Will double xp weekends return?

alty1443

• 1 month later...

I'm certainly hoping so. That always gave me something to look forward to when the weekend came back with Halo 3. There was always some kind of fun game type to play all weekend like zombies, team melee, fiesta, rocket race, and I can't remember the others. It doesn't even have to be double exp weekend. Just add some kind of fun crazy game type for the weekend to give us something different for a couple days.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

No Halo 3 never had an Exp cap. Mainly because you only got 1xp per game normally so making it 2xp didn't really fast track you at all. It would still take you quite some time to hit the highest rank. A 5 Star General needed 5000xp, I'm just about there on this account. Although I never hit my 50 in this account =/ did it on a lot of other accounts I made to mess around but, never my main tag. Was stuck at 49 Brig General.

I don't even see why we would need this? MAX everyone to 130 in just a few days?

4 days and 5 hrs, and level 99 (NEVER ONCE, used any double XP and only have a few games of Spartan Ops played). Granted, I don't know about others, but I got a good 2 weeks of solid gaming when I had the flu, so maybe others don't have 4 days played, but I see players that are 130 with Spec Ops boosting Double XP.

I really don't see a reason why this is even needed in Halo 4, you want a higher level either play better or boost Spartan Ops.

To be honest with all weapons unlocked at SR50 and just a few specializations after that I do not see the point in Double XP, once your maxed you are maxed so just enjoy the journey, there is nohing worse than playing and getting points for no reason with nothing to unlock, so why rush to this point.

This CoD system was perhaps the only thing they should never have copied as it is pointless in a Halo game, I wish they had the old ranking system from Halo 3 back.

But back on topic no need for double xp as it is unnessecary

I'm certainly hoping so. That always gave me something to look forward to when the weekend came back with Halo 3. There was always some kind of fun game type to play all weekend like zombies, team melee, fiesta, rocket race, and I can't remember the others. It doesn't even have to be double exp weekend. Just add some kind of fun crazy game type for the weekend to give us something different for a couple days.

This would be great if 343i did something similar to this.

• 2 months later...