Why Halo 2 ruined the game.

Before the flame begins,i was thinking today why all the other halo's except Halo 3 all were unpleasing to play since CE.Not counting for the fact of glitches and OP needler daul weilding,auto-aim.The mere fact it was made for more mainstream audience wasn't the issue.It was the fact that everyone who sucked at CE complained about the pistol.It changed everything.CE was the most balanced Halo and still is.You spawn with a weapon that you can defend yourself with in any situation if your better than your opponet you will come on top.Every weapon had its purpose of depending on the user.Shotgun could take down pistol close range,sniper long etc.Rockets were the only brain dead weapon and they balanced it with long reload time and capacity,but in Halo 2 you spawned with the BR a much dumbed down version and thus brought the beginning of power weapon whoring."I was the first one there so i get more kills then you." doesn't sounds like your really the better player(Lol sword one hit kills that has a homing range on red)Every Halo has followed this collapse.It's sad.I wondered how much the game would have been better if they just re-skinned the pistol as a BR and THEN put that sorry excuse for a secondary pistol that they did in Halo 2.Halo 2 ruined the game because you will always bee short-handed in most situation then being able to defend yourself in all of them.The only weapon that didn't get alot of love was the AR,but it was the best camping weapon next to the shotgun.You might say Halo 2 sold more copies and had XBL...but so what.

• Like 1

Before the flame begins,i was thinking today why all the other halo's except Halo 3 all were unpleasing to play since CE.Not counting for the fact of glitches and OP needler daul weilding,auto-aim.The mere fact it was made for more mainstream audience wasn't the issue.It was the fact that everyone who sucked at CE complained about the pistol.It changed everything.CE was the most balanced Halo and still is.You spawn with a weapon that you can defend yourself with in any situation if your better than your opponet you will come on top.Every weapon had its purpose of depending on the user.Shotgun could take down pistol close range,sniper long etc.Rockets were the only brain dead weapon and they balanced it with long reload time and capacity,but in Halo 2 you spawned with the BR a much dumbed down version and thus brought the beginning of power weapon whoring."I was the first one there so i get more kills then you." doesn't sounds like your really the better player(Lol sword one hit kills that has a homing range on red)Every Halo has followed this collapse.It's sad.I wondered how much the game would have been better if they just re-skinned the pistol as a BR and THEN put that sorry excuse for a secondary pistol that they did in Halo 2.Halo 2 ruined the game because you will always bee short-handed in most situation then being able to defend yourself in all of them.The only weapon that didn't get alot of love was the AR,but it was the best camping weapon next to the shotgun.You might say Halo 2 sold more copies and had XBL...but so what.

Lol, I stopped trying to give you the benefit of doubt after the first 'pistol' mention. You are just one of a few people who could not be weaned off of your love for the pistol so you decide to go to the H2 forum and chant for CE. The rest of your post was just you describing CE, none of your points besides the pistol made a case for H2 ruining Halo. The pistol, it's always the pistol!

I think MS and Bungie might disagree with your 'ruined' comment. Bungie was happy and MS is still making a ton of money off of Halo in general.

This post, and all the comments are biased and are opinion based. Bring me some statistics and compare all of the weapons from CE to whatever other game you decide to compare it to, whether it be 4, 3, 2 or ODST. If you give an accurate well written topic with compare & contrast on the weapons and maps, then I will believe you.

As for me, however, I decide to differ in your OPINION.

My reasoning is that All the other Halos had some form of multi-player enjoyment that was national, and not restricted to LAN.Another big factor is that Halo CE has no DLC, it was made and abandoned by the developers. Your argument,

"I was the first one there so i get more kills then you."

has no support, because in Halo CE the maps all had weapons which you could pick up, in fact, in Halo 4 they converted to a better system of ordinance, where if you get a certain amount of points, you can drop a random power weapon to help you continue your spree. In Halo 2, Halo 3, etc. you would spawn with a default weapon, obviously, so you could say the exact same about the pistol. You have a weapon you can kill people with the same as they can kill you with. There's no actual backbone to what you said, only assumptions because you think since the gun you spawn with is more accurate it takes more skill.

Let me just say that if you want a game where you just shoot people and can get any gun (including your love of the pistol)with no weapon placement, play Call Of Duty and convert your religion while you're at it.

• 2 weeks later...