Halo 4: DLC Ideas

grogpole

Just wanted to see what you guys would like to see in upcoming downloadble content for Halo 4.

Personally I would like to see:

The return of Halo 1+2+3+Reach+ODST Vechicles, Weapons and Armor

Infected armor pieces (i.e More Flood Armor)

Underwater maps (also the ability to swim, if not then simply to be able to go into water in maybe some kind of Scuba Mantis)

Playable Elites agian

Back body armor: Swords, Katana's, Machetes etc. (could play a part in assassinations) Flags on poles, bags of skulls (think Predator)

Customizable styles for your Jetpack

The return of bigger Forge Maps

The Ultimate Map Pack: Every map, ever released on every Halo game. Ever. Even DLC ones. (Excluding Wars)

Firefight's return

Duel-Wielding (Probably not a good idea on the whole, but you never know...)

Damaged armor i.e Needler rounds stuck in it or a crack visor, it would look kick-ass!

More Armor's to unlock past level 50 and just more in general

More Specializations (and with that, more ranks to get to)

Playable Brutes(?)

Forerunner Armor (One of the top on my list)

More armor abilites Stun, Tether (i.e Didact force choke) Teleportation ( perfect for n00bs -_- )

AND.....

Blood Gulch.

Any more ideas that I have I will post on here. Oh, and if anyone from 343i sees this post, Please do consider these ideas to prehaps put in, or just ignore them as the ramblings of a crazed fan-boy. Ether way, thanks for making such a fantastic a astounding game for us to cheirsh and enjoy.

Mh. Halo 1 Armors, Vehicles and Weapons are already in Halo 4. And for God's sake no more AA! And surely not those you mentioned, it would ruin the whole Multy experience, wich i'm gladly enjoying. Playable Brutes? Not in my opinion, i mean, it's nonsense. Forerunner armor would be awesome, but i'm sure they're putting it in H5. Also Firefight's return would be great, or just put S-Ops available to everyone (i'm not saying free, i'm saying available). Underwater maps, well that's an interesting idea, but...no swimming.

Mh. Halo 1 Armors, Vehicles and Weapons are already in Halo 4. And for God's sake no more AA! And surely not those you mentioned, it would ruin the whole Multy experience, wich i'm gladly enjoying. Playable Brutes? Not in my opinion, i mean, it's nonsense. Forerunner armor would be awesome, but i'm sure they're putting it in H5. Also Firefight's return would be great, or just put S-Ops available to everyone (i'm not saying free, i'm saying available). Underwater maps, well that's an interesting idea, but...no swimming.

You put out some very good points actully :P I would just like to see more armor abilities to mix it up, but to be honest I think the ones at the moment are great, I think it would be nice just to have maybe one or two that cannot be exploited like armor lock. The Brutes idea is just a pipe dream for me, I just think it would be awsome to be able to play as more races in MP. Honetly I kinda think Brutes are too big to be playable charecters anyway soooo...ya. And yes I desperatly want Forerunner armor ever since I saw the Didacts. Yes underwater maps should be a definate, but your right, no swimming ( I've been watching to many Crysis 2 videos probably...) But I would really like to see a kind of Underwater Mantis-type vehicle. Since I've alsways been frustrated by the water being such a barrier to super soliders who can jump through the stratosphere. If they can do that, why can't the take a quick dip? Even if it is in a metal super tub...

The remakes on H3 and Reach didnt quite feel right, but i would love to see a remake of Lockout from H2, or something very simular.

LOCKOUT! YES! If nothing else please let them put Lockout back in!

The Pit,Narrows,Guardian,Construct,Lockout,Midship and some of the MLG Custom maps from Halo 3 need to come back.

An Ultimate Map pack would be great but I think after a while the gimmick of having every map would wear off.We need to learn callouts for every map in the game already so until the game is established remakes should be on the back burner. I would love 343 if they made more remakes as Ragnarok is pure excellence.

For some more DLC I guess the option to have firefight would be great, I mean it was a very fun game mode.

Spartan Ops proves that 343 will give us great content and free to boot. Spartan Ops really keeps the game fresh for me when I want to warm my aim up before multiplayer.

Elites in Multiplayer would annoy me tbh.I think 343 have made a great game that doesn't need the Elites.However if they were restricted to certain gametypes like they were in Reach(mainly invasion and BTB) then I think that's a great idea. But I do not want it across the board and re-live the days of trying to get my 50 and the other team were all Elites I could barely 4 shot.

The Pit,Narrows,Guardian,Construct,Lockout,Midship and some of the MLG Custom maps from Halo 3 need to come back.

An Ultimate Map pack would be great but I think after a while the gimmick of having every map would wear off.We need to learn callouts for every map in the game already so until the game is established remakes should be on the back burner. I would love 343 if they made more remakes as Ragnarok is pure excellence.

For some more DLC I guess the option to have firefight would be great, I mean it was a very fun game mode.

Spartan Ops proves that 343 will give us great content and free to boot. Spartan Ops really keeps the game fresh for me when I want to warm my aim up before multiplayer.

