Don't make the REACH MISTAKE

RELLIK PIR

I see all the new players crying about the DMR and stuff. These are the same COD players that caused BLOOM to dominate Reach(not a halo game).

I quit HALO. As a hardcore fan since I first started playing Halo CE in 2002 when I was 12 with my friend. That was a PAINFUL reality I had to except after the Halo 3 failure and the Halo Reach Beta got boring in 2 days. 2 days. Tetris is more fun than Reach was. Reach Underperformed vastly as a Halo Title. As 1 of the several million people that turned off for Reach I am telling you. DO NOT LISTEN to the nerf squad. They are all new players who are being punished by the lack of a rank system+ all the people who like me decided to come back because of the steps you took in Reach to make it competitive again.

If you did anything. to the DMR. Make it a 6 shot. Increase ROF to =same performance and reduce Bloom and increase clip to 18. Making players land more shots increases the skill gap add a little more killing power per clip/ammo without changing the techincal performance verse other weapons.

I have not played enough with the LR or the BR or Carbine in MP to give a final judgement on the comparison. But I can say. If you **** this up and copitutulate to the kids that will not play this game in 6 months anyway you will kill this game forever. I have upwards of 300K+ kills in Halo games. I turned off for Reach and I am telling you not to listen to anyone complaining about the weapons with the highest skill cap.

Could the weapons need modifications of less that 5% in some areas. yes. Should you do it to have a net loss in the skill gap available for the Compettive groups that made this series the epic franchise it is. HELLS NO.

TLDR. NOOB want to nerf things that punish them for playing like noobs ignore them.

End Rant. Thank you.

• Like 2

what i see is a sniper player that got handed his glory gun at the beginning and doesnt want it touched.

ive played every single halo game sept the RTS

Ive never played CoD (watched my brother play it tho)

the DMR is SLIGHTLY OP as it kills just as fast as the AR in close range while maintaining a high fire rate and low kill time at long range. it needs a weakness that isnt tied to being able to be overcome with skill just as no matter how skilled you are you cant long range with the AR.

juke strafing while popping for headshots isnt everyones idea of fun.

• Like 1

This game is a Run and Gun Arena Shooter. That means super fast paced gameplay. In halo 3 then worse in reach it moved away from Arena play into COD play with shields and you lost millions of copies in SALES so 80-120+million dollars not counting the lost subscriptions and MS points. I didn't have XBL for 2 years after reach and only a few months after the bloom patch. I really don't care what you think. The Sales speak for themselves. We moved back to this game because we were promised a competitive run and gun arena shooter again like Halo CE-2. Any kind of nerf to the DMR would be stepping back. It would be the opposite of halo 2 when they removed the spread from the BR. Which was the decision that made halo 2 a legendary game instead of the last halo game.

This game is a Run and Gun Arena Shooter. That means super fast paced gameplay. In halo 3 then worse in reach it moved away from Arena play into COD play with shields and you lost millions of copies in SALES so 80-120+million dollars not counting the lost subscriptions and MS points. I didn't have XBL for 2 years after reach and only a few months after the bloom patch. I really don't care what you think. The Sales speak for themselves. We moved back to this game because we were promised a competitive run and gun arena shooter again like Halo CE-2. Any kind of nerf to the DMR would be stepping back. It would be the opposite of halo 2 when they removed the spread from the BR. Which was the decision that made halo 2 a legendary game instead of the last halo game.

and i really dont care what you think, obviously, nor bout the sales. also juke strafing while popping head shots=/= run and gun. you want run and gun you need closer range weaponry. and again i never played CoD so i wasnt even aware CoD had shields apparently.

your not making sense, you say you want run and gun arena shooter, yet most maps are not arena styled, and most of the gameplay devolves into mid to long range head shot popping which isnt run and gun at all.

not too mention the audacity of saying any kind of nerf tot he DMR would be stepping back is laughable, you mine as well only have the DMR and no other weapons with that kind of thinking, which the tone of your post seems to indicate youd be ok with.

the DMR is not a perfect weapon and has its issues that need addressing. get over it.

again the tone of your post says your a happy go sniper who got his dream starting gun and doesnt want it touched.

also fast paced shooter=military shooters where people die from a random bullet

• Like 3

the DMR doesn't have an issue. People have skill issues. People do not want to learn to play the game. They want to run around like idiots and not be punished for it.

