Jul 'Mdama needs more for Halo 5

Jul 'Mdama

After watching episode 4 of Spartan Ops I'm curious as to when if ever 343i lets the player become aware of the fact he is not all that religious as he makes himself look like. But I guess they are saving that for later on as it would likely be considered a major plot twist. Anyway it seems Mdama wants to free another forerunner trapped on Requiem and needs the captured scientist to help free it.

I just finished Episode 4 of Spartan Ops and Mdama was carrying a 'device' called the Didact's Gift. It's definitly not a slipspace device as he lost it while jumping to another location. I wonder if it has something to do with 'awakening' the 'machine' (The Forerunner thing) in the cutscene.

As we talk about Mdama and his forces. His forces are very religious and aren't aware of the recent events in the galaxy, aren't they? That's why Mdama manipulated these Sangheili (and the other Covies) for his cause. But why do his forces still follow Mdama's orders as the Didact is one of their gods? Why are they still staying at Requiem helping Mdama and not their god the Didact with destroying the humans?

I cannoit wait vor Episode 5. These questions have to be answered. :D

I just finished Episode 4 of Spartan Ops and Mdama was carrying a 'device' called the Didact's Gift. It's definitly not a slipspace device as he lost it while jumping to another location. I wonder if it has something to do with 'awakening' the 'machine' (The Forerunner thing) in the cutscene.

As we talk about Mdama and his forces. His forces are very religious and aren't aware of the recent events in the galaxy, aren't they? That's why Mdama manipulated these Sangheili (and the other Covies) for his cause. But why do his forces still follow Mdama's orders as the Didact is one of their gods? Why are they still staying at Requiem helping Mdama and not their god the Didact with destroying the humans?

I cannoit wait vor Episode 5. These questions have to be answered. :D

When Mdama found his forces they were not aware of the events that took place in Halo 3. Mdama basically said he knew how to find Requiem and the Didact so they followed his word. But you have to wonder why none of his troops wonder why the Prophets are not leading them so I think Mdama has caught them up to speed on current events to a extent. As for your question on why the storm covenant still listen to Mdama instead of all of their ships following the Didact to Earth. If you remember Mdama is being referered to as the Didact's hand, I don't know if Mdama has had a personal talk with the Didact or not. Seems they would of about had to since the Didact would of needed someone to give his orders to the covenant for him. I assume the Didact told Mdama to give a handful of his forces to him to take to Eath and the rest could stay on Requiem to keep the place secure for his return.

Your answer clears things up for me, thanks. (I haven't read any Halo books, so my main source is Halopedia. ;))

But then, how could Didact underestimate the humans? He failed to destroy the Infinity on Requiem with his own and Covenant forces, he needed the Covenant to help him retrieve the Composer, but he still thinks he can destroy all humans on his own without any Covenant backup defending his ship? That's just weird.

Your answer clears things up for me, thanks. (I haven't read any Halo books, so my main source is Halopedia. ;))

But then, how could Didact underestimate the humans? He failed to destroy the Infinity on Requiem with his own and Covenant forces, he needed the Covenant to help him retrieve the Composer, but he still thinks he can destroy all humans on his own without any Covenant backup defending his ship? That's just weird.

Yeah that seemed strange to me too, but probably because when the Ancient Humans fought the Forerunners the technology was more advanced than the present humans, so maybe he thought he could handle everything with his ship.

No problem, and the Didact likely felt that once he had the composer he could not be stopped. So it was likely just a case of him underestimating the humans.

Yeah that seemed strange to me too, but probably because when the Ancient Humans fought the Forerunners the technology was more advanced than the present humans, so maybe he thought he could handle everything with his ship.

Honestly I think the Covenant didnt follow him to Earth because of his use of the Composer on the station. I dont think the device is able to tell the difference between humans and and the Covenant. I mean the Forerunners used it on themselves so it stands to reason that it would bake the Covenant as well. Perhaps he just nuked everybody and turned them all into Promethean AIs. Then with his personal forces replenished he figured he could take Earth and nobody would be able to stop him.

I mean hell his ship took the full force of the Infinity's main battery with only a "little" hole (relative to the size of the ship) to show for it. That kind of says something about the ships actual power in terms of durability. So perhaps he could have taken Earth and nobody could stop him. Also if he wanted he could have just used the Composer on any UNSC ships and stations to take care of them quickly.

Also, Mdama may have kept his forces back because the Didact wasnt interested in giving the Covenant technology, weapons and ships. They were a means to his own end. By staying at Requiem he had a better chance at getting Forerunner tech for himself. Plus in the new Spartan Ops vid they say they may have found the Librarian, so they may try to get the tech from her.

Interesting to see 343 has not forgot about him. If he ends up dying in SO though I will be very upset. He needs to be in future games, I don't see him as simply a bad guy, if you know his story then you know him being captured by ONI gives him a legit reason to want to rage war with humans also to point out that apparently his armor has been painted with white hand marks to show his status as the didact's hand.

I was wondering what all that white paint was about.

