Don't make the REACH MISTAKE

RELLIK PIR

your really trying to argue "forgiving?" if you want to argue that then you are not arguing balance. the DMR has no weakness or drawback at any range, and it should have one or automatic weapons that CANNOT TOUCH LONG RANGE AT ALL need straight up faster kill times in CqC. saying "if you miss" isnt a valid balance argument either.

straight up its simple. if you take a precision weapon capable of long range combat, it needs to be trumped by a weapon that is incapable of long range combat, I.E. autmoatic weapons. a autmoatic weapon user gets punished for being caught in the open by a DMR user, the DMR user needs to be punished for letting a auto user in close.

We are playing Halo. Not Rock paper Scissors. If you want to play rock paper scissors please go play that. HCE pistol owned all non power weapons. Halo 2 the BR did the same. Halo 3 BR did the same with a spread that made it much less effective at range. Halo reach. Did not have this and Failed. Halo 4 has a balance while still maintaining the DMR as a great all round skill weapon that will beat about everything other than power weapons or specialty weapons like the Scoped LR at range or the AR at close range in a head the head match of >>>evenly skilled players<<<. DMR users kill you because you do not understand the effective range of the AR and you hold down the trigger and I doubt you have good aim. The same reason you suck, even at close range with the AR is the same reason I kill people at medium range with the Saw. I know how to aim and I know how to control bursts to get a high rate of fire and accuracy.

and i really dont care what you think, obviously, nor bout the sales. also juke strafing while popping head shots=/= run and gun. you want run and gun you need closer range weaponry. and again i never played CoD so i wasnt even aware CoD had shields apparently.

your not making sense, you say you want run and gun arena shooter, yet most maps are not arena styled, and most of the gameplay devolves into mid to long range head shot popping which isnt run and gun at all.

not too mention the audacity of saying any kind of nerf tot he DMR would be stepping back is laughable, you mine as well only have the DMR and no other weapons with that kind of thinking, which the tone of your post seems to indicate youd be ok with.

the DMR is not a perfect weapon and has its issues that need addressing. get over it.

again the tone of your post says your a happy go sniper who got his dream starting gun and doesnt want it touched.

also fast paced shooter=military shooters where people die from a random bullet

lol mate you read my mind completely :) if anything the AR needs either a power increase or more effective range :3

lol mate you read my mind completely :) if anything the AR needs either a power increase or more effective range :3

Why. Because you don't like to think or aim? You like to hold down the trigger and run at people spraying and praying. I think even 343 has refered to the AR as the Spray and Pray weapon and that they don't want a spray and pray centralized game. It is good to novice players but beyond that it shouldn't be used.

t

We are playing Halo. Not Rock paper Scissors. If you want to play rock paper scissors please go play that. HCE pistol owned all non power weapons. Halo 2 the BR did the same. Halo 3 BR did the same with a spread that made it much less effective at range. Halo reach. Did not have this and Failed. Halo 4 has a balance while still maintaining the DMR as a great all round skill weapon that will beat about everything other than power weapons or specialty weapons like the Scoped LR at range or the AR at close range in a head the head match of >>>evenly skilled players<<<. DMR users kill you because you do not understand the effective range of the AR and you hold down the trigger and I doubt you have good aim. The same reason you suck, even at close range with the AR is the same reason I kill people at medium range with the Saw. I know how to aim and I know how to control bursts to get a high rate of fire and accuracy.

so you dont want balance, why not just start with that then?

again you keep citing halo reach even tho its already been explained at length that there is MUCH more to the games success/failure then having an OP gun in multiplayer.

Ive never said i get owned by DMR users, and i never said i dominated either. Your making baseless assumptions in attempt to steer the conversation off topic..

Once again you flip flop in your paragraph. you state how you dont want balance, and then go on about how the game is balanced.

fact is the game ISNT balanced, there ARE some tweaks that are needed, and the DMR is SLIGHTLY unbalanced, precision weapons in general>autmoatic weapons too.

Why. Because you don't like to think or aim? You like to hold down the trigger and run at people spraying and praying. I think even 343 has refered to the AR as the Spray and Pray weapon and that they don't want a spray and pray centralized game. It is good to novice players but beyond that it shouldn't be used.

t

then it should be removed from the loadouts, from the game in fact, because of its not gonna be balanced around the rest of the weapons, it shouldnt be ingame.