I perfer the Smaller maps. So not this happy go sniper BS I keep hearing. Were the heck did that come from I been gone for a few years.

Arena Shooter. = games like Quake and Doom. Not that I ever played them much. **** were they fun once I got over the initial learning curve back in the day.

I only jump on and play. So I have yet to confirm if the Bloom is there to make aiming at range more difficult or if it actually adds spread to the weapon. So if it actually adds spread you are correct. It is not a perfect weapon. It should be pin point every time no matter what. I would have little issue with the BR and LR having the same. Now reread sentance 3-4. Most maps are not Arena style but most games in 6 months will be played on the maps closest to Arena maps. The single most popular halo map of all time was an Arena map. See if you can name it.

• Like 1

Reach was actually a really good game it just got tiring after idk 1.5 years. the DMR or any other weapon is NOT OP. Like anything else, whether its a weapon or vehicle it all depends how good you are at it.. Oh and realistically speaking, it's not a clip, it's a mag.

the DMR doesn't have an issue.

incorrect, other guns have weaknesses that cannot be overcome by the players skill. example. any automatic weapon cannot engage in long range combat, no matter how skilled you are the bullets are not gonna go that far. however the DMR is effective at all ranges equally, close, medium, and far. its pinpoint accurate and a decent rate of fire along with competitive kill time. is it the best gun? no, there are guns that outshine it in different playstyles, the problem is the DMR can do EVERY playstyle competitively, making it the best most well rounded and thus slightly OP gun in the game. it needs a flaw, i understand you dont want your "perfect" gun touched, but it needs to be.

People have skill issues. People do not want to learn to play the game. They want to run around like idiots and not be punished for it.

yes there are people like this, but citing it as the reason behind the issue is a copout and is incorrect at best. Ive been taken out with full shields when sprinting from one cover to another, it wasnt far...i wasnt getting shot at before i left cover. its just not all the maps are designed well enough for CQC to be viable, and with the DMR being EQUALLY effective at all ranges, it becomes the defacto weapon of halo 4 with no real competitor.

I perfer the Smaller maps. So not this happy go sniper BS I keep hearing. Were the heck did that come from I been gone for a few years.

DMR is a marksman rifle I.E. a mini sniper with higher RoF and lower DMG then halos actual sniper. you dont want it touched cuz its OP resulting in not exactly you having an edge, but you not having a disadvantage...which is equally bad for gameplay.

Arena Shooter. = games like Quake and Doom. Not that I ever played them much. **** were they fun once I got over the initial learning curve back in the day.

played em, they are fun, but more gibfests then anything, games that reward reaction time and not strategy

I only jump on and play. So I have yet to confirm if the Bloom is there to make aiming at range more difficult or if it actually adds spread to the weapon. So if it actually adds spread you are correct. It is not a perfect weapon. It should be pin point every time no matter what. I would have little issue with the BR and LR having the same. Now reread sentance 3-4. Most maps are not Arena style but most games in 6 months will be played on the maps closest to Arena maps. The single most popular halo map of all time was an Arena map. See if you can name it.

i havent noticed bloom on any weapons really, i know automatic weapons after about 1.5 seconds become rather innacurate beyond close range, but the DMR i know has no bloom effect atm, its pinpoint accurate. and it should NOT be pin point no matter what, full RoF should be penalized with a gun with that kind of power and recoil.

Reach was actually a really good game it just got tiring after idk 1.5 years. the DMR or any other weapon is NOT OP. Like anything else, whether its a weapon or vehicle it all depends how good you are at it.. Oh and realistically speaking, it's not a clip, it's a mag.

realistically speaking the idea that its STRICTLY the player not the game is asinine to the nth degree.