Honestly I think the Covenant didnt follow him to Earth because of his use of the Composer on the station. I dont think the device is able to tell the difference between humans and and the Covenant. I mean the Forerunners used it on themselves so it stands to reason that it would bake the Covenant as well. Perhaps he just nuked everybody and turned them all into Promethean AIs. Then with his personal forces replenished he figured he could take Earth and nobody would be able to stop him.

I mean hell his ship took the full force of the Infinity's main battery with only a "little" hole (relative to the size of the ship) to show for it. That kind of says something about the ships actual power in terms of durability. So perhaps he could have taken Earth and nobody could stop him. Also if he wanted he could have just used the Composer on any UNSC ships and stations to take care of them quickly.

Also, Mdama may have kept his forces back because the Didact wasnt interested in giving the Covenant technology, weapons and ships. They were a means to his own end. By staying at Requiem he had a better chance at getting Forerunner tech for himself. Plus in the new Spartan Ops vid they say they may have found the Librarian, so they may try to get the tech from her.

Nah, i don't think the Covies were scared of the Composer. Yes, it cannot tell the difference, but i suppose they knew that the Didact wasn't going to compose them. And probably he didn't used it against the UNSC vessels because of the long time the Composer needed to be activated. Thus the ships are probably faster than the Didact's vessel.

Correct on the last part.

Nah, i don't think the Covies were scared of the Composer. Yes, it cannot tell the difference, but i suppose they knew that the Didact wasn't going to compose them. And probably he didn't used it against the UNSC vessels because of the long time the Composer needed to be activated. Thus the ships are probably faster than the Didact's vessel.

Correct on the last part.

I dont know, I didnt see much in hesitation in the use of the Composer when he first took hold of it. And I doubt the Didact really cared if he composed the Covenant who were on the station as well as the humans. Which is why I see it as an explaination for why they didnt follow the Didact to Earth.

Also I think the time lag the Composer had when he was targeting Earth would have been because he was going for global coverage so power needs as well as coverage pattern codes would have slowed down its firing. Unlike the more focused use on the station around Installation 03.

This isnt to say your not correct nor that I am correct. It is entirely speculation and personal opinion.

I dont know, I didnt see much in hesitation in the use of the Composer when he first took hold of it. And I doubt the Didact really cared if he composed the Covenant who were on the station as well as the humans. Which is why I see it as an explaination for why they didnt follow the Didact to Earth.

Also I think the time lag the Composer had when he was targeting Earth would have been because he was going for global coverage so power needs as well as coverage pattern codes would have slowed down its firing. Unlike the more focused use on the station around Installation 03.

This isnt to say your not correct nor that I am correct. It is entirely speculation and personal opinion.

It might be. Indeed he needed more power to compose an entire planet instead of a single research station.

In my opinion, the Covies didn't followed him on Earth with a masive fleet for two reasons: first, they thought the Didact's ship was able to protect herself (which is true, but they didn't expected an attack from the inside); second, Jul was more interested to find the "treasures" like ships and whatelse hidden by the Forerunners. Not sure on the "librarian thing", i'll just wait next episode for speculations.

Didnt think about that, but the Didact isn't dead(watch the epilogue, and he can't be composed). Maybe the Didact will just be a huge threat gaining power in Halo 5, while Jul is terrorizing everyone. Like Voldemort in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

The Order of the Pheonix doesnt match jul mdama at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Amigos, y en lo personal el Covenat tormenta tanto en la campaña como en Spartan Ops son relativamente débiles, eso no se compara con los dolores de cabeza que te daba el Covenat en las entregas de Bungie, los Spartan IV son notablemente inferiores a los proyectos de Halsey (Spartan I - II y III)...y podemos apreciar tanto en el juego mismo como en los capítulos de Spartan Ops que  la superioridad tanto de los Marines como de los Spartan IV (Enanos debiluchos esos) sobre los Shengeili y el resto del Covenat es mucho mas que la que se muestra en las secuelas anteriores (Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3, Halo Wars)...de Halo donde se supone y los Spartan era mas eficientes, en Covenat me pareció realmente un asco...y hablando de Jul 'Mdama

pues, su representación gráfica no estuvo nada mal, pero tanto su desempeño en el juego como, como en la historia es de igual forma pésima y limitada...lo muestran como un personaje débil y cobarde cuando la realidad de este no es así, si se documentan sobre el actual líder del Covenat tormenta podemos ver una gran habilidad en el combate principalmente con la espada, al parecer estamos en la minoría pero daré mi opinión como seguidor de la saga de Halo...me parece muy arrogante y grosera la condición de la comandante Sarah Palmer hacia el Covenat, no estaría mal que Jul le diera una muestra del poder de los Shengeili a esa presumida...para el halo 5 con la colaboración de la doctora Halsey de parte del Covenat espero mucho mas desempeño por parte de este, por supuesto creo que Jul debe un poco mas de protagonismo como villano de la saga de Halo de 343 (Considero en mi opinión Halo termina en Halo 3)...y al igual que todo esperamos mucho mas de Jul para la siguiente entrega...