Best Secondary?

thelegendofJohn117

Best Secondary Weapon  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best secondary weapon?

• Magum
    • Plasma Pistol
    • Boltshot

In my opinion it's the plasma pistol because not only can you take down shields with a charged shot, you can also use it to effectively stop vehicles. Maybe not the best for getting straight up kills, but definitely the best team weapon

Soo... You didn't vote then?

Boltshot is the "best" by quite a bit. Not to say the others don't have their uses. Plasma Pistol can have great utility, especially in Big Team. The magnum is a great compliment to an AR (Not going to touch on the actual usefulness of such a class).

But all in all, the BS allows you to pull some serious BS. And lets you do things no other loadout weapon can do. That often result in stupid double kills.

Plasma Pistol and Boltshot are best. If you play just one gametype/playlist you're going to find one pistol is much better than the others, but if you play different playlists it becomes more muddled.

For example:

Infinity Slayer Best: Boltshot

Big Team Infinity Slayer Best: Plasma Pistol (Worth mentioning that BTB had the biggest population of any playlist for awhile, even bigger than the standard 4v4. So more players would have been relying on the Plasma Pistol. It's also worth mentioning that the boltshot will be the worst in this playlist)

Regicide : Boltshot (But really you have a shot at using any of them, probably the magnum least)

TEAM Regicide: Plasma Pistol OR Boltshot, dropping overshields is often more valuable than having a baby shotgun, but equally often you might want a baby shotgun. If you're the king you might want a boltshot, if you're not you might want a plasma pistol. Get it?

Dominion: Plasma Pistol

King of the Hill: Probably the stupid magnum, even though it sucks. The ability to put down more accurate headshot fire just comes in more handy in KotH since everyone is constantly exploding. Really though you died to 'nade spam before you could switch to your secondary. I'm not even complaining about 'nade spam, that's just KotH for you. The boltshot seems like it'd be better because you get forced into CQC in the hill, but most people don't enter the hill until they've cleared it of enemies UNLESS they're relying on a CQC weapon (Sounds like a good way to die to FRIENDLY grenades)

Didn't comment on all playlists because I haven't played them all extensively.

For me this poll should have read: "Which secondary is the weakest?" because it's obvious to anyone who plays more than one playlist that the boltshot and PP are useful and the magnum is not. Even if you think the boltshot is OP, you will still find use for the Plasma Pistol. You will not find use for the magnum.

Why the hell did 343 make weapons take more shots to kill (Magnum used to be 5, now it's 6, BR used to be 4, now it's 5)? They didn't expand the clips at all either, so I guess they wanted everyone to spend a lot of time reloading. They probably thought you'd switch to a secondary instead, but all the secondaries fail in the role of primaries, so if you're out of ammo on your DMR you DO NOT switch to magnum because you're better off reloading. I've out-shot people with a magnum before when they had a BR or DMR, and it's funny, but it's also a joke, which it's not supposed to be.

Magnum all the way, unless vehicles.

Nothing better then using the DMR or BR to get 2 kills or getting the 2nd kill close and still having the ability to drop the next person. Also, I've found if you have the pistol out, and use the clip people have a false impression you are out of ammo and they re-challenge and meet a primed DMR or BR.

Magnum, Me and a Flag = DEADLY

There is a trip to the magnum, learn it and it's crazy good.

I'd have to go with the Magnum, because it''s the most versatile. Sure, the Boltshot's overcharge is horrifyingly powerful at close range and the Plasma Pistol can be more useful than a primary in certain situations, but the Magnum is the most effective in general: it's powerful, it's accurate at range and has a high rate of fire at close range, plus a fairly generous ammunition capacity, especially compared to the other two pistols.

Plasma Pistol since it serves an extra purpose than the Magnum or Bolt Shot. Dropping shields + Disabling Vehicles is good to have if your the type thats always on the run.

Boltshot is only good when your close to someone other than that its useless.

Magnum is a good pistol to kill someone with. Quite the powerful weapon.

Plasma Pistol. When your base is getting annihilated by a ghost and a mantis it really comes in handy to whip out a PP, EMP the mantis, hijack the mantis, and use the mantis to take out the ghost. Then when you find yourself playing on non-vehicular maps you can still use the PP's charged shot to bring somebodies shields down pretty quick for a quick head shot kill.

Plasma Pistol. When your base is getting annihilated by a ghost and a mantis it really comes in handy to whip out a PP, EMP the mantis, hijack the mantis, and use the mantis to take out the ghost. Then when you find yourself playing on non-vehicular maps you can still use the PP's charged shot to bring somebodies shields down pretty quick for a quick head shot kill.

Wait...

hijack the mantis

use the mantis to take out the ghost

Say whaaaaaaat?