Spartan Ops

Admiral Ackbar

I love the concept of Spartan Ops. I was really excited when I first found out about it. However, the first time I played I was let down. Maybe my expectations were too high? We're now on the 4th Episode and I'm still not wowed by it. The story line is pretty cool, it has great potential. But the game play is lacking.

The game play is just so bland. They put in you in the middle of a bunch of enemies and say 'Go'. It doesn't take any skill to play, you can die an infinite times and doesn't matter. There's no reason that everyone doesn't beat each episode on Legendary because there is little skill involved.

Another frustrating thing are the spawn points. I don't know how many times I spawn surrounded by enemies. A lot of time invisible Elites or having a Wraith staring me down.

The missions seem to drag on too. When you finally think it's over more drop pods are put down. It seems like the story line wasn't thought out enough, and to compensate they just added a mess load of enemies.

Again I like the concept of Spartan Ops. It has great potential. Am I the only one who feels this way?

• Like 2

Yeah, these are also my feelings, alas. I know it is born for multiplayer, but i'd like to play it on solo too. Problem is....it's extremely boring. "Go here, activate this, oh no, kill the bad guys, go there, activate that, good job".

Have you ever wonder: "Why didn't they put this storyline...into campaign?"

I don't think this story line would fit in the campaign story line. I get making Spartan Ops separate from the rest of the game. Even with multiplayer on Spartan Ops, it wasn't that fun. Each chapter lasted like 10 minutes on legendary with 4 player co-op. By myself it doesn't take much longer than that on legendary.

I just think they should have made the Episodes longer. Maybe had some different objectives besides pushing random buttons. I did really like how in Episode Three they integrated the multiplayer maps. That was pretty cool. I'm not usually a fan of that, but it worked pretty good.

I don't think this story line would fit in the campaign story line. I get making Spartan Ops separate from the rest of the game. Even with multiplayer on Spartan Ops, it wasn't that fun. Each chapter lasted like 10 minutes on legendary with 4 player co-op. By myself it doesn't take much longer than that on legendary.

Yeah actually i meant just the Jul 'Mdama storyline, not the whole plot.

• 1 month later...