Don't make the REACH MISTAKE

RELLIK PIR

No one touches the sniper anymore cus it replaces it. it's incredibly unbalanced.

Except on Solace, where its a race to get the sniper and kill the enemy trying to get theirs.

just give everyone inf ammo binary rifles while your at it.

Endless Clip Binary Rifles with no laser while zoomed.

you adapt to the gameplay, but if adapting to the gameplay involves deteriorating of the games variety and strategies then balancing needs implemented. atm if we just adapt or die, most of the time eveyrone will just use DMRs. which is bad.

Or they could learn to love the BR, which in short/medium range averages about the same. With a range buff it'd average as well as the DMR at long range too, but right now it just doesn't shoot accurately as far as the DMR does.

A small buff to a the br is infact a better idea then a nerf to the dmr

no, the BR already has a rea of effect in medium range, the DMR encroaches on that, ergo, nerf the DMR. hell its a marksmen rifle, not really meant for medium and def not close range. yet it out perfors the BR, a weapon suited to those distances, better. you buff the BR, you just have 2 OP guns.

• Like 2

I actually thought Reach had good weapon balance. Grenades and armour abilities aside, I never encountered a situation in which i was angry at a weapon, or thought it was too powerful.

I thought bloom was fine, as it did help make people who took their shots and aim carefully the victors of exchanges at long ranges. Not sure how it would fare now that there are 2 other fairly similar ranged weapons. It's certainly tricky. I think having some sort of fall off damage at certain ranges and having the DMR have the least fall-off damage, while slowing it's fire rate a bit would help make it good for longer ranges, and give the other rifles their spot.

no, the BR already has a rea of effect in medium range, the DMR encroaches on that, ergo, nerf the DMR. hell its a marksmen rifle, not really meant for medium and def not close range. yet it out perfors the BR, a weapon suited to those distances, better. you buff the BR, you just have 2 OP guns.

OW NOSE I GOT NO SCOPED BY A SNIPER. BETTER NERF IT SO YOU CAN"T SHOOT IT UNSCOPED AND BRING BACK DESCOPING(I actually think it does need to come back). So because people can kill you with it and it is more powerful than weapons designed for that range even though it is FAR more difficult to handle in that way. It should be nerfed so we can play ROCK PAPER SCISSORS.

Wow @ whoever said that bloom alone lost Reach millions of fans... That's a very deluded view indeed. Almost as deluded as the guy who came in this foum here rantIng about how all of a sudden halo 4 had ruined the shield system by making head and body shots do equal shield damage... Lol

You just compared Facts with Idiots ranting. Bloom was first intraduced in REACH and reach failed and most people agree it was the worst title mostly do to bloom. If you had halo friends you might know this. I've known some local players since halo 2 and my BF from intruduced me to HCE. That other thing I also read has been how halo has always worked. Always..

There's so much animosity in this community, is everyone aware of that? Not just Halo or 343, i play LoL and WoWMoP, Fifa and Forza, but all only recently, I had a life before a few years ago... i'm talking about the gaming community. Are all gamers so eager to disprove themselves? You're all banging on about sales figures and records and mods and patches and blooms and nerfs and ALL THIS ****. Talk about the gun?

The DMR is an efficient weapon at mid to long range, bested only by AR and BR (of the load out weapons) in close range combat. That it can remove a sniper who has unwittingly crouched 2 steps too far past that rock, is what puts this game at a level for those of us that know how to shoot a face, but don't exactly take the game seriously enough to rush the spawn points.

lol i give up, you obviously have no care for balance and will just keep parroting your same old spin like a chicken with its head cut off. enjoy living in disillusionment.

You got defeated by the same old spin. So your argument was so weak I could say the "same thing" over and over and you couldn't rebut it because your argument is plain and simple Rock paper Scissors gameplay where the game is slow boring and random because everyone just camps in their range with their weapon instead of having everyone with the same or similar weapons and letting other factors decide the winner based around player skill not which weapon they are holding.

There's so much animosity in this community, is everyone aware of that? Not just Halo or 343, i play LoL and WoWMoP, Fifa and Forza, but all only recently, I had a life before a few years ago... i'm talking about the gaming community. Are all gamers so eager to disprove themselves? You're all banging on about sales figures and records and mods and patches and blooms and nerfs and ALL THIS ****. Talk about the gun?

The DMR is an efficient weapon at mid to long range, bested only by AR and BR (of the load out weapons) in close range combat. That it can remove a sniper who has unwittingly crouched 2 steps too far past that rock, is what puts this game at a level for those of us that know how to shoot a face, but don't exactly take the game seriously enough to rush the spawn points.

If you'd read the whole posting battle, the DMR actually kills faster at all ranges than any other loadout weapon besides the scoped in Light Rifle. One of the guys posted the kill times. DMR is slightly over-powered, that's all. The fool in here started pulling out non-related sales figures and opinion's he deemed as facts.

