Halo 4 LE No Longer Worth It!?

Tallgeese

I could care less about the Forward Unto Dawn. I have enjoyed watching it so far, it is very well done and helping to build the hype. I just do not see myself wanting to watch it multiple times over and over again. There are very few movies that I can sit through multiple viewings of.

• Like 1

It's not that we don't understand the value of a limited edition, it's just that this is significantly lesser than Bungie has brought us to know and love.. I LOVE what I have seen with the game itself, but 343s first outing with a new installment of Halo is obviously and very noticeably not what we are accustomed to with our $100 Halo Limited Editions.

Thats kind of the sad point, they do look to have nailed the game itself. Which makes it even more of a shame they're palming us off with such a lackluster feature light LE.

You know what, I dont even know why I'm trying to convince you otherwise, your money, your problems.

Miss out in the awesome stuff that comes with LE, the Extra 90 minutes of FUD? Gonna be awesome, supposedly.

But yeah, whatever do what you want, i don't care anymore.

/thread

What Killerdude1635 fails to understand is that people had different reasons for wanting the LE. As stated before I wanted it for the map pass, seeing that I could save some money by buying the SE and the map pass seperate I went for the better deal. I have no use for the other contents of the LE, be it schematics, skins or avatar items. I have bills and the Holidays are fast approaching, if I can save a couple of bucks and still get the things I actually WANT I dang sure will.

With all sincerity enjoy the LE Killerdude1635 and I hope you do end up with some awesome exclusive content that was kept hush hush.

With all sincerity enjoy the LE Killerdude1635 and I hope you do end up with some awesome exclusive content that was kept hush hush.

I promise I will be craushed if I downgrade and there ended up being something awesome in the LE.. But at this point and all the S**t talkin people are doing on it, I'm willing to take the chance.

I promise I will be craushed if I downgrade and there ended up being something awesome in the LE.. But at this point and all the S**t talkin people are doing on it, I'm willing to take the chance.

If it comes with a free date with Scarlett Johansen and a 100,000 dollar a year job with full benefits and a 401k I will be craushed indeed.

• Like 4

Disappointment. I thought I could withdraw with a full understanding of all members. Instead I get ISTRAFED UP0NI Calling my post useless, acting like he knows all and acting condescending towards most members who have any opinion that differs from his. You know what? I'll do this calmly. Because it'll be easy.

Sure, you can save money by getting the other pass with the standard game, but you also forfeit the other bonuses. Go and buy FUD, all those paper and plastic items, and the other digital goodies, THEN check how much you spent. Then add the amount of that shiny LE case. Ouch. More than $100 isn't it? Quite a bit more. Le is more than a shiny case and a map pass. It also contains so many items that you neglect to try and even consider. You say you don't care about them? Okay, fine. DO your Standard thