Quitting is ridiculous in reach.

Konshens

I already said this in another post but i decided that it should have its own thread.

Before I say anything to complain about reach, I love the game and pretty much only play this for the xbox 360. But the big problem with the game is the amount of quitters in any game type, even arena no matter what I do. I think players who quit out of games should permanently be banned after quitting out of a certain amount of games, especially in arena. They should also put friendly fire on so people can't betray. That happens so much when teammates don't get to a power weapon before I do. I find it ridiculous that people either quit before the game starts or quit if the game starts 4 to 0. By far though, the worst part is that if everyone on your team quits and you stay, you either get r*ped by the other team and your rating ends up in the 600s or 700s, or you quit and then get banned for 10 minutes even though it wasn't your fault that you had to quit because you don't want to stay in the game and go negative 35 giving 2 people perfections. This once happened to me 3 games in a row. One person would quit before the map loaded and by the time the game starts everyone else but me quit. That is the biggest reason why i hate reach. Halo 2 and 3 had its quitters but not nearly as bad. I think instead of being banned for 10 minutes you should get all of the credits you were supposed to get in that game taken away from you. Also if the game is a 4 v 1, the game should reset back to 0 to 0 every time some one quits and the team that has 4 on it should have timed/alternating spawns that way it would be a 1v1 instead of 4v1 making it fair because it honestly isn't fair when everyone on your team quits and you don't want to but have no choice.

Does this happen to anyone else? If so? What are your opinions on the matter?

I quit if there is more than one armor locker in a match, or if I am going outside.

You should not be banned for having a social life outside Halo.

Anyway, turning friendly fire off would guarantee 3X grenade spamming and it is to much already. Friendly fire should be turned off when you had a power weapon so no one in your team could kill you.

• 2 weeks later...

The boot option was removed from living dead because of how sometimes when you kill a zombie it counts as a betrayal. I think there should % credits lost for people who quit games. Say I quit 5 games in a row after playing my first 95 games without quitting. I should lose about 10% of my credits from now on. If i quit 10 games after playing my first 90 without quitting I should lose 20% of my credits. This should be shown after every game when the game tallies up the game completion credits performance credits etc. So that they know what they're losing. Now some people will just turn over to afc'ing so you have to crack down on that. Make kdr's easily visible from the service record so people won't want to go in without playing. Make very harsh punishments for afc'ing like 1st time in a month 24h credit ban 2nd time 7day credit ban 3rd time 7 day halo reach ban. Thanks for reading.

There is definitely a problem with quitters and dear lord does it irk me when I get betrayed by my own teammate for havin a power weapon, though I can't say that this is a problem just with reach, pretty much every game I play I have a problem with quitters, some people just can't take losing.

reach definitely has the most quitters ive ever seen. its pathetic and i completely agree with the first statement saying that you hate getting raped by 4on1 and it really hurts your kd ratio. but you dont want to leave for fear of getting banned but you dont want to stay to get your ass handed to you and sometimes theres nowhere to hide for long enough. i wish the matchmaking system was like cod for that reason alone. as for team betrayals, thats bs too. its a RACE to the sniper. if i win that race, yay i now have sniper. but when people lose this race, they're bad losers and kill me until they get their weapon. now im pissed and spend the rest of the game betraying his ass or weakening their shields just to watch them die. i dont like doing this but in the end its all i can do as revenge. makes for ****ty gameplay

reach definitely has the most quitters ive ever seen. its pathetic and i completely agree with the first statement saying that you hate getting raped by 4on1 and it really hurts your kd ratio. but you dont want to leave for fear of getting banned but you dont want to stay to get your ass handed to you and sometimes theres nowhere to hide for long enough. i wish the matchmaking system was like cod for that reason alone. as for team betrayals, thats bs too. its a RACE to the sniper. if i win that race, yay i now have sniper. but when people lose this race, they're bad losers and kill me until they get their weapon. now im pissed and spend the rest of the game betraying his ass or weakening their shields just to watch them die. i dont like doing this but in the end its all i can do as revenge. makes for ****ty gameplay

Who hasn't done that, its annoying as balls when you grab power weapons and your team kills you, just cant stand it