• Like 2

COD is a run and gun shooter, halo isn't (as much). Before you post please know what you are talking about. Besides bloom has always been in halo to an extent. and the DMR is hugely faulted. No one touches the sniper anymore cus it replaces it. it's incredibly unbalanced. Please do your research next time.

good day.

COD is a run and gun shooter when it is lower skill and high skill vs lower skill. High skill vs High skill it is a very slow passed tactical shooter. Based on what I know from talking to an MLG COD champion.

incorrect, other guns have weaknesses that cannot be overcome by the players skill. example. any automatic weapon cannot engage in long range combat, no matter how skilled you are the bullets are not gonna go that far. however the DMR is effective at all ranges equally, close, medium, and far. its pinpoint accurate and a decent rate of fire along with competitive kill time. is it the best gun? no, there are guns that outshine it in different playstyles, the problem is the DMR can do EVERY playstyle competitively, making it the best most well rounded and thus slightly OP gun in the game. it needs a flaw, i understand you dont want your "perfect" gun touched, but it needs to be.

yes there are people like this, but citing it as the reason behind the issue is a copout and is incorrect at best. Ive been taken out with full shields when sprinting from one cover to another, it wasnt far...i wasnt getting shot at before i left cover. its just not all the maps are designed well enough for CQC to be viable, and with the DMR being EQUALLY effective at all ranges, it becomes the defacto weapon of halo 4 with no real competitor.

DMR is a marksman rifle I.E. a mini sniper with higher RoF and lower DMG then halos actual sniper. you dont want it touched cuz its OP resulting in not exactly you having an edge, but you not having a disadvantage...which is equally bad for gameplay.

played em, they are fun, but more gibfests then anything, games that reward reaction time and not strategy

i havent noticed bloom on any weapons really, i know automatic weapons after about 1.5 seconds become rather innacurate beyond close range, but the DMR i know has no bloom effect atm, its pinpoint accurate. and it should NOT be pin point no matter what, full RoF should be penalized with a gun with that kind of power and recoil.

realistically speaking the idea that its STRICTLY the player not the game is asinine to the nth degree.

Remember HCE.. Or H2 or even H3 Even Halo Reach(worst game/underseller of series). All had a super weapon. HCE Pistol H2 BR H3 BR(nerfed+bad coding led to dispointment in series) Then Halo reach. For me it ended at the Beta. 2 days was all it took for me to be bored with a "Halo" game when I had played and enjoyed them for countless hours for 8 years.

Not trying to convice you as much as 343. The primary design of the primary weapon directly affected sales. HCE amazing. H2 blew up. H2 Great. H3 blew up. H3 disapointing but workable. Halo reach beta. Unplayable. Halo reach. Big sales for a game but fell short by several million just to match halo 3 when it should have beaten it.

HCE had horrible weapon balance, the pistol alone testiment to that. and unplayable is a laughable statement considering it was perfectly playable, you just didnt enjoy/were not good at it.

they shouldnt have a "super weapon", least not for hte starting loadout.

everyone always claims something was destroyed when there toy gets nerfed.

• Like 1

HCE had horrible weapon balance, the pistol alone testiment to that. and unplayable is a laughable statement considering it was perfectly playable, you just didnt enjoy/were not good at it.

they shouldnt have a "super weapon", least not for hte starting loadout.

everyone always claims something was destroyed when there toy gets nerfed.

UM. Underselling the predecessor by. 2.4 million copies if you forget ODST included MP. H3 out sold H2 by 3.1 million copies. H2 ousold HCE by 2 million. But REACH undersold H3 and only beat h2 by a slim margin. Those facts alone prove how wrong you are. The biggest change was removing the BR and BLOOM. Considering the community accepted the BR over the single shot Pistol I will assume going back wouldn't bother them much either. So it comes back to BLOOM which was designed and effectively removed the possiblity of a "super weapon" and added a lot of random spray and pray to the game. You people might be loud. But you are wrong. Fact prove that. Your own logic proves that. Some guy said the DMR was to powerful/easy to use. Fact is the weapons have the same kill time. The only difference is BR has spread because it is a more Spam able newb weapon. Even the Carbine kills faster it just takes a ton of skill to do. Do not know if it has spread.