Id much rather have a tense close range firefight then slowly side strafing while jockeying for a head shot. left, left, RIGHT, RIGHT+CROUCH, JUMP!, OMG I HEAD SHOT HIM OMG FAP

i recognize that people like that playstyle tho, and dont want it removed. but it shouldnt be the only competitive way to play at high skill levels, thats boring. that is why your alleged "rock paper scissors" style would add real compelling gameplay.

you just dont want to be punished for a short range weapno user getting in close

you just dont want to be punished for a short range weapno user getting in close

Everything else you said was pointless. So I'll make it clear.

Go play ROCK PAPER SCISSORS if you want that.

Randomness is a terrible for gameplay. Reach was random without any salvagable skill involved. That is the only factor that matters to explain why it failed

Example. Give 2 closely skill players ARs. in a Octagon. Fight... end score like 6-10 Give them DMRs end score 2-10. Cause the Better of the 2 was able to kill the other one more consistently. The winner was the same but the Gap was much wider because one of the weapons was designed to reward better players and the other was designed to be random enough to not be rewarding for skilled players to use over higher skilled weapons.

Precision weapons>Automatic Weapons. O'RELY... Cause ya know this isn't a spray and pray shooter. This is a Tactical Fast paced Arena Shooter. All the Non Power weapons are working as intended.

THE AR IS RANDOM. IT IS A CRUTCH WEAPON FOR NEW PLAYERS. It isn't Competitive or Skillful in any way by design. It Shoots bullets that kill people to make New Players feel good about the game. Eventually these players either quit cause Gnats have longer Attention spans, Keep playing bad forever, or they get better at the game and move up to precision weapons in the same way babies move up to solid foods. It was designed specifially in a way that allowed new player to use it without allowing experienced players abuse it. I mean why have the SAW when you can have the AR you people want. It would be a power weapon. You want to not have to AIM. You want to shoot in the general direction and get rewarded. PLAY REACH. Ya know that game that still has like 20 Special edition cases at walmart cause it is so bad and undersold so terribly.

your really trying to argue "forgiving?" if you want to argue that then you are not arguing balance.

Then why are people complaining about the BR in swat now. People are complaining because it trumps the DMR in any medium-close range situation because the burst function is far easier to get headshots with without using as much skill.

lol disregarding the entire post

your rock paper scissors example, isnt random, its tactics. you use a long range weapon, you AVOID getting in close range, if someone gets in close range, congrats they out lucked/played you (because there is a element of luck in any but the most basic types of games)

and your reasons for why reach failed are so narrowminded and ill suited to actual reasoning its laughable.

your example is also biased with your view, i dont know why its hard for you to see that, your getting skill confused with hubris and ignorance.

good to know that automatic weapons are supposed to be worse then a precision weapon, REMOVE THE GOD DAMN AUTOMATIC WEAPONS...oh wait...if they are in the game, and 343 tries to balance any of them, THEN THEY ARE INTENDED TO BE IN THE GAME, AND INTENDED TO BE COMPETITIVE...get off your sniper high horse you ignorant esport kid. its not that hard to see if youd get off that pedistal for one damn second and have a reasonable conversation with someone other then spouting your biased vitriol everywhere.

The AR is not random, its actually quite accurate up to medium range, and can reward players at medium range with controlled bursts, it also has less spread then the other two autos. and again if it isnt competitive or skillfull REMOVE IT FROM THE GAME OR BALANCE IT SO IT IS.

you know what, im stopping my rant, ill say it, its obvious that you are a precision weapon fanboy that gets his own epeen flexing ego trips confused with skill. all i want is a equal footing, all you want is OP weapons. your entire theory behind the purpose of automatic weapons in halo is REDICULOUS and has absolutly ZERO basis in fact or reality. thats not how you debate a point, so your not debating, your just mindlessly blathering your own bias to keep your good thing going.

and FFS you do have to aim with a automatic weapon, you have to use controlled bursts at any range at all, the only real difference is they are not capable of heads shots or long range combat.

also SWAT is not a traditional gametype, if you want it balanced you need to give the weapons special properities just for that game type, or make the regular gametype unbalanced.

the amount of lies, minconceptions, and machismo you emenated from this last post is honestly disgusting and you should probably check on what balance means, not what you want it to mean. everyone access to a unbalanced weapon whiel other weapons need looking at doesnt mean balance.

edit: and im sorry for getting pissy but damn, gets aggravating when you finally realize the person isnt looking for a rational argument of balance but just wants to hold onto his/her toys :/

So you want everyone to be equal and everyone to hit each other with nerf bats.

