Ideas for Other Halo Games Part 2

Goldfish Lord

Here's the second segment of my ideas for other Halo games.

2) A game that covers the first contact with the Covenant

This is not really "my" idea, but I thought I'd add it anyway.

You could play as Master Chief in this game, as he became ready for combat when he was 14, in 2525, the same year the war with the Covenant began. Keep in mind that though he is young, he would have the voice and body of an adult due to his augmentation. With armor on, he would look the same. However, perhaps the first mission, or the "intro mission", can either be an extended cutscene showing the demise of the Harvest Colony, or you play as a marine on Harvest, who will of course die at the end of the mission.

The armor of Spartans at this point in the story doesn't have energy shielding, so gameplay would be fun.

If the game is to remain faithful to the games and the books, the Covenant races present in this game should be:

Grunts

Jackals

Brutes -added thanks to a correction by Prophet of Regret

Elites (not initially known to the humans)

Hunters (discovered by humans even after Elites, specifically by John-117 and his team)

Drones and Brutes were not seen in-game until Halo 2. Engineer were not seen until ODST, which begins after Halo 2, but ends before Halo 2 does.

Tell me what you think.

I guess to throw another idea out there although I wont go in depth ( it's late/early morning ), would be an Ancient Human-Forerunner game, add a little bit more to the lore specifically for that time period. Since seeing the terminals in Halo 4, it's got me excited to hear and see more of those ancient events but we may see more of it in H5 or H6? so... Who knows.

Heck, throw in a Precursor - Forerunner game. It's just more expansion for the Halo universe and we rarely hear much of the Precursor's ( or at least I haven't ), I'd love to see a physical life form of them.

Yet at the same time I'd rather not have all the details thrown at us... leave much of the lore to speculation and allow fans to imagine/theorize their own opinions. It keeps the Halo universe mysterious and a lot more interesting.

Nice idea by the way, Chief when he was 14. I'd imagine not too different from the FUD web series in terms of character. We'd also to see blue team together? <3.

Yeah, Prophet of Regret, you're right. I'm reading through the books now, but I haven't made it to Harvest yet.

I like you're idea Degenerate Spartan. I haven't thought about Forerunner games because I'm waiting to see how the current series plays out, but a prequel would be pretty neat. Like a Forerunner vs. Flood game. Also, of course Blue Team would be in the game! Couldn't do it without them.

This idea is not as attractive to me, however, the idea with the marine on First Contact as being a prologue is interesting. Personally, I would support this, as it adds character to a story and it really makes it unpredictable once you know that your character can die. Perhaps, you could play through many different viewpoints, allowing the timeframe to expand to cover a long period of history.