Why is slayer FFA ie deathmatch in matchmaking ?

tinglebob

Why have they decided its a good idea to exclude thousands of potential players by not having a standard deathmatch mode in matchmaking ie FFA slayer. I think the game is going to suffer IMO from this game mode being missing, I've read a lot of people saying that they will just go back to playing reach and not going to bother with halo 4 multiplayer. Seriously how hard would it be to add this give people the choice of playing deathmatch or team games don't just force team games on people. And that regicide FFA is ok but isn't as good as slayer FFA on reach.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

FFA otherwise known as SLAYER (yeah thats right, remember now? SLAYER was THE PLAYLIST back in the day, team slayer is just a VARIATION OF SLAYER) is really fun and should never have been removed. My one friend plays nothing but normal slayer......cept not anymore.

Along these same lines; where have half of the playlists gone? What ever happened to Single flag? I want to take turns defending and attacking again. What ever happened to KING OF THE HILL? What ever happened to regular Oddball? Not team oddball but FFA Oddball. WHERE THE HE11 IS ASSAULT!?! Why is there no bomb game at all? Its not even available as a custom game offline. Why is griffball not at least in a playlist you could find like in halo 3 and in halo reach?

And about King of the hill...where did it go? Why did you remove it from online? I know some people whome king of the hill was their favorite. Also, 343, you do remember that there are armor unlocks that are only unlocked by playing king of the hill right? So basically you are saying we had our chance to unlock it earlier and now its gone? Is it because of its lower population? Is that going to be a habbit? Deleting playlists when the player number drops to a certain point? So I have to be scared that you might remove Oddball, my favorite playlist, if the population number ever drops below a certain ammount? Will you remove team regicide, the second lowest populated game?

What about flood? Not as many people playing that. If the population lowers will you remove that too? No of course not, because Flood is a fun game and even if less people are on it you know that a fun uneque game setting like Flood should always be available for players if they want.....(just like every other gametype)

343i's plan from the beginning has been to test the player populations and demand for certain playlists by adding weekly rotations (which will resume after the Infinity Challange ends) and taking out playlists with low populations. This achieves two things: It shows what playlists become popular when first entered (SWAT, for example), and which ones don't do so well with the numbers (Team Snipers) before throwing in everything at once. It also increases player population in the existing playlists so the numbers aren't spread so thin over too many playlists. I'm sure once they find where the demand is for playlists and make necessary adjustments (like they're doing to Team Snipers) they will add in some more permanent playlists. Plus, a FFA playlist will be coming later in February.

As for the missing gametypes, it could be a number of things. Personally, I think it was a mixture of both creative choices and time restrictions. Assault being taken out seems like a creative choice, since it was one of the weaker gametypes as far as numbers were concerned, and there are many other competing objective gametypes. As for One Flag CTF and Race not being added, I'm guessing those were due to time constraints. 343 had a LOT to finish to meet their deadline of a November 6th release date. Perhaps they didn't have the time to add in a few more gametypes and instead had to focus their efforts on polishing what was there as much as they could. The same thing happened with Halo 2. Time was short, and necessary cuts had to be made.

Again, this is just my opinion, but Franky has even said that they realize the game isn't perfect and will do better next time. It's their first game, and they had to build everything from the ground up and didn't have a lot to jump off of with the divided fanbase that came with Reach. Cut them some slack and look forward to the future. I know I am!

I don't understand why they don't just have a FFA playlist which has a choice of gametypes to play.

like in the lobby for each game you will have a vote for one of each gametype...

FFA Slayer, FFA Oddball, FFA KOTH, FFA Regicide, & idk, FFA Headhunter!!! (i imagine FFA headhunter would be amazing haha)

this way, the players choose what they want to play, rather than us playing what they want us to play, and 343 would also be able to see if anyone actually likes regicide.

Personally, i don't mind regicide although i don't understand it, as i was playing yesterday and i had 9 Regicides and 14 kills as the king, and came 2nd to someone who had 6 Regicides and only 10 kills as the king? I know you get more points for killing the king if they're on damage boost or w/e, but... :/ shouldn't you get more points for killing as the king?

I've played games where i'm king all the way through racking up kills and then people get like 2 kills on you @ max bonus and win the game, it's ridiculous :P

The list of missing and wanted playlists include:

• Rumble Pit
  • BTB (objective)
  • FFA (All associated game modes)
  • Team Snipers
  • KOH
  • Griffball
  • 1 Flag
  • Assault/Defence style Dominion (cannot remember the name of this game mode)
  • Classic Team slayer (slayer pro for example)
  • Team Doubles
  • Multiteam

I am sure there are others and the current playlist is kind of bare although I am a big fan of dominion. The problem seems to be that 343 were not ready to release Halo 4 but had to due to a deadline, so now they are still finishing things intended to be in the game on release day so are in no position to add new things or make changes the community want...

They had KOH, snipers and slayer pro but have removed them, snipers was broke and needed fixing but the other 2 were fine so the choice to remove them has me puzzled. Hopefully they will get caught up and start making additions to the game.