roughly 80% of gamers want skill based ranking system back whats the problem ?????????

Lee James Garry

hi 343 so yes what is the problem 80% of people poll for a visual skill based system to be returned to the game so why cant we have it just have both systems spartan points and a skill based system along side it for slayer pro and pro doubles and pro snipes.

why not cater to both sides of the audience the Casual and the Competitive the casuals can have fun ranking up reach style and the competitive can go hardcore for that 50 they love to chase all i know is you may get sales this time but this will be twice your fans have asked for a ranking system 1-50 and u haven't delivered when halo 5 comes out i know for certain i wont be buying if this does not get resolved your literally going to lose 80% of your sales next time the fans will give up on you but its your choice.

And don't come that crap that its because of cheaters people were cheating and boosting ranks in halo reach just to get the best armor cheating will always happen in online games ranking system or not... this games shelf life is literally going to go down the pan just like reach's nothing to work towards nothing to keep you playing to keep you addicted apart from getting some new weapons/armor mods then what happens when u reach the highest exp rank which anyone can reach just buy playing even tho they lose every game become the highest rank.

what happens then ?? thats when players should be like ok i've maxed out my spartan now i want to try real ranked game-play now i want to get my 50 i want THAT 50 TO GO WITH MY INHERITOR RANK but there is'nt one that's when the game starts to die you can only rank up so much non skill based exp before getting bored

playing its going to be like playing halo 3 social slayer all day but with a non visual rank running in the background yes the match's will be close/competitive because of the invisible rank but that is'ent enough if u don't have something to build up to/show visual improvement of your skill in game.

p.s sorry for bad grammar/English but bad grammar wont stop me from being right ahh well enjoy the high sales of halo 4 because halo 5's will be 80% less.....

looks like everyone one who wants to play competitive halo 4 will have to go to GAMEBATTLES kinda sad really that u have to use 2nd party software to get a rank

LOL what? Where are you getting this 80% from. From a poll? That's all the evidence you need to reach that conclusion? You think the sales will go down by 80%? I'm hoping they do add a ranking system, but these statements are extremely far-fetched. If casual gamers are the majority, there's no way 80% would be the actual percentage.

• Like 3

LOL what? Where are you getting this 80% from. From a poll? That's all the evidence you need to reach that conclusion? You think the sales will go down by 80%? I'm hoping they do add a ranking system, but these statements are extremely far-fetched. If casual gamers are the majority, there's no way 80% would be the actual percentage.

Agreed...at this point though I too would like a visual ranking system, but the competitive gamer is far less than is used to be, at this point the gamers who play Halo are more casual. There is no way 80% is accurate. Do you have proof of this number form more than 1 source?

Okay, im a bit annoyed now.

You are getting a skill-based ranking system, shut up about it now.

You may not be able to see it, but it's still there, you still have it, it's still doing what you want it to do and that is pair you with players of your skill level.

Enougb of these threads people, you're getting what you want.

>:|

• Like 1

you're getting what you want.

I'm going to go out on a limb with empirical evidence and say that they're actually not getting what they want. They want a number representing their skill, not just playing opponents that are the same skill level as them.

Believe it or not, there is a difference...

• Like 2

Difference between seeing the number and it being there but you dont see is bragging rights and wow factor but mostly bragging rights. The visual adds a goal and a competitive edge and of course the competitive gamers will always be competitive but we just like seeing how good we are. Like Casual gamers we love playing games but we like being able to say "List of Hyper Lethal Vectors. Master Chief...Noble 6... and now Me.".

P.S. exaggerated percentage is exaggerated

• Like 1