of the competitive players and plus this is the time of year that people are taking finals and out and about. I'd say the holiday season has some impact on how much the game is played.

That's a pretty disgusting example.

And you continue to put people down.

you're a sensitive one aren't you? Or are you just playing sensitive to cover for a point you don't have?

There are some inherent flaws to the game that 343i has implemented but I wouldn't say that's the sole reason numbers are down. Black Ops 2 has a ranking system so that is drawing some of the competitive players and plus this is the time of year that people are taking finals and out and about. I'd say the holiday season has some impact on how much the game is played.

if the game was well done and it was what people wanted then they would be playing it. Period. These are just excuses for failure.

halo 4 has a better multiplayer than reach. i think it did better simply because bungie made it, there was a ranking system, and more playlists.

I think you meant that the other way around because bungie didn't make 4.

So, one month after its release it's the second most-played game on XBL and that's 'pathetic'? I don't agree at all. And I stand by my claim that 100,000 people online at once is a huge number: that's a minimum, by the way. Once you add up Custom Games and Spartan Ops, you could probably raise that by a good few thousand. And the only reason it isn't in the number one spot for the entirety of XBL is Call of Duty, which is more popular than oxygen these days.

And no, doing nothing but complaining isn't going to help, it'll just get you labelled as a troll and ignored. Could Halo 4 be better? Yes, of course it could. But that could be said of any game and I think 343i has done a great job so far: I like the changes and I think it's damn well tested. It's mechanically sound and well-balanced, and aside from a few server hitches and unlock codes being mismanaged there haven't really been any major problems.

Calling it a 'beta' is garbage. Do you seriously think they don't have any testers? That they didn't do any testing at all? They tested it WITH THE HELP OF MLG PLAYERS, for goodness' sake. You don't get a higher standard of tester than that!

you can stand by your claim all you want it doesn't make it correct. 100k people on a million dollar franchise is a failure. That's a fact not opinion. I would have fired the CEO and restructured the company if I was Microsoft and I just dumped millions of dollars into having this game made only to result in lackluster numbers like that. And also you're wrong. 100k is peak population. I'm scared to see what minimum population is lol.

The numbers are disappointing, period. It took Reach a lot longer to drop off as sharply as what this game has. Blame it on Christmas, BLOPS2, 343i, or all of the above. The numbers are disappointing. Like I said I can only hope they'll increase after Christmas.

I was online just a few minutes ago and the largest playlist on infinity war games had like 18k people. Then only two other playlists were even in the double digits (by double digits I mean 10k+). Though I didn't add it up I highly doubt there was 100k online, it was probably closer to 50k.

This is pretty sad considering the game made 220M on launch day according to huffington post and microsoft. See link.

http://www.huffingto..._n_2119268.html

This 220M they made resulted in the sale of 3.1 million copies of the game, just on launch day. See link.

http://bgr.com/2012/...-360-microsoft/

So, giving rough estimates. We know 3.1M copies at least were sold (that's the count from luanch day, many more have been sold since), and that there are roughly 100k people online (and that's being generous)

So, taking the percentage of 100k out of 3.1M copies sold, that leaves us with only 3.2% of those who purchased the game are actually playing it. That's sad, period. 96.8% ARE NOT playing this game. This is either due to the game being wrapped up for Christmas or they're playing BLOPS2 or they just simply didn't like the game. Either way, these figures are quite SAD indeed.

How's that for some factual data? Though this makes me sad, because I am apparently a small percent of those who actually like and enjoy this game. I hope gameplay picks up after Christmas.

Even if there were 200k people online, that'd still only be 6.5%

The numbers are disappointing, period. It took Reach a lot longer to drop off as sharply as what this game has. Blame it on Christmas, BLOPS2, 343i, or all of the above. The numbers are disappointing. Like I said I can only hope they'll increase after Christmas.

I was online just a few minutes ago and the largest playlist on infinity war games had like 18k people. Then only two other playlists were even in the double digits (by double digits I mean 10k+). Though I didn't add it up I highly doubt there was 100k online, it was probably closer to 50k.