There are probably a lot of people waiting like I was going to except someone offered it as an early birthday present. I would not have bought this game till I had heard news of if we had H4DMR/H2BR/HCEpistol style weapons. Cause without those this game lacks the crispness to keep it interesting for 2-3 years for competitive and even casual gamers.

COD is coming to halo

Man I sure hope not. As of right now. It just took some rough ideas from COD and made them fit in halo without Changing or impacting the fundementals of halo established way back in HCE in a major way. Just enough to make new player happy and give experienced players something to fiddle with.

UM. Underselling the predecessor by. 2.4 million copies if you forget ODST included MP. H3 out sold H2 by 3.1 million copies. H2 ousold HCE by 2 million. But REACH undersold H3 and only beat h2 by a slim margin. Those facts alone prove how wrong you are. </snip>

Reach wasn't a numbered Halo, proceeded the end of a trilogy and didn't have the marketing push and hype of Halo 3 (few games ever will). Your posts are somewhat hard to take seriously when you attempt to use sales data this way.

And this is coming from someone who thinks the DMR is (mostly) fine as is.

UM. Underselling the predecessor by. 2.4 million copies if you forget ODST included MP. H3 out sold H2 by 3.1 million copies. H2 ousold HCE by 2 million. But REACH undersold H3 and only beat h2 by a slim margin. Those facts alone prove how wrong you are. The biggest change was removing the BR and BLOOM. Considering the community accepted the BR over the single shot Pistol I will assume going back wouldn't bother them much either. So it comes back to BLOOM which was designed and effectively removed the possiblity of a "super weapon" and added a lot of random spray and pray to the game. You people might be loud. But you are wrong. Fact prove that. Your own logic proves that. Some guy said the DMR was to powerful/easy to use. Fact is the weapons have the same kill time. The only difference is BR has spread because it is a more Spam able newb weapon. Even the Carbine kills faster it just takes a ton of skill to do. Do not know if it has spread.

There are probably a lot of people waiting like I was going to except someone offered it as an early birthday present. I would not have bought this game till I had heard news of if we had H4DMR/H2BR/HCEpistol style weapons. Cause without those this game lacks the crispness to keep it interesting for 2-3 years for competitive and even casual gamers.

there are other factors rather then just games popularity you know. but either way prequals usually dont do taht well in my experience. hwoever, again, balance is not indicative of sales. and your logic on what facts prove what seem a bit long reaching im not getting the connection you are. and another point, about gun balance. you keep using hte terms noob and skill, neither of these things really should factor into weapon balance, as assuming equal skill there is no difference. if you make one weapon better then another on the basis that it requries more skill, that weapon will just dominate anyways unless it required so much skill that VERY few people could use it effectively which then would make it unfun for most.

balance while incorporating those ideals is not balance, its gamer biased thinking so they can keep on being OP.

your last line is just rediculous. having a clear and OP weapon keeps the game alive? no it just keeps it interesting for the people that want to abuse it.

• Like 1

The DMR makes every other starting weapon seem useless because of its ridiculous power. It's funny how that one gun can ruin an entire franchise that I've played for a decade. Damn...

First off.. You are clearly lying. Cause if you had been playing for a decade you would have played HCE and H2 and the Pistol and the BR were far more "OP" than the DMR which technically has the same kill time as the BR, and a slower kill time than the Carbine and the Scoped LR. So really people are just mad because they don't know how to play a real halo Title anymore. This is a Real halo title. that brings me back to Halo CE and H2. You can't run in a straight line without cover and or awareness. Techincally you COD players should understand not running in the open like idiots. At least that is what I get from watching the odd COD video where the guy just sits up high shooting people running out in the open.

there are other factors rather then just games popularity you know. but either way prequals usually dont do taht well in my experience. hwoever, again, balance is not indicative of sales. and your logic on what facts prove what seem a bit long reaching im not getting the connection you are. and another point, about gun balance. you keep using hte terms noob and skill, neither of these things really should factor into weapon balance, as assuming equal skill there is no difference. if you make one weapon better then another on the basis that it requries more skill, that weapon will just dominate anyways unless it required so much skill that VERY few people could use it effectively which then would make it unfun for most.

balance while incorporating those ideals is not balance, its gamer biased thinking so they can keep on being OP.

your last line is just rediculous. having a clear and OP weapon keeps the game alive? no it just keeps it interesting for the people that want to abuse it.

