I am totally disappointed

Gitkilla

Can you even play a game in Halo Reach without cheaters? A few seconds ago I played a Multi Team game on Swordbase. I was the only player not using Aimbot. I think this game doesn't make sense anymore if those players didn't get banned. Does anyone know if cheaters get banned from X Box Live? I don't think so, I saw hundreds especially in the last weeks. I f**king hate it if you got a 15 or 20 kill streak and you died by an aimbot.

So do you guys still have fun or success in this game?

Well I've played well over 500+ games in MM without encountering an aimbot so I'd say yes.

Sucks that that happened to you... did you confirm it via theater? The reason I ask is that I find it highly improbable that you could get such a large killstreak when an opponent is using a legitimate aimbot.

Yes its saved in theater. The reason why I could get such an high streak was that I was camping on Spire on BTB with the sniper and flak kanon.

But this was a week ago. A few minutes ago I played Multi Team against 11 aimbots, I know that's sounds nearly impossible but I watched it in theater. I sould download the video from waypoint, but that can take much time because I don't have an account. Or mabey I upload it on my fileshare so you guys can see it.

Edit: Ah I see what you thought, no this huge streak was in an other game, and my last sentence was meant in general. Was not meant for the Swordbase game!

So you can watch the video on Sword Base in my filesharing now! Gamertag: Warlord Wossman

It's the only file. I am in the red team an the only one not using an aimbot.

I have gone through over 3500 matchmaking games, and I have never encountered an aimbot. I have encountered really good players who are extremely good, but never an aimbot.

I played 1700 without cheaters too, so I understand your point but in the last 40 games there were cheaters. You can see it at theater. So if you don't believe it see the video in my filesharing. I tried to play Reach today and there are still cheaters. It is only a week ago when I saw the first aimbot on Halo Reach. The two years and 1700 games before I played Reach without noticing any cheater too!

aimbots are piece of **** hacks on Reach anyways. If you fought someone with it it crashed later on, aimbots are unstable and crash really quickly. My source: My friend used to hack, and he said that "Aimbot was stupid you're better off shooting on your own."

More than likely you did not encounter an aimbot, but rather a modified set of maps. Aimbots require a modded console with a sideloading piece of code as you all know. The secondary method to cheating and giving the appearance of an aimbot, is to modify global and weapon data inside the map iteself. Since Reach depends on dedicated hosting being passed off to a player, it is possible to have a large group of friends each containing the same modified map. hence, when you go into play, and one of those chaps has a modified map, anyone with the shared modified data, will be prevy to it's effects, or anyone who is designated as such. To explain further...here you go.

Map: Sword base.

Mod: In the weapon tags, each weapon is modified to have an absolute magnatism range of the whole length of map. Anywhere the player looks towards an enemy, no matter how far away, the reticule will move in and seek that player. Next, they modify the magnetism ranges in the globals.global tag, to have an instant magnetic effect...in other words, it doesn't gravitate towards the player...it directly snaps to them. Next, they modify the firing error angles (bloom) to be an absolute of zero, and do this again in the globals.globals tag. This gives a player the presence of an aimbot, but is simply a map modification, nothing more. The effects are that of an aimbot but better since the player does not have a sideloading code that has to "seek" anything.

Furthermore, because of the way the game is different than any other, you can actually specify in the globals, whom the effects pertain to based on team designation. So even if you had the map mod....you would have to be part of their team, to get the effects.

Unfortunatly, Live only seeks out map size and not individual tag checking. Changing values in a mpa in what we call "float" fields, does not increase or decrease the map size. Live servers only check overall map size and map signature (check-sum) before declaring a legit map or not.

In the end, I am sorry that my overly smart modding companions have caused such trouble in the game for you. not all us modders do this kind of thing, as generally we do it for research and to see how things work. I guess it is only a matter of time before ******-bags such as this ruins everyone fun....

@Twinreaper. Thanks for the information. I wonder why they were shooting somewhere in the air with the magnum and get headshots. And some of them used close combat with a range that was 4 times larger than the normal one.

I played 3 games yesterday and there were cheaters in every game so I was really angry.

I hope there are enought natural players in the future so we can play a game that is fair.

Can you even play a game in Halo Reach without cheaters? A few seconds ago I played a Multi Team game on Swordbase. I was the only player not using Aimbot. I think this game doesn't make sense anymore if those players didn't get banned. Does anyone know if cheaters get banned from X Box Live? I don't think so, I saw hundreds especially in the last weeks. I f**king hate it if you got a 15 or 20 kill streak and you died by an aimbot.

So do you guys still have fun or success in this game?

Are you sure they are "Aim botters" and not just good at the game? I usually go 25-30+ in an average game. Its not hard to aim for the head. In Reach I have not once went against aim botters, but I have gone against lag switchers. Halo 3 was the only Halo game I played against aim botters.

Half pf you folks that say you never encounterss an aimbot wouldnt know if one was stansing right next to you. The whole purpose of an aimbot is to.go undetected.

Even at an MLG problevel, if someone inba match has a higher accuracy than 70% for shots and a nearly.double digit heqdshot count.....it aint legit.

• 3 weeks later...

Jan, how does this even apply or help with the thread. if you can't post any information or help the OP at all understand what is happenening, then stay out of it. As for proof...you can google tons of XEX hacks for aimbots, as well as a few standalone applications for tweaking map files. I would do the leg work for you...but that wouldn't teach you anything...you know..having others do your work for you.

As for my skill, I don't play matchmaking. I dont care for it, and never will. I much prefer fun customs and campaign.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...