This is pretty sad considering the game made 220M on launch day according to huffington post and microsoft. See link.

http://www.huffingto..._n_2119268.html

This 220M they made resulted in the sale of 3.1 million copies of the game, just on launch day. See link.

http://bgr.com/2012/...-360-microsoft/

So, giving rough estimates. We know 3.1M copies at least were sold (that's the count from luanch day, many more have been sold since), and that there are roughly 100k people online (and that's being generous)

So, taking the percentage of 100k out of 3.1M copies sold, that leaves us with only 3.2% of those who purchased the game are actually playing it. That's sad, period. 96.8% ARE NOT playing this game. This is either due to the game being wrapped up for Christmas or they're playing BLOPS2 or they just simply didn't like the game. Either way, these figures are quite SAD indeed.

How's that for some factual data? Though this makes me sad, because I am apparently a small percent of those who actually like and enjoy this game. I hope gameplay picks up after Christmas.

Even if there were 200k people online, that'd still only be 6.5%

thanks for backing me up with some more facts. Lets see if this guy can stand behind his point now lol. I bet he will find a way. But nicely done on this post!

Halo just isnt king anymore (sad face). The casuals have come in and made COD king with its "no need to practice, pat on the back, everybody is a winner!" gameplay. Those of us that enjoy Halo for what it is/was are in the minority now. That and look at who plays Halo. At least as far as the people I know IRL, most of my Halo playing friends are around my age and older. 21-30. College, Work, and family cut into play time. I like the game, I really do. But I have other things I like to do and cant be on at all times. Most of the people that I know who play COD are younger. Teens-20. Other than school during the day and a part time job, most have nothing but time on their grubby little hands to play that mindless garbage.

Yeah, i'd say those who played halo at its finest, halo CE and 2 and to an extent 3 are aging. There's a new composition of players in the gaming community and they like this halo reach and halo 4 format. Which I guess is fine for them if that's how they want to play a game but i guess people like me and Benchimus are just not too much concerned with gaming anymore. Hell, i've got to get a career next year after graduating college. Should I be worrying about Halo 4? Nah man.

• Like 1

Yeah, i'd say those who played halo at its finest, halo CE and 2 and to an extent 3 are aging. There's a new composition of players in the gaming community and they like this halo reach and halo 4 format. Which I guess is fine for them if that's how they want to play a game but i guess people like me and Benchimus are just not too much concerned with gaming anymore. Hell, i've got to get a career next year after graduating college. Should I be worrying about Halo 4? Nah man.

Yeah man, I'm 27 going on 28. I have a family and a full-time job. I've been playing Halo since the very first, in fact Halo is the reason I bought an xbox. I understand that they can't keep making the same game over and over, and I personally like the direction they're going with Reach and H4, but that's me. It's just a shame to see my favorite game of all time being suppressed by a game of campers because it's all about who sees who first. I never could get into CoD. I couldn't see the point. People argue that it's more "realistic", but uhh... it's a VIDEO GAME, hello? It's not like real war, our technology is no where near advanced enough to simulate that and if it was the entire gaming community would soil themselves constantly while playing it. I like Halo because it doesn't try to be "ultra realistic" - it's a game, and a good one indeed.

Halo just isnt king anymore (sad face). The casuals have come in and made COD king with its "no need to practice, pat on the back, everybody is a winner!" gameplay. Those of us that enjoy Halo for what it is/was are in the minority now. That and look at who plays Halo. At least as far as the people I know IRL, most of my Halo playing friends are around my age and older. 21-30. College, Work, and family cut into play time. I like the game, I really do. But I have other things I like to do and cant be on at all times. Most of the people that I know who play COD are younger. Teens-20. Other than school during the day and a part time job, most have nothing but time on their grubby little hands to play that mindless garbage.

this really has nothing to do with why this game has failed. It failed because it deviated from its roots. Like any other business or product. If you deviate from where you came from, you lose your fan base and creating a new one is hard to do because the "new one" already has their mind made up about your product without even trying it.

That said if halo 4 was a good game people would play it. Period. But it isn't and that's why we see the massive numbers leaving the game. Hence fail.

That said if halo 4 was a good game people would play it. Period. But it isn't and that's why we see the massive numbers leaving the game. Hence fail.

You might be right on this. Though I don't think you can definitively make that statement. Facts are though, the numbers don't lie. I don't own BLOPS2 but I'd hate to see how many are online on that. I bet it's in the millions. This must have been what the Mayans predicted.

Its a sad fact that so soon after release the community has shrunk so much.

Today I was playing and there were less than 50k online for a lot of it, not one of my friends online (all of whom were mad Halo fans) were playing.