Elites in Multiplayer would annoy me tbh.I think 343 have made a great game that doesn't need the Elites.However if they were restricted to certain gametypes like they were in Reach(mainly invasion and BTB) then I think that's a great idea. But I do not want it across the board and re-live the days of trying to get my 50 and the other team were all Elites I could barely 4 shot.

Agreed, I would not expect all of those classic maps to come back, but if at least one of those maps were to be remade and added to the map pool I would be happy. I however do not like remakes of those large maps (Hemerrage, and Valhalla) although I imagine fans of BTB would/do enjoy them. If I had to choose just a single map it would be guardian, but since I do see that guardian might not lend itself very well to sprint/armor abilities I think construct would fit into halo 4 nicely with minimal changes (Heck I want them both :P).

Any DLC that would contain any of these maps I know would be very popular, I don't think you could find many halo fans that wouldn't want to play The Pit, or Lockout in halo 4. I don't think I could say the same for any of the remake in H4 so far, or even in Reach.

These two are the main ones that I agree with. The armor in Halo 4 was very disapointing. Some of the helmets look horrible. Scanner, Warmaster, and some others look nothing like what a spartan would wear.

The larger fore maps also need to be implemented. I am tired of running into walls while forging. There are also too many structures on the maps such as the walls in the ground on ravine, the base on impact, and the tower on erosion. The only place I have found enough space to forge is in the air on impact.

How are we even supposed to create Dominion maps? Nothing we make will be big enough.

Since I've alsways been frustrated by the water being such a barrier to super soliders who can jump through the stratosphere. If they can do that, why can't the take a quick dip? Even if it is in a metal super tub...

Indeed.

But if they make some underwater maps, they should limitate them underwater. A mix of earth and water maps would be terrible. Can you imagine a sniper, hiding in water, shooting at those on the surface?

Indeed.

But if they make some underwater maps, they should limitate them underwater. A mix of earth and water maps would be terrible. Can you imagine a sniper, hiding in water, shooting at those on the surface?

Fair enough I suppose....But I was mostly refering to having the maps set underwater, maybe in a research base or something, and you could only go out into the see in specificially designed vehicles.

Fair enough I suppose....But I was mostly refering to having the maps set underwater, maybe in a research base or something, and you could only go out into the see in specificially designed vehicles.

Yes, this would be a great addition to the gameplay, imo. And this could be used also for space maps, like, if you want, you can take a Broadsword or a Pelican and go out and fight against others...maybe like Star Wars Battlefront, with two ships of the UNSC engaging battle and you can board one or just fight in the space.... *dream*

Yes, this would be a great addition to the gameplay, imo. And this could be used also for space maps, like, if you want, you can take a Broadsword or a Pelican and go out and fight against others...maybe like Star Wars Battlefront, with two ships of the UNSC engaging battle and you can board one or just fight in the space.... *dream*

YES! Space battles for mulitplayer has to be a must!

• Like 1

Just wanted to see what you guys would like to see in upcoming downloadble content for Halo 4.

Personally I would like to see:

Infected armor pieces (i.e More Flood Armor)

Underwater maps (also the ability to swim, if not then simply to be able to go into water in maybe some kind of Scuba Mantis)

Playable Elites agian

Back body armor: Swords, Katana's, Machetes etc. (could play a part in assassinations) Flags on poles, bags of skulls (think Predator)

Customizable styles for your Jetpack

The Ultimate Map Pack: Every map, ever released on every Halo game. Ever. Even DLC ones. (Excluding Wars)

Firefight's return

Duel-Wielding (Probably not a good idea on the whole, but you never know...)

Damaged armor i.e Needler rounds stuck in it or a crack visor, it would look kick-ass!

More Armor's to unlock past level 50 and just more in general

More Specializations (and with that, more ranks to get to)

Playable Brutes(?)

Forerunner Armor (One of the top on my list)

More armor abilites Stun, Tether (i.e Didact force choke) Teleportation ( perfect for n00bs -_- )

AND.....

Blood Gulch.

Any more ideas that I have I will post on here. Oh, and if anyone from 343i sees this post, Please do consider these ideas to prehaps put in, or just ignore them as the ramblings of a crazed fan-boy. Ether way, thanks for making such a fantastic a astounding game for us to cheirsh and enjoy.

Okay so now ive got more ideas:

More in-depth customizable armor i.e choose specifically what colour one shoulder could be etc...

Firefights return or something similar

More machinima friendly options i.e ability to place enimes in forge and control them, older makes of armors, vehicles and weapons that arn't avaible in halo 4 at all, charecters from all the Halo games avalible for use and control in forge, story mode maps from all Halos avalible in forge too etc...

UNSC flying vehcles returned

More armor...

• 2 months later...

Okay so now ive got more ideas:

More in-depth customizable armor i.e choose specifically what colour one shoulder could be etc...

Firefights return or something similar

More machinima friendly options i.e ability to place enimes in forge and control them, older makes of armors, vehicles and weapons that arn't avaible in halo 4 at all, charecters from all the Halo games avalible for use and control in forge, story mode maps from all Halos avalible in forge too etc...

UNSC flying vehcles returned

More armor...

I must say, you have quite an imagination, sir. It would be simply awesome to control a Sgt. Johnson fighting a grunt :awesome: That would be really useful for machinima makers. 343, if you are reading this topic, please listen to him!