Nice, people don't want to play properly

SSFrog

And by properly, I mean they join FFA, KotH, oddball, etc.. matches and simply go for kills. That's not the point of the match. If you want kills, then go play slayer!

This is retarded, all you got is like 4 guys going invisible scoping in on the circle and getting kills. I'm just trying to play an objective game for fun, and these @$$holes need to ruin.

It should be set so if you don't have a single point, you don't deserve to count any of your kills in those matches.

Or better yet, the more points you have in koth or oddball, the more of your kills count.

Something needs to be done because the system is already broken and it ain't any fun.

And by properly, I mean they join FFA, KotH, oddball, etc.. matches and simply go for kills. That's not the point of the match. If you want kills, then go play slayer!

This is retarded, all you got is like 4 guys going invisible scoping in on the circle and getting kills. I'm just trying to play an objective game for fun, and these @$$holes need to ruin.

It should be set so if you don't have a single point, you don't deserve to count any of your kills in those matches.

Or better yet, the more points you have in koth or oddball, the more of your kills count.

Something needs to be done because the system is already broken and it ain't any fun.

There's really no way to implement a system like that because there are a lot of strategic things that people do that would require them to not get any points. Also, it's possible to hold the ball the whole game. I know what you mean and it's freaking annoying, but you cant really change people's attitudes. :/

I agree it is bull****. But FFA has always been like that and not just in Halo. Maybe its worse now, thats why K/D should not be factored into objective games. I have K/D of 2.03 so I'm not saying it because I'm getting my ass kicked, I'm saying it sucks getting shot in the back when you're rushing the objective by people who don't score a point the entire game.

Well in the case of of a single person carrying the skull the entire game, the system would realize that no one else scored.

Its not as important as just trying to single and boot the lame jerks who use the gametypes to increase their K/D numbers, its pathetic, and it ruins the game.

There's really no way to implement a system like that because there are a lot of strategic things that people do that would require them to not get any points. Also, it's possible to hold the ball the whole game. I know what you mean and it's freaking annoying, but you cant really change people's attitudes. :/

I agree, very much so.

People like this are rather annoying, but this is why you must find good friends to play with. A system can not possibly be implemented in such a way due to strategies that teams may use. I, for one, do not ever get in the hill because I can kill a lot better than most of my team mates, therefore I defend them while they are in a marked area for everyone to see.

Agreed. That's pretty blunt. It's part of the game. How they choose to play is up to them.

While this is true with Team KoTH, the greater problem is people who play FFA KoTH and literally lob grenades into the Hill, but never make any type of move to score actual points.

It's frustrating for other players who actually want to play the objective.

I did this quite a lot in Halo 3 in the multi team playlist. I liked doing it mainly because the matches last a lot longer then regular slayer games. I don't do it anymore though because FFA Throwback isn't fun and KotH in that playlist is a nade fest and I don't like oddball cause people just throw the ball of the map all the time. Plus I've been getting more kills in Big Team Slayer.

Objective style games are MEANT to be played properly, if your going in and sniping every guy who walks around and only doing it for the fun of killing people, then you arent even trying, atleast go to slayer or something. They should have a penalty for this... HOWEVER it would be impossible to enforce

Objective style games are MEANT to be played properly, if your going in and sniping every guy who walks around and only doing it for the fun of killing people, then you arent even trying, atleast go to slayer or something. They should have a penalty for this... HOWEVER it would be impossible to enforce

*points to my post above* Eh? ;)

Don't get a single point in any objective game for 5 whole games? BAN! They should do this.

But the problem with this is if they implemented it then you'd have everybody going into the hill for a single point, and then doing what they do anyway. Same thing with the oddball, they'd attempt to grab it, score a point, and then drop it and go back to what they were doing. So how do we fix this?

Yeah I hate it when I play objective and no ones actually playing objective :(

Find better people to play with... Oh my god, I know this is hard for half the community because it requires communicating between one another but then again, I see that no one uses a MIC so, isn't this partial EVERYONE's fault?

Well regardless of if I like this or not, I just make a team with people who want to play like me. Then I know that all of my team mates are on the same page as I am. If i just jump in the game with randoms, then I'm expecting everyone to just play how they feel like playing. If we win we win, if we don't we don't. If i cared that much about winning or my k/d spread then I would absolutely never play with randoms.

There isn't a proper or improper way to play. If they choose to just get kills then that's a loss on their record.

I guess its not since it won't publicly show they didn't get the hill or ball points, but their KD will go up.

News flash, kills are a major part in objectives. Just put down the game at some pawn shop and leave us to play it the way we want.

Kills are obvious to get your objective. But kills to get kills and ignoring the objective is pretty much proof that you probably can't do much outside those matches.

Agreed. That's pretty blunt. It's part of the game. How they choose to play is up to them.

Super. I'll start killing my teammates from now because I can and that's what I want to do. If you're on my team, too bad. If you won't get punished then neither will I.