The flood.

Hellbringer 241

My opinion, they would be great for any thriller lol. Literary, I s**t myself when I first fought the Flood seven years ago :sofa: . The way they "live" is just creepy. Coming like 30 of them and bringing back to life dead while hearing the poor victims scream in pain and try to stop the infestation progress, with no luck. And next, they transform with their head have no meaning, and have a large claw to wipe out other survivors...

WHAT THE HECK DID I JUST SAY :shock:

The Flood was a good invention in this story line, because unlike in other games, Halo invented these guys as a enemy to all.

Some of the following may be considered spoilers to people having not read the Halo BOOKS (*BOOK SPOILERS*)

You might not realize it, but if the future Halo games flow strictly to canon pointers, the Flood will be a very active variable in the games and storyline. The Flood were a creation by the predecessors to the Forerunners, called Precursors, and were created as either a "failsafe" or a weapon against the Forerunners, because the Precursors were afraid the Forerunners would win the war with them. That's were the term "I am the last Precursor" came from.

It's weird because Humans were never as advanced as the Forerunners, but before humans were "devolved" they found a cure which caused the Flood to attack itself. Humans and Forerunners ultimately fought because of the Flood, and the Forerunners wiped themselves out because of the Flood as well.

So they play an active part in the story, and should play a part in the future. Not only do they provide a "creep" factor into the game, but they are difficult to cope with, and having them get back up after having been "killed" was always something fresh to keep me on my toes.

The Flood was a good invention in this story line, because unlike in other games, Halo invented these guys as a enemy to all.

Some of the following may be considered spoilers to people having not read the Halo BOOKS (*BOOK SPOILERS*)

You might not realize it, but if the future Halo games flow strictly to canon pointers, the Flood will be a very active variable in the games and storyline. The Flood were a creation by the predecessors to the Forerunners, called Precursors, and were created as either a "failsafe" or a weapon against the Forerunners, because the Precursors were afraid the Forerunners would win the war with them. That's were the term "I am the last Precursor" came from.

It's weird because Humans were never as advanced as the Forerunners, but before humans were "devolved" they found a cure which caused the Flood to attack itself. Humans and Forerunners ultimately fought because of the Flood, and the Forerunners wiped themselves out because of the Flood as well.

So they play an active part in the story, and should play a part in the future. Not only do they provide a "creep" factor into the game, but they are difficult to cope with, and having them get back up after having been "killed" was always something fresh to keep me on my toes.

Actually, if you reread Cryptum, the Didact himself wonders if the humans would have won the war against them if they hadn't been fighting a war on two fronts. Also, the humans didn't actually invent a cure (as the Timeless One reveals), the flood LET the "cure" work on them. That is why the forerunners were not able to make a cure.

I have never read one halo book, but I do think that, TECH and The Director have very valid points and that the flood add a hell of a lot more combat dynamic into the game, with the fact that they come back after being killed intitially and that they are essentially the "backbone" of the halo series, being the real threat and the reason for the Halo array and lets not forget the fear factor they add, But I think that for the most part, bungie did a really great job slipping them into the halo series and that they're a very unique "zombie" type enemy.

The parasite are one of the greatest challenges I have ever faced in Halo; not skill wise but horror and lore wise. I have been, for years, fascinated by the parasite as some of the forms it takes like the Marine forms, tank forms and carrier forms. They have seriously been a "thrill" throughout every game that we have played. With their first appearance in Halo: Combat Evolved, when they first broke out of that very first chamber, I was thrilled with them. I was scared at the same time.

I truly love the parasite, and without them, Halo would not be Halo.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know... I feel the Halo series is much much bigger then the flood. Well i do enjoy fighting them (and they will ALWAYS be a part of halo) I always feel like there is something much much worse in the distance... the flood din't make themselfs after all (precursors). I ghess what im trying to say is I don't want the Flood to be Halo's NUMBER one arch enemy for the entire series. The flood were great, but if Halo (story wise) is to surrvive we can't just keep "coming back" to the flood.

• 10 months later...