Well IDK what experience you have but please get more English experience that was hard to read and I hate grammar hawking.

the DMR is not better than the except at long range. it has the same kill time otherwise. The BR is far more forgiving of a weapon. the DMR might be better in some ways but if you miss once or don't hit that last headshot you are going to lose to the BR which has a 3 round burst which makes getting the final headshot 3 times easier. I need to test if it is the 13th or 15th bullet that kills with the BR cause if it isn't the 15th bullet that means your last shot only needs 1 hit to the head of the 3.

the DMR is not better than the except at long range. it has the same kill time otherwise. The BR is far more forgiving of a weapon. the DMR might be better in some ways but if you miss once or don't hit that last headshot you are going to lose to the BR which has a 3 round burst which makes getting the final headshot 3 times easier. I need to test if it is the 13th or 15th bullet that kills with the BR cause if it isn't the 15th bullet that means your last shot only needs 1 hit to the head of the 3.

your really trying to argue "forgiving?" if you want to argue that then you are not arguing balance. the DMR has no weakness or drawback at any range, and it should have one or automatic weapons that CANNOT TOUCH LONG RANGE AT ALL need straight up faster kill times in CqC. saying "if you miss" isnt a valid balance argument either.

straight up its simple. if you take a precision weapon capable of long range combat, it needs to be trumped by a weapon that is incapable of long range combat, I.E. autmoatic weapons. a autmoatic weapon user gets punished for being caught in the open by a DMR user, the DMR user needs to be punished for letting a auto user in close.

I see all the new players crying about the DMR and stuff. These are the same COD players that caused BLOOM to dominate Reach(not a halo game).

I quit HALO. As a hardcore fan since I first started playing Halo CE in 2002 when I was 12 with my friend. That was a PAINFUL reality I had to except after the Halo 3 failure and the Halo Reach Beta got boring in 2 days. 2 days. Tetris is more fun than Reach was. Reach Underperformed vastly as a Halo Title. As 1 of the several million people that turned off for Reach I am telling you. DO NOT LISTEN to the nerf squad. They are all new players who are being punished by the lack of a rank system+ all the people who like me decided to come back because of the steps you took in Reach to make it competitive again.

If you did anything. to the DMR. Make it a 6 shot. Increase ROF to =same performance and reduce Bloom and increase clip to 18. Making players land more shots increases the skill gap add a little more killing power per clip/ammo without changing the techincal performance verse other weapons.

I have not played enough with the LR or the BR or Carbine in MP to give a final judgement on the comparison. But I can say. If you **** this up and copitutulate to the kids that will not play this game in 6 months anyway you will kill this game forever. I have upwards of 300K+ kills in Halo games. I turned off for Reach and I am telling you not to listen to anyone complaining about the weapons with the highest skill cap.

Could the weapons need modifications of less that 5% in some areas. yes. Should you do it to have a net loss in the skill gap available for the Compettive groups that made this series the epic franchise it is. HELLS NO.

TLDR. NOOB want to nerf things that punish them for playing like noobs ignore them.

End Rant. Thank you.

Mate i am glad there is people like you on the forums with some common sense. I was starting to think i was the only one but you just got to remember the 'nerf squad' are the vocal minority and sometimes i just forget that until i see logical posts like your own. Bloom is a large factor that made me quit Reach. I played Halo 2 and 3 online for many years and i quit Reach after a couple months and havent played a Halo game online for over a year. This game is a breath of fresh air and a modern take on a great franchise.

• Like 1