new members please read, if you dislike halo 4

Victory Element

Well no one here seems to agree with me much, so you guys tell me: why should I have to see the same thing reworded over and over again if there's already 10 of the same thing out there??

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, i'm just interested in learning why everyone is okay with more hate threads

Please, no BS, and don't just say because the game is bad

It's not necessary to have so many threads on the same thing at all. But everyone wants to voice their opinion and sometimes the only way to be heard is to start a new thread. Plus if there was just one thread of people discussing their dislike for the game, 343 wouldn't bother to look at it and they wouldn't care to fix their mistakes. When you have a whole bunch of people who flood (no pun intended) the thread, maybe, just maybe, 343 will take notice. (Unless of course they are just in it for the money, in which case, mission accomplished)

• Like 1

There are so many hate/dislike threads simply because the entire game failed if every aspect. They gutted the core aspects of Halo and offered up a Reach/COD hybrid minus a decent campaign.

Campaign

-It is way too short and feels very repetitive....run here activate, run to an exact copy of the platform you were on and repeat then repeat again just because.

-Limited environments

-An AI seeming to lack any degree of intelligence

-Zero memorable battles like that of the Scarab

-Total lack of attention to graphic details felt washed out and flat

- Very generic background music

-Strange sound effects....Warthog, sniper

-Complete let down for final battle

-Lacking the usual Halo humor such as that crazy Marine that was in every game, grunts dancing at the club or just hearing them talk to each other or scream "run away"

Matcmaking

-Once again no real ranking system

-Friendly fire turned off in some game types

-Kills dont mean as much anymore

-Players come and go which changes the entire game

-You have to be blind to not notice the menu system and lobby are blocky and appear unfinished along with once again washed out.

-Even in Matchmaking the graphics come across as washed out

-The entire concept of gaining map control and power weapons is gone

-They hand out medals like candy

-BMR is far overpowered

This is why they should have Honest reviews .For a game of this scale they should have held back the release date maybe released a beta to try and work out some of the bugs in this game. For a finished game sure it looks great but the amount of issuses with it is a worry.But im sure M/S /343 wont really care they have been paid (no offense 343/ M/S fans.

It's not necessary to have so many threads on the same thing at all. But everyone wants to voice their opinion and sometimes the only way to be heard is to start a new thread. Plus if there was just one thread of people discussing their dislike for the game, 343 wouldn't bother to look at it and they wouldn't care to fix their mistakes. When you have a whole bunch of people who flood (no pun intended) the thread, maybe, just maybe, 343 will take notice. (Unless of course they are just in it for the money, in which case, mission accomplished)

This does make sense, but this is only a community forum. If people would like to complain, they should go to the official site site at halo.xbox.com. I'm only trying to make these forums a better place by not having so much complaining. It makes the environment more friendly and I would like to keep many of these new members here. this has nothing to do with my personal opinion of the game

@cbr

lol. thank you for repeating everything that's already in a hate thread

This does make sense, but this is only a community forum. If people would like to complain, they should go to the official site site at halo.xbox.com. I'm only trying to make these forums a better place by not having so much complaining

@cbr

And thank you for repeating everything that's already in a hate thread

So now forums are only for positive reviews of a game? Its not just this forum every single last gaming forum is flooded with people who dislike H4. 343 has pissed a lot of people off and in this day and age they take to the internet to let people know. I put far more weight in several 1000 reviews by actual players than some gaming mag that is paid off.

Why not just merge the threads into one and pin it? Locking threads down will only make the problem worse

This does make sense, but this is only a community forum. If people would like to complain, they should go to the official site site at halo.xbox.com. I'm only trying to make these forums a better place by not having so much complaining. It makes the environment more friendly and I would like to keep many of these new members here. this has nothing to do with my personal opinion of the game

@cbr

lol. thank you for repeating everything that's already in a hate thread

I'm sorry that you the one getting all the **** for trying to make this forum a better place. But whenever I was looking for a forum to rage on this one popped up first, I'll go rage on XBL forums now as well.

• Like 1

Well no one here seems to agree with me much, so you guys tell me: why should I have to see the same thing reworded over and over again if there's already 10 of the same thing out there??

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, i'm just interested in learning why everyone is okay with more hate threads

Please, no BS, and don't just say because the game is bad

Im on the same boat as you. You guys can go ahead and say how bad you think the game is, but stop making so many threads because you're ruining the experience for those of us who want to talk about what we liked.
  • Like 2

Im on the same boat as you. You guys can go ahead and say how bad you think the game is, but stop making so many threads because you're ruining the experience for those of us who want to talk about what we liked.

Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few

• Like 1

Hold on. If you guys dislike Halo 4, why are you even playing it and talking about it here? To make people who like the game hate it? Reach I agree with but not this. This is 343's first Halo game. Of course they will make some mistakes. Besides, the reason for the lack of gametypes is due to them wanting us to try out the new ones. They are going to add the old classics later on. They are adding SWAT back next week. That means Grifball is coming back soon too. Give it time get going. Also, they will probably fix custom games and flood for the some reason as the gametypes getting restricted for a while. They want us to try the new things.

• Like 2

problem is this is not halo instant spawns has ruined halo people who go -20 can win objective now just like cod all the skill is gone because your constantly killing someone and then they instant respawn and your reloading and dead..

If people can instant respawn then i should have a gun that i do not need to reload.

I love this game but theres so many problems with matchmaking i am only complaining because i would like these issues to be fixed and it's not a few people saying this

So now forums are only for positive reviews of a game? Its not just this forum every single last gaming forum is flooded with people who dislike H4. 343 has pissed a lot of people off and in this day and age they take to the internet to let people know. I put far more weight in several 1000 reviews by actual players than some gaming mag that is paid off.

I'm not saying everything has to be positive. All of the negative is already out there, so why just keep making more of it if the same things are just going to be repeated? People need to realize that they can just leave a comment on an already made hate thread, not just start their own. Some of this is often out of selfishness it seems. People think their opinion is the most important, so they start a thread without bothering to even look at what others have already posted. All they need to do is say that they agree with another thread

Okay, first things first.

Nobody is trying to say your opinion is wrong. If you think Halo 4 was a masterpiece and a shining example of the genre, then good for you. If you think it's the worst thing to happen since the Black Death, also good for you.

But we're a forum, not a blog.

A blog is something where you can just post your opinion and then walk off. It's a place dedicated to your thoughts and your thoughts alone.

A forum is a place for discussion. It's about talking to other people, for sharing ideas and opinions. And there are already more than enough topics about why people don't like Halo 4: you're already spoiled for choice if you want to rage, and it's not even a week old yet!

We don't want to stop you from posting your opinion. It takes a special kind of effort to sign up to a fan website just to say how much of a fan you aren't. All those of us who actually liked Halo 4, or at least liked bits of it, want is to be able to talk about those things, and not have our threads shoved off the board within an hour with no replies because so many new topics, all saying the same thing, have appeared in the meantime. And most new topics are from new members with one post, who won't look at any replies they get or even post again, and that's not fair for the rest of us.

If you don't like Halo 4, your opinion matters.

But ours does too.

And we're getting sick of being denied it.

• Like 4

As long as the post are valid complaints which point out examples while complying with forum rules there should be no problem. Now i do agree the post that just state "H4 sucks" but give no reasons are useless and need to go. Id honestly like to hear from those who think this is a great game. What specific aspects of the game make it great?

Id honestly like to hear from those who think this is a great game. What specific aspects of the game make it great?

You can see my reasons in the pinned "Did you like Halo 4 Official Topic" topic at the top of the forum. A topic which is also full of a lot of criticism of the game.