I want a game where my performance is decided by my skill. The millions of people that checked out for Halo Reach agree with me. Even if they didn't understand why. They instinctively realized that that game didn't reward them for their performance win or lose. You are Bad and you will Stay Bad forever so soon the Ranking system will have had time to place people into their appropriate ranks and you will get to play mostly with a bunch of kids using ARs to so have fun. Just like Halo 3. Once you get below 40 80% of the kids ran around with ARs all day. Because they weren't skilled enough or didn't have the mental ability to do anything other than run straight at you.

if you want a game where your performance is decided by skill, then the DMR needs a slight nerf, and adjustments probably to numerous other guns and armor abilities, etc.

and again your blindly state that if you like to use a AR your a bad and a kid

so ill reply with this

im 26

ive sniped with the best of em across multiple shooters

i found it BORING

so...**** off

Every weapon has it's place. I am a precision weapon guy yet some maps warrant an AR back up. Adapt is the word. Yeah the DMR is powerful but in my opinion it is very balanced. I'm surprised there isn't more people coming on saying the Binary Rifle with 1 hit kills anywhere is unbalanced but it is all about the DMR

Every weapon has it's place. I am a precision weapon guy yet some maps warrant an AR back up. Adapt is the word. Yeah the DMR is powerful but in my opinion it is very balanced. I'm surprised there isn't more people coming on saying the Binary Rifle with 1 hit kills anywhere is unbalanced but it is all about the DMR

what is balanced about it? it has a faster TTK then the BR or the AR assuming the DMR user doesnt miss (and assuming max skill, he wont). it out ranges all starting weapons save for the light rifle. it can be accurately spammed. where is its weakness?

if you want a game where your performance is decided by skill, then the DMR needs a slight nerf, and adjustments probably to numerous other guns and armor abilities, etc.

and again your blindly state that if you like to use a AR your a bad and a kid

so ill reply with this

im 26

ive sniped with the best of em across multiple shooters

i found it BORING

so...**** off

How on earth does nerfing the DMR make the game more skill based. Any nerf would in reality slow the pace of the game down while right now it has finally hit the kill time sweet spot. A few Armor abilities need tweaks to make more of them valuble enough to use but really none of the weapons need any changes they all do as they were intended.

Sorry your not a Kid but you are bad. My Bro in law is 28 and almost legally blind so he has trouble with precision weapons/uses the AR.

You sniped. What is your h3 sniper rank?

The DMR isn't sniping. It is ranged fire. If you can't do that don't engage in it.

People would be complaining more except it is only in default settings so the people that could complain the most(mlg) don't care.

what is balanced about it? it has a faster TTK then the BR or the AR assuming the DMR user doesnt miss (and assuming max skill, he wont). it out ranges all starting weapons save for the light rifle. it can be accurately spammed. where is its weakness?

The DMR killing faster is a LIE put out there by Newbies who got shot and died . It has the same kill speed as the BR and slower than the Carbine and the LR Scoped. It can be accurately shot. Can you though? Why does a weapon have to have a weakness. It is Halo 4s Utility weapon just like HCE pist H2 BR and H3 BR. Mostly CE-2. The other weapons are for Gameplay/player nitches. The DMR is the All rounder weapon for high skill players to duke it out with.

Close range it is easily defeated. And no weapon ever no matter how good will defend against a good flanking player cos the DMR certainly doesn't shoot backwards. People just need more situational awareness cos i am yet to see a problem with this gun. For the first 3 days i used the BR before creating a loadout with the DMR and my k/d and performance hasn't changed at all.

you think its the kill time sweet spot, i think its just trying too hard to be like CoD reaction based shooter. again, your confusing your opinion with facts.

the DMR is intended to be better then the BR at everything? cuz atm outside of swat it is. The dmr, a MARKSMEN RIFLE designed for med/long range has near identical kill time as the assault rifle in clsoe range and you think thats balanced? its nowhere near, again you show you just want to maintain your power weapon.

the DMR in practice and design is a weakned sniper with a larger clip and faster fire rate. you can argue semantics all you want. and there you go calling me bad, you might cal me bad but its obvious at this point whose the biased one, id rather be labeled biased rather then ignorant.

sorry not a lie, there is only two ways a assault rifle user will kill the dmr user in close range. hitting first or making the DMR user miss. neither of which is a limitation of the DMR. the DMR needs a limitation. and its straight up faster then a BR in kill time, essentially outshining the BR in every normal format, buffing the Br will just widen the gap between ARs and precision guns. in other words a unbalanced decision.

utility=/= unbalanced which the HCE pistol was, only defended by people who abuse it or people that didnt understand it. same goes for DMR, its obvious at this point your just defending your toy and dont want it touched cuz if you couldnt be on equal or better footing vs everyone with one gun youd cry. and again you keep talking about the DMR and skill, well sad to say sir, there is more to skill then side strafing and aiming at the head, something you seem to fail to realize.

i get it, its fun for you to have such a beastly weapon, you like the playstyle that comes with precision weapons thats fine. but its not a utility weapon, its the only logical option, and thats bad for the game.

@Antics, the only time its easily defeated at close range is if you have a one shot CQ weapon...which isnt what we are talking about, we are talking about what you start with the loadout (i guess you could make a case for hte boltshot alt fire tho). The player messing up cuz he feels pressure that someones that close to him is not a valid basis for balance. thats user error, not gun limitation.

every gun needs a limitation in order for there to be balance, or lese the guns without limitation will crap all over the other ones, something we are seeing happening right now.

you know, you can call me a *******, you can call me biased, and even ignorant, but you wanna call me a liar you overstep the line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9cknUKURhc

uploaded not long ago. has pretty good frame data. even as a 5 shot kill its 1.6 second kill time vs the BR's 1.8.

its not game theory its balance, if you balance soley around aiming/shooting then you need all the guns to be the same, or the one that rewards that the most will be the only weapon that matters.

but ill also end this post with two things. one, your are not the end all statement on what halo is, so saying it aint halo is about as narcisistic as you can get. and the only empirical evidence you brought on with your comments on Reach was that you dont know the difference between biased data and facts.

the DMR doesn't have an issue. People have skill issues.

I consider myself an OK Halo player, and the DMR is widely considered OP.

A gun that outkills its counterparts in THEIR ranges is OP.

A gun that has an immense range AND bullet magnetism, no skill required, Is OP.

Add in the new flinch feature, Ammo and Dexterity TacPac depending on preference, Camo from the start, and its even worse.

Glad to finally have the question of if the first or third bullet in the BR burst is possible to get the headshot with. So the BR has a much more forgiving ability to get headshot because any bullet after the 4th shot can get the headshot.

I have seen a Lot of videos and this is the first one I have seen butting the BR at 1.8 Even the Spreadsheets he linked to do not support his claims.

Considering the human error and how his video does not match the average which places them at even kill times I find your obvious Cherry picking Obvious.

I consider myself an OK Halo player, and the DMR is widely considered OP.

A gun that outkills its counterparts in THEIR ranges is OP.

A gun that has an immense range AND bullet magnetism, no skill required, Is OP.

Add in the new flinch feature, Ammo and Dexterity TacPac depending on preference, Camo from the start, and its even worse.

Notice Every high skill utility weapon ever in halo has been called OP.. So calling the DMR OP is basically signalling it is a great weapon that will make halo a great game.

i tried to find the most recent vid (didnt want to take the chance of one with old info that wasnt accurate) and one that looked fairly accurate and not just standing there with a stopwatch.

and I admit i couldnt make much use of the spreadsheet he showed as the type was small. care to ellaborate on that?

even if they were the same kill time, thats not good enough as the DMR can outrange the BR. so cherry pick away

i also think your confusing "high skill utility weapon" with "OP"

hell its a term you made up anyways. you call it high skill, tho it has next to no bloom, high fire rate, generous hitboxing at long range, and decent bullet magnetism all to aide the user in getting those shots in. in that respect the LR is more skill dependant then.

once again you just want your cake and to eat it too, you claim OP guns like CE pistol made the game great...no, it made the game one dimensional and punished new players.

you can go on about how skillfull you are cuz you use the DMR and such

fact is DMR needs a weakness, a drawback. simply increasing TTK on precision weapons by as little as one bullet while keeping automatic weapons the same would allow player to showcase there skill in more ways then "i aim good derp". it will make a push/pull gameplay, where the autmoatic weapons try to get in close and the precisions try to stay at range. the one with better aim AND better positioning wins.

if you want duck hunter, go play that

What the DMR needs is a slight firing rate reduction. What it doesn't need is more randomness (bloom) and a damage reduction. The damage is fine. It's a 5 shot just like the BR is. It just fires faster than the BR and that's the problem.

I def dont want it to become a UP gun or anything, it definitly doesnt need a big nerf. tho i disagree bloom wasnt random, i mean, it was random in the same way spread is random. it punished people who were too hasty, they had to time there shots to get more accuracy. it was actually more skill based in that regard beacuse the accuracy was even more in controla nd reliant on the player then simply lining the reticule up with the head.

• Like 1

I def dont want it to become a UP gun or anything, it definitly doesnt need a big nerf. tho i disagree bloom wasnt random, i mean, it was random in the same way spread is random. it punished people who were too hasty, they had to time there shots to get more accuracy. it was actually more skill based in that regard beacuse the accuracy was even more in controla nd reliant on the player then simply lining the reticule up with the head.

It slowed down the pace of the game a bit too much for my liking. Not to mention that adding extra bloom on to the DMR would kind of eliminate the purpose of it being a long range weapon. I disagree with people who say the DMR is overpowered on big maps because people are shooting them at long ranges, that's what the weapon is for. The problem with the DMR is that it is dominating in areas it shouldn't be dominating in. The BR should have the advantage in shorter ranges and the DMR should have the advantage in longer ranges, but there should also be enough time for people to take cover.

1 i tried to find the most recent vid (didnt want to take the chance of one with old info that wasnt accurate) and one that looked fairly accurate and not just standing there with a stopwatch.

2 and I admit i couldnt make much use of the spreadsheet he showed as the type was small. care to ellaborate on that?

3 even if they were the same kill time, thats not good enough as the DMR can outrange the BR. so cherry pick away

4 i also think your confusing "high skill utility weapon" with "OP"

5 hell its a term you made up anyways. you call it high skill, tho it has next to no bloom, high fire rate, generous hitboxing at long range, and decent bullet magnetism all to aide the user in getting those shots in. in that respect the LR is more skill dependant then.

6 once again you just want your cake and to eat it too, you claim OP guns like CE pistol made the game great...no, it made the game one dimensional and punished new players.

7 you can go on about how skillfull you are cuz you use the DMR and such

8 fact is DMR needs a weakness, a drawback. simply increasing TTK on precision weapons by as little as one bullet while keeping automatic weapons the same would allow player to showcase there skill in more ways then "i aim good derp". it will make a push/pull gameplay, where the autmoatic weapons try to get in close and the precisions try to stay at range. the one with better aim AND better positioning wins.

9 if you want duck hunter, go play that

1&2 He was using an accurate method but It only matched on the LR to any other DATA I had seen and both his data sheets were wierd with wide variaty. So I have to call user error on that one. If I Can I might just go into Customs/Theater and test it myself. I should go Que up some blank maps.

3-4 Burst is Easier than Single Fire. Being able to get a headshot with any of the bullets from the 5th shot is also a helping hand. The DMR is more accurate but does not is not burst fire or the 3 rounds that fire together with the 5th shot. The DMR also has bloom which while it might have a negligable effect on the bullets it makes finding the center more difficult when spamming the trigger. If they have the same kill time. The BR is the easier more forgiving weapon within its range. If you do not Concede this point I will just ignore you because it will be obvious that you just want an easier game.

5 so have the autoaim reduced. No one is asking for that because no one asking for a nerfed DMR is doing it for Balance. I don't find the LR any easier or harder to shoot. The different Reticule is the only factor I see because once I got used to it, it was well. Way better if not easier than the DMR.

