DLC Required

Wes Stone501

I purchased the first map pack for Reach and barely got to play any matches onthose maps. Yes they had a playlist dedicated to those maps, but even it had a low amount of players. I gave up when they did the second map pack for two reasons, first why spend my money on maps I rarely will get to play, second that it included a firefight map that I would use ONCE and thats it.

Give those who buy the DLC maps preference, limit those without the DLC to two to three playlist. It will give them incentive to buy the maps when they see that they are missing out.

Now as for telling your friends you did not like multiplayer and matchmaking so they should not buy Halo 4, if they did not get the game at launch they more than likely will not buy it new. Meaning they will go for a used copy and we all know that none of the money from a used game purchase will go to 343, so why should 343 cater to those people?

I purchased the first map pack for Reach and barely got to play any matches onthose maps. Yes they had a playlist dedicated to those maps, but even it had a low amount of players. I gave up when they did the second map pack for two reasons, first why spend my money on maps I rarely will get to play, second that it included a firefight map that I would use ONCE and thats it.

Give those who buy the DLC maps preference, limit those without the DLC to two to three playlist. It will give them incentive to buy the maps when they see that they are missing out.

Now as for telling your friends you did not like multiplayer and matchmaking so they should not buy Halo 4, if they did not get the game at launch they more than likely will not buy it new. Meaning they will go for a used copy and we all know that none of the money from a used game purchase will go to 343, so why should 343 cater to those people?

So, according to your logic, it's ok to have products that are of ****ty quality?

I can see you running a business, I can also see that business claiming bancrupcy a few days later.

So, according to your logic, it's ok to have products that are of ****ty quality?

I can see you running a business, I can also see that business claiming bancrupcy a few days later.

Nice attack, care to elaborate or would you like to just continue being a massive dingleberry?

• Like 1

Nice attack, care to elaborate or would you like to just continue being a massive dingleberry?

A game should be able stand up on its own, THEN you add addons, maps, expansions etc...

The way you guys want it, is that people who don't buy the addons, don't get to experience all of what they payed for, meaning if people aren't satisfied with what originally bought, A VERY LIKELY chance is that they WILL NOT buy any addons.

Also, cater to the majority, it's common buisness logic, because in the end who's gonna make you more money?

The millions of people buying the 60$ disc, or the possible million people buying 10$ map packs?

Dunno about you but I can guarantee its the first one...

Love the argument in this thread. Okay, make DLC specific playlists, then add priority to DLC maps in other playlists for those who have the maps. Those who don't should still be able to play most playlists, but should be matched with each other instead of forcing DLC buyers to go without.

• Like 1

You do know that the DLC does not launch with the game right?

You do understand that once someone buys the game 343 has that money already, they can't return the open game a month later and and ask for their money back.

We are talking about a scenario that would most likely occur once the second or even the third map pack is released. A time when the average player is hungry for new maps, not launch, not a week after launch, six to nine months from now.

I'm pissed off that they removed BTB from the anniversary playlist (under 12 months), certain affinity did a great job with headlong and timberland, chances of being in a group of 16 that all have the maps is mighty unlikely I've had 2 games on both since they've removed A:BTB months ago.

Majority Rules Idea for BTB & Objective DLC Games

Given that match making now features a join mid-game feature... what would you guys think if they gave the option to play on dlc maps to everyone, and if it gets enough votes the users who didn't have the dlc maps would be kicked. I know it sounds harsh but if more people in the group want to play the maps why should the guys without the maps stop them. It would increase dlc sales by guys pissed at keep missing out on games, plus there'd be less of a scramble for weapon/vehicle spawns when less people joined at the start of a BTB game (hopefully more would join within a few minutes of starting).

• Like 1

I'm pissed off that they removed BTB from the anniversary playlist (under 12 months), certain affinity did a great job with headlong and timberland, chances of being in a group of 16 that all have the maps is mighty unlikely I've had 2 games on both since they've removed A:BTB months ago.

Majority Rules Idea for BTB & Objective DLC Games

Given that match making now features a join mid-game feature... what would you guys think if they gave the option to play on dlc maps to everyone, and if it gets enough votes the users who didn't have the dlc maps would be kicked. I know it sounds harsh but if more people in the group want to play the maps why should the guys without the maps stop them. It would increase dlc sales by guys pissed at keep missing out on games, plus there'd be less of a scramble for weapon/vehicle spawns when less people joined at the start of a BTB game (hopefully more would join within a few minutes of starting).

I dont really see this boosting DLC sales because people dont buy the DLC for a reason either they dont think its good enough or dont want to/ have the money. I would see it as more likely they would just keep on playing without DLC or just quitting altogether if all playlists go DLC only.

But I do agree with your idea of having the majority vote for the DLC map if they wanted.

You do know that the DLC does not launch with the game right?

You do understand that once someone buys the game 343 has that money already, they can't return the open game a month later and and ask for their money back.

We are talking about a scenario that would most likely occur once the second or even the third map pack is released. A time when the average player is hungry for new maps, not launch, not a week after launch, six to nine months from now.

I do, and my previous point still applies, if they limit access to most playlists for people without the DLC, why would they buy it?

Im not sure about making it a requirement to have all DLC to play matchmakig, as some people cant afford to get the map packs day 1 release, What I'd like to see is either DLC only playlist, or all playlists mirrored so with DLC or without DLC.

But I know the problem you are facing, I havent played Invasion on Breakpoint for over a year in matchmaking.

