HALO II had the best campiagn! over-all.

PublicAlliance

One of my favorite things about the campaign for Halo 2 was just the vastness of the levels. You could explore so much of the maps. Finding holes in the invisible walls meant sooo much at that time. My number 1 all time moment in that game was getting the IWHBYD skull. EPIC.

• 2 weeks later...

What, I can provide you evidence with why that is wrong. And thinking about a video game doesn't have to be "naive" (plus what is more simplistic than a popularity contest?) just because you have a controller, the stories can be great and complex. There was a time when video games only had story to run on. Even just recently some big art institute announced that Video games are art, so it seems like is there some different thinking going in there.

Wombat, I agree with everything you've posted. I feel that gaming is the best form of entertainment period, next to music(but then again, video games have music, and a ton of my favorite music ever, has come from gaming). I wasn't sure if Grumpy was being serious or not with everything he was saying, because it looked like he was trolling or something. I don't know how you can be a fan of games Grumpy, and have a mindset like this. We all have our opinions on things, and no one here will be "right", but I can't help but be bothered with some of the things you posted Grumpy. No hard feelings though. And as far as the campaign of H2, it is known by me and my friends as the worst one in the series. I'm old school though and have been playing games since I was two, and I'm thirty now. I've seen video games evolve from being a simplistic diversion, to this massive mainstream industry that isn't "nerdy" anymore. And that makes me happy.

YAY. Fellow believers. I loved Halo 2's campaign. I actually still find my self playing it today.

But I also like ODST campaign. Mainly cause it all was in the city minus 1 mission.

But out of all of them I think Halo 2 takes the cake. Halo 2 by far set the standards for Halo today.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to admit, I would rather have explored a covvy ship manually than see the chief blow it up in a cutscene. Likewise, I wish I could've seen the warthog variants and te level where you explore the tunnels under Installation 05 while the Gravemind tentacles are smashing down around you, still, it was my favourite campaign.