Its now a mixture of clans and campers, few people talking, and not much fun.

Maybe those we do not want will leave and the old guard will return but hopes are not high. All the numbers about second most played game in first month of release mean little if it is one of the least played new releases the month after.

Bo2 will have millions of players and to be honest as much as I hate CoD games (say this having played and owned many of them), the style of game play (camping) is more fun on CoD games than it is on Halo 4.

I still find myself attacking as my mind tells me I should in Halo and then after a min I have to make myself stop as its pointless (Sadly I remember having to do this with CoD)... Maybe its just the current gamer mentallity thats the issue, skill based games seem to be classed as wrong these days and even here people complain about how the better teams used to own others in prior Halo's.

What seems to have been missed is that competition to be better is what kept Halo alive hell H3 is still being played by a lot of people. It defined the series, the style of play, the requirement to fight for the power weapons to gain dominance of the lvl's. Thsi may not have been noob friendly but it ensured that it was unique.....and in a game market overloaded with FPS unique is a winner.

• Like 1

this really has nothing to do with why this game has failed. It failed because it deviated from its roots. Like any other business or product. If you deviate from where you came from, you lose your fan base and creating a new one is hard to do because the "new one" already has their mind made up about your product without even trying it.

Not saying I agree or disagree. What I am saying is that even if it had stayed 100% true to its roots (which I wish it had!), would the pop. numbers really be much higher? Id love for it to be more like H2/3 but even if it were, neither me nor any of my friends would be on any more often than we currently are.

Not saying I agree or disagree. What I am saying is that even if it had stayed 100% true to its roots (which I wish it had!), would the pop. numbers really be much higher? Id love for it to be more like H2/3 but even if it were, neither me nor any of my friends would be on any more often than we currently are.

Maybe not but you would keep coming on!!! All games go down after release but they need a core following that still come back to play.

The worry for many I am sure is how many people will be playing 6 months down the road?? Nobody has the answer but H3 for example held good numbers for years and still does, when you consider how long ago it was released the only thing that could be doing this is that it has something that no other game has.. does Halo 4 have that??

Halo 2 was the first Halo game on XBL

Halo 3 was the first Halo game on 360

Halo 4 is the third Halo game on 360.

Many of those people who started back at the begining, during the Halo CE DUKE days are now grizzled ancients with careers, children and a 401k. The true fans who have followed the series over the years do not play as often because of LIFE keeps us busy. Many of us do still play, when free time allows.

I remember hiding in the base in Gulch to stay alive as I ran to the fridge to grab another beer, the five people playing in the kitchen saw me and began a mad scramble to find the body I left behind.

I remember the first time we planted the bomb on Zanzibar, sweating and swearing at each other across continents as the timer counted down.

I remember trekking across Sandtrap with a bloody gravity hammer across my back and a flag in my hands, hoping they would make it with the Hog before the Chopper found me.

I remember yelling obscenities aftet sticking a grenade to an opponent only to have him put his fist to the ground and glow as the grenade was flung off and detonated next to me, only to see a familiar face materialize out of nothing and stab the enemy in his head.

I remember the forums, always cries of sacriledge and treason. Always.

• Like 2

Many of those people who started back at the begining, during the Halo CE DUKE days are now grizzled ancients with careers, children and a 401k. The true fans who have followed the series over the years do not play as often because of LIFE keeps us busy. Many of us do still play, when free time allows.

I remember hiding in the base in Gulch to stay alive as I ran to the fridge to grab another beer, the five people playing in the kitchen saw me and began a mad scramble to find the body I left behind.

I remember the first time we planted the bomb on Zanzibar, sweating and swearing at each other across continents as the timer counted down.

I remember trekking across Sandtrap with a bloody gravity hammer across my back and a flag in my hands, hoping they would make it with the Hog before the Chopper found me.

I remember yelling obscenities aftet sticking a grenade to an opponent only to have him put his fist to the ground and glow as the grenade was flung off and detonated next to me, only to see a familiar face materialize out of nothing and stab the enemy in his head.

LOL, i loved this, it was lighthearted and joyful.

so why does halo4 take a lot less skill? I was pretty good at halo 3 and reach keeping a double k/d. But now every one can out br or dmr me and dont have to lead their shots. I really wish that bungie would have mad halo 4 not this crappy 343i that trys to amke the game like callof duty so that everyone is good.