I'm an Halo 2 fanboy. That game really pushed the franchise to a whole new level along with the competitive scene. Now alot of people don't mention the glitching of the primary tool of choice, aka BR, also had an impact in the multiplayer experience. For instance, BxR and Double-shotting were deemed 'cheating' and 'unfair' until it became routine for most players engagements, pro and noob alike. It was like playing extreme rock-paper-scissors-dynamite-lava-kitana-whale-si (the guy from Duck Dynasty). The game was so competitive and so unpredictable. Thats what made it a GREAT game.

Now we have no glitches other than jumping into walls on Zombies. Other than that the game is practically pure. Except for the instance of the DMR. I enjoyed using the CC as well as the BR, so I'm not biased when it comes to choosing between Semi-Automatic styles. I know the DMR is powerful weapon, but it doesn't have a real drawback. Bloom is practically not there, whether at close-mid-long range. It performs equally in all ranges. Thats great but it also means the arrival of custom loadouts with multiple range SPECIFIC weapons is kind of...retarded & pointless.

I think the BR functions fine. It's perfect in nature or at least in the nature of a gun of it's personality. It has great mid range capabilities that decrease over distance as any 3 burst weapon would in real life. The DMR does not function this way. I would like to see the DMR's capabilities at close range decreased via any method will do honestly. It really shouldn't be a close range capable weapon in my opinion.

In conclusion, skill has not been needed since Halo 2 - FACT. The DMR is not overpowered, but overCAPABLE - FACT. A small alteration to the DMR is not the end of the world - FACT. I don't see it being game changing. What I do see are two Primary weapons with different situational uses (BR being close-mid range, DMR being mid-long range). Sounds pretty even I think.

Disclaimer: IF ANY OF THE MATERIAL READ ABOVE CAUSES RAGE, NOOBITIS, OR EARLY STARTING OF PMS PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN IMMEDIATELY. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO DO SO DUE TO IMMOBILITY CAUSED BY NOOBITIS TAKE HALF A BOTTLE OF NYQUIL AND CALL 911, AND RELOCATE YOURSELF ACROSS THE STREET AFTER DOING SO.

Disclaimer 2: IF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MADE YOU LAUGH, CONGRATS. IF YOU ACTUALLY DID THAT, YOUR AN IDIOT WHO SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO COMMUNICATE WITH ANY MEMBER OF THE SAPIEN SPECIES OR ANY OTHER LIFE FORM FOR THAT MATTER...EVER

Peace :D

If you'd read the whole posting battle, the DMR actually kills faster at all ranges than any other loadout weapon besides the scoped in Light Rifle. One of the guys posted the kill times. DMR is slightly over-powered, that's all. The fool in here started pulling out non-related sales figures and opinion's he deemed as facts.

Do you actually believe the DMR is better at all ranges though? After I mastered the DMR (playing BTIS, at mid to long range), i switched to the BR, but after reading everything negative about the DMR and how nothing can beat it, i changed a load-out to include the AR and a boltshot, and in all maps bar Ragnarok i've managed to come out positive, so i'm struggling to see how it could be whinged about so much. on the off occasion i will stray out into the open and get picked off by a talented 5-shotter, but it's not the gun fault i behaved like a noob on that instance.

• Like 1

I am talking to 343 studios. Odds of them reading this. 1% maybe. But if they do I want to hit the only figure that matters in the end to a game company. Sales. Pre bloom removal halo reach is considered the worst game in the series by Most players that started in previous Titles and it was a downward slid that reflects the average of most players ranking HCE>H2>H3>>>>>>>>HR. Each game was less competitive than the last. After the Title patch removing Bloom a lot of players see Reach as at least=H3 but halo 3 wasn't as good as people like to think and they expected better so it just made reach playable instead of a home run 2 years to late. After we get missing Custom options/Bug fixes(No game mechanic changes) most people are ready to rank this game on the same level as H2 or better. This game has reversed the slide of the halo franchise. So you can not blame nostalgia like the Noobs did for 6 years on the forums. It is a quantifiable thing related to game mechanics. I am telling you the DMR is a required linch pin that without it as is the tower they built could crumble.

I have a 2.3 KD. With the DMR I have a 3.6. OMG OP... NO. OMG I am good. I am among a minority. I'd say the top 5% of halo players. In my hands it is a fun and deadly weapon. But I assure you it isn't the number 1 weapon and the reason is. It is hard to use(which is why most players don't use it) BTB is a specialized playlist. Bitching about everyone using the DMR is like bitching because everyone uses the BR in swat.

Of course we don't have a way to check and Swat will **** with the figures but I'd still bet weapon use goes like so.

AR>>>BR>DMR I bet 50% of players in infinity slayer run with a Automatic primary(AR mostly. 30%BR 18% DMR 2% other. Novice>>>Intermediate>>Expert. Within the Expert player class you have a wide skill range but at least in the aspect of aiming they are above most or even just enjoy the weapon more. Cause I bet you a lot of people could get more kills with the AR instead of using a BR or DMR.

Figures might skew to a less wide range do to the lack of small maps plus the number of CQC weapons will spread it out. The DMR will probably go down in use as BTB players find the LR is super OP but they haven't yet. Soon then that bitching will start. ***** about no Descoping if getting sniped by long rifles bothers you.