6 Skill rank system Durt dur dur. Well Halo Made its money on 1 dimentional games then so obviously it is what the people want. HCE pistol H2 BR H3 BR... Reach Failed do to the attempt to "add Dimention"

7 I get my add beat by BR users enough though. Can't tell since I played swat though. If we had arena maps I might use the BR because it is better short-medium range but as of now most combat is at medium to long range. Not that I mind. I play the game instead of ***** about my favorite weapon not being the best. I run BR swat(DMR on Complex(Big Map). DMR otherwise cause I don't let people get close most times. Bolt secondary. PP in BTB or LR secondary in my BTB sniper loadout.

8. I wanna run in straight lines spraying and praying I get close sometimes or I use good positions:translation(Camping Derp)

It took a lot more skill to try and find angles to attack campers with ARs/shotties ext than it took that guy to sit there and wait for stupider people to walk in the door.

9.Translated "I AM A DUCK DEEEERRRRRPPPP

So yes I do like playing Duck hunt

Proof you should be ignored. Remember Reach. It lost millions of FANS do to Bloom alone. I can say basically every halo player I know hated that game solely because of Bloom. It was random and terrible. To often would a player controlling and aiming their shots lose to a player spamming just because they got lucky. You want to destroy Halo 4 too . GTFO.

Please get firefox. Get off IE. Or are you just ignoring the spell check?

It slowed down the pace of the game a bit too much for my liking. Not to mention that adding extra bloom on to the DMR would kind of eliminate the purpose of it being a long range weapon. I disagree with people who say the DMR is overpowered on big maps because people are shooting them at long ranges, that's what the weapon is for. The problem with the DMR is that it is dominating in areas it shouldn't be dominating in. The BR should have the advantage in shorter ranges and the DMR should have the advantage in longer ranges, but there should also be enough time for people to take cover.

i can agree to that. bloom is just one idea.

Now i can say i need a bigger sample size sure. but at this point ive moved past specific kill times and am looking at more general balance of precision vs automatic weapons. perhaps with time we can get some definitive answers, this is really something 343 should provide to the community considering they want a competitive environment. unkown variables is bad for that.

again if you want to argue easier you arent arguing balance. not balance in its entirety anyways. jsut cuz BR is easier doesnt mean its better in certain areas, the DMR still out performs in the areas the BR are supposed to have a leg up in.

heres one thing i ultimately try to avoid (and fail at times) cuz it doesnt provide much in terms of the balance argument, how skill/skilless a weapon is. at least with the starting loadout guns as the gap isnt enough to warrant inferior competitive play to eachother. Obviously a gun that can shoot around walls or thru them and follow the enemy and kill the entire team when you fire is OP. but like i said starting loadout guns dont have that kind of gap.

I think there should be a skill rank system seperate of the level system personally. but the second part of your number 6 is biased paranoid conjecture with no basis in reality. its like saying the game was more popular cuz the graphics were worse...makes no sense.

SWAT changes the way the game plays with no shields. dont expect SWAT to be balance AND regular format to be balanced. SWAT is more for fun.

if you want to run in straight lines spamming your shots thats your problem?

there will always be campers /shrug, not much you can do about it

sweet, go play it then and stop trying to put it in halo.

first....bloom alone DIDNT cause that loss of subscribers, just cuz you and "everyone" you know hated it doesnt mean it was the cause of that. again you take a bit of biased paranoid conjecture and spin it as facts that you have no way of knowing on any acceptable level. you do it way too much its kind of irritating. and again, bloom was just one idea, there are others.

there are people telling others to adapt or die, and others wanting some balance done (right or wrong depending on the person and there reasoning), both answers are right.

you adapt to the gameplay, but if adapting to the gameplay involves deteriorating of the games variety and strategies then balancing needs implemented. atm if we just adapt or die, most of the time eveyrone will just use DMRs. which is bad.

Because u may just want a viable alternitive to the dmr doesn't meen to nerf it that's the worst mistake u could do instead buff guns that underpreform because who wants to play a game where ever gun is the same peeshooter as its couterpoint cough cough cod cough cough

that is actually a horrible idea, and the idea of a person who cannot handle feeling "less" in any situation. do you drive a big truck?

there are times when guns need buffed, and times when they need nerfed. just buffing everything will create a snowball effect until we are just oneshotting eachother. just give everyone inf ammo binary rifles while your at it.