H3 if you got first shot you automatically were going to win unless the br spread f'd you over.

Halo 4 is a great game at its core. Hit registration is amazing like h2. Other than that the game fails - horrible maps, instant respawn, AA, ordinance drops instead of set weapon spawns.

IMO main thing that needs to be fixed is maps and instant respawn. Bring back the x indicator and a ranking system and implement set weapon spawns. Halo is not cod and never should be. Halo set the bar on console FPS on which other games based theirs off of so why is halo straying away from that. It's killing the community.

I love halo and always will, I'll stick with it til the end but this is a disgrace.

H3 if you got first shot you automatically were going to win unless the br spread f'd you over.

Halo 4 is a great game at its core. Hit registration is amazing like h2. Other than that the game fails - horrible maps, instant respawn, AA, ordinance drops instead of set weapon spawns.

IMO main thing that needs to be fixed is maps and instant respawn. Bring back the x indicator and a ranking system and implement set weapon spawns. Halo is not cod and never should be. Halo set the bar on console FPS on which other games based theirs off of so why is halo straying away from that. It's killing the community.

I love halo and always will, I'll stick with it til the end but this is a disgrace.

In halo 3 5/10 people would get the first shot on me i could turn around and out br them easyly compared to this game lets not even go into it Shoot first and win LOL>

You might be right on this. Though I don't think you can definitively make that statement. Facts are though, the numbers don't lie. I don't own BLOPS2 but I'd hate to see how many are online on that. I bet it's in the millions. This must have been what the Mayans predicted.

European peak times its around 700k tops. Including zombies pop. I think it'll rise for Xmas tho. It always does. It's not 3mil like Bo1 tho. But idk about the counter they had online in that game....

European peak times its around 700k tops. Including zombies pop. I think it'll rise for Xmas tho. It always does. It's not 3mil like Bo1 tho. But idk about the counter they had online in that game....

Halo 4 has been peaking around 150k in the evenings, EST, US. BO2 is still 4-7x higher than H4. Reach still has 100k during peak hours.

I don't know, it just took Reach a lot longer to drop off as sharply as this game has, which is what bothers me the most. If it's only this many now, what will it be in a year? Guess we'll have to wait and see what the numbers are after Christmas.

That...was beautiful. Anyway, regarding the population of the game I do believe its quite low. That doesn't necessarily mean its a bad game, though. There are many, many flaws, but like another person said, it is good at its core.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow these truly are some draw something like numbers. Shows what a fail the game is! Fanboys put your ***** away because you have been proven wrong by the entire halo community who has officially dumped this game. Halo 3 probably has more players online at the moment! I know halo reach still had like 500k unique users in 2011. Lol. 4= fail. Fanboys noobs need to stfu and not let 343 continue this fail. You're doing more damage to the halo franchise by voicing your points of view because you're obviously on your own.

I just had to create an account and reply to this guy after coming across this thread because he apparently doesn't understand the numbers he's posting about, nor do a lot of people here. These numbers are not the overall population, it is ONLY showing the amount of people that are currently in a game of matchmaking. It's not like h3 or reach. It doesn't include all the people playing spartan ops, campaign, customs, people just sitting in the lobby, etc.

I don't know what is so hard for people to understand about this. And that halo charts website shows the exact same thing(only overall playlist numbers). A little math goes a long way in understanding this stuff.

Go look at halo charts daily peak population chart and the peak is like 450k which was the day after release. Do you REALLY think there was only 450k online on h4 that day? Taking into account the fact that h4 sold 3.1 million copies on day one. Really? That 450k was just the amount of people currently in war games.

I just had to create an account and reply to this guy after coming across this thread because he apparently doesn't understand the numbers he's posting about, nor do a lot of people here. These numbers are not the overall population, it is ONLY showing the amount of people that are currently in a game of matchmaking. It's not like h3 or reach. It doesn't include all the people playing spartan ops, campaign, customs, people just sitting in the lobby, etc.

I don't know what is so hard for people to understand about this. And that halo charts website shows the exact same thing(only overall playlist numbers). A little math goes a long way in understanding this stuff.

Go look at halo charts daily peak population chart and the peak is like 450k which was the day after release. Do you REALLY think there was only 450k online on h4 that day? Taking into account the fact that h4 sold 3.1 million copies on day one. Really? That 450k was just the amount of people currently in war games.

is that why 1million were on reach day one? hmmmmmm