Do you actually believe the DMR is better at all ranges though? After I mastered the DMR (playing BTIS, at mid to long range), i switched to the BR, but after reading everything negative about the DMR and how nothing can beat it, i changed a load-out to include the AR and a boltshot, and in all maps bar Ragnarok i've managed to come out positive, so i'm struggling to see how it could be whinged about so much. on the off occasion i will stray out into the open and get picked off by a talented 5-shotter, but it's not the gun fault i behaved like a noob on that instance.

I have not done that yet since I have yet to get DMR and BR mastery then Carbine and LR mastery. Some day though I will drop into KOTH with the AR and PwN cause it is the weapon more than the user until you reach people on your level then weapons come into play so it requires mind games as much as aiming skill.

Just posting this. I am thinking this as fairly accurate as this matches other people data that seemed reliable.

DMR kills in 5 shots at 44 frames or 1.46 seconds.

BR kills in 5 bursts (13 bullets) at 52 frames or 1.73 seconds.

Carbine kills in 8 shots at 49 frames or 1.63 seconds.

LightRifle unzoomed kills in 5 bursts (14 bullets) at 53 frames or 1.76 seconds.

LightRifle zoomed kills in 4 shots at 42 frames or 1.4 seconds.

I'm an Halo 2 fanboy. That game really pushed the franchise to a whole new level along with the competitive scene. Now alot of people don't mention the glitching of the primary tool of choice, aka BR, also had an impact in the multiplayer experience. For instance, BxR and Double-shotting were deemed 'cheating' and 'unfair' until it became routine for most players engagements, pro and noob alike. It was like playing extreme rock-paper-scissors-dynamite-lava-kitana-whale-si (the guy from Duck Dynasty). The game was so competitive and so unpredictable. Thats what made it a GREAT game.

Now we have no glitches other than jumping into walls on Zombies. Other than that the game is practically pure. Except for the instance of the DMR. I enjoyed using the CC as well as the BR, so I'm not biased when it comes to choosing between Semi-Automatic styles. I know the DMR is powerful weapon, but it doesn't have a real drawback. Bloom is practically not there, whether at close-mid-long range. It performs equally in all ranges. Thats great but it also means the arrival of custom loadouts with multiple range SPECIFIC weapons is kind of...retarded & pointless.

I think the BR functions fine. It's perfect in nature or at least in the nature of a gun of it's personality. It has great mid range capabilities that decrease over distance as any 3 burst weapon would in real life. The DMR does not function this way. I would like to see the DMR's capabilities at close range decreased via any method will do honestly. It really shouldn't be a close range capable weapon in my opinion.

In conclusion, skill has not been needed since Halo 2 - FACT. The DMR is not overpowered, but overCAPABLE - FACT. A small alteration to the DMR is not the end of the world - FACT. I don't see it being game changing. What I do see are two Primary weapons with different situational uses (BR being close-mid range, DMR being mid-long range). Sounds pretty even I think.

Disclaimer: IF ANY OF THE MATERIAL READ ABOVE CAUSES RAGE, NOOBITIS, OR EARLY STARTING OF PMS PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN IMMEDIATELY. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO DO SO DUE TO IMMOBILITY CAUSED BY NOOBITIS TAKE HALF A BOTTLE OF NYQUIL AND CALL 911, AND RELOCATE YOURSELF ACROSS THE STREET AFTER DOING SO.

Disclaimer 2: IF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MADE YOU LAUGH, CONGRATS. IF YOU ACTUALLY DID THAT, YOUR AN IDIOT WHO SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO COMMUNICATE WITH ANY MEMBER OF THE SAPIEN SPECIES OR ANY OTHER LIFE FORM FOR THAT MATTER...EVER

Peace :D

Preach it like it was and is sir

As a COD and Halo player (every one except Halo Wars), I see the differences in both. As a 15 presteige in COD, I end up running around with a SMG or Shotgun free aiming and early killing until I get the Chopper (which kills loads). Compare this to the more tactical HALO, where if you get caught in the open, you are toast. The more you work as a team, the easier the game is. In COD, if you have a good player, he/she will run around, get power ups (Bombers/Choppers), get 35 kills and the weaklings just sit in a corner camping. If you camp in HALO (Reach or 4), you are likely to get BACK STABBED ;-) Yes the BR (DMR) or whatever it is currently called is overpowered, but so is the Shotgun (at short range) and the Commando AR in COD Black OPS. I haven't bought black Ops 2, as I am bored of running around getting 20 kills per game in the same fashion. I liked what Reach brought. Where else can you shout 'EAT MY KNIFE' as you stab someone in the back or rugby tackle them to the ground before face stabbing them. All you get in COD is a 'target down' from a poorly paid actor ;-)

Yet to see a poll including A balance patch come in at the top 3

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst161494_Sandbox-TU-or-Customs-TU.aspx

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst152001_Only-1-in-4-like-game-as-is-Super-Poll-Tread.aspx

Could the game use it. Maybe but only very minor changes and really the stuff breaking the game for most people has nothing to do with the weapons.