There was one DLC playlist in reach but it suffered low population and I think thats why it took off.

But since everyone has LE game with all 3 DLCs there should be definitely a few DLC playlists.

• Like 2

There was one DLC playlist in reach but it suffered low population and I think thats why it took off.

But since everyone has LE game with all 3 DLCs there should be definitely a few DLC playlists.

That's what i would rather, instead of making practically everyone suffer, they should make playlists that play maps from their respective packs, none of this limit everyone to 2 playlists crap.

They need to do what Bungie did in the beginning in Reach, Noble playlist, Defiant Playlist and the only one left, Anniversary.

I do, and my previous point still applies, if they limit access to most playlists for people without the DLC, why would they buy it?

Worked out pretty well for Halo 3. Halo 3 was a while ago, so let me elaborate. In Halo 3 after they released their first map pack (Mythic I believe) they limited most, if not all, of the ranked playlists to only people who had ALL of the DLC.
  • Like 3

They do need to sort this out in a way that gives players variety, only 10 retail maps (I think 4 small 6 mid to large sized, I could be wrong on this) and Frankie said no community created forge maps will be added to playlists until after the last DLC pack is released which was listed earlier, the packs are due Dec/Feb then final one next April.

I do think it should be a majority rules system, if your unlucky enough to have a map thats been voted for by the bulk of the group you get sent back to matchmaking. I think splitting playlists for DLC just breaks up numbers and the playlist eventually becomes a ghost town anyway.

• Like 1

They would already have bought it. Did you miss the part about people who wait until after launch buying used copies and not 343 getting no money ftom that used purchase? So who should 343 cater to, the people who buy used and put NO money in their pocket or those who buy new at launch and continue to support the product by buying the new maps?

Lastly, if you have a hard time financially scrapping together $25 for a map pack by April of next year then maybe you should not be buying games in the first place.

Gearing the playlist for DLC worked gang busters for Halo 3, unlike Reach where every BTB match ended up being on the gulch.

They would already have bought it. Did you miss the part about people who wait until after launch buying used copies and not 343 getting no money ftom that used purchase? So who should 343 cater to, the people who buy used and put NO money in their pocket or those who buy new at launch and continue to support the product by buying the new maps?

Lastly, if you have a hard time financially scrapping together $25 for a map pack by April of next year then maybe you should not be buying games in the first place.

Gearing the playlist for DLC worked gang busters for Halo 3, unlike Reach where every BTB match ended up being on the gulch.

You automatically assume that its a finacial issue, what if i do not like the maps? What if they're not worth my 25$?

Again, my previous point still stands, if they are not satisfied with the base game, WHY would they buy the DLC in the first place? They have to be successful with the base game before they start with DLC, otherwise, they're just wasting time and money.

How do you know you will not like the maps if you have not played them?

If you like the game, logic dictates that if money is a not the issue you would get the new maps.

Killerdude1635 were you not complaining in another thread that you could not enjoy spartan ops because you did not have xbox live? Why do you give a damn about playlist?

How do you know you will not like the maps if you have not played them?

If you like the game, logic dictates that if money is a not the issue you would get the new maps.

Killerdude1635 were you not complaining in another thread that you could not enjoy spartan ops because you did not have xbox live? Why do you give a damn about playlist?

I do have Live, lets keep that discussion where it belongs.

How do i know whether i'll like the maps or not?

Well, I don't, Yet, because we haven't seen anything but concept art. On top of that, there's always youtube, google, etc.. Which will show you gameplay on said maps, That is where i can decide whether the map is worth my money.

Also, just because i like a game, doesn't mean i'll automatically like everything that comes out for it.

I have seen videos on youtube of games that looked great, but once I actually played the game it was garbage. I have also had the opposite be true.

You will not know if you will like the maps until you play them, it will probably take multiple plays before you truly know if you like it or not.

In Halo 2 I hated Headlong the first few times I played it, now it is one of my all time favorite maps. When I think Halo 2 I think Headlong. With Halo 3 it was the same way with Rats Nest.

Interesting argument, but i don't think it's necessary, considering the number of LE sales and the fact that 343 has come up with a map pass that is very affordable.

And from what i have seen from just the concept art for the DLC maps, they are going to be much better than any of Reach's map.

Interesting argument, but i don't think it's necessary, considering the number of LE sales and the fact that 343 has come up with a map pass that is very affordable.

And from what i have seen from just the concept art for the DLC maps, they are going to be much better than any of Reach's map.

*Fingers crossed*

Worked out pretty well for Halo 3. Halo 3 was a while ago, so let me elaborate. In Halo 3 after they released their first map pack (Mythic I believe) they limited most, if not all, of the ranked playlists to only people who had ALL of the DLC.

i agree, why would you buy and continue to play Halo 4 with the intention of never buying the map packs. map packs have been around since Halo 2. And i remember Bungie doing that in Halo 2 and Halo 3, hopefully 343i will do the same by limiting those player who wish to not purchase the map packs. it would seem like an awful waste for 343i to go through the trouble of making map packs only to not give the maps priority in matchmaking, especially when you have players paying for these maps. but i do remember in Halo 2 and 3's heyday playing most of the DLC maps in matchmaking once they would be released. btw not really sure why hardcore Halo fans wouldn't purchase the map packs, doesn't make too much sense to buy the game and then not support the online match making months after buy not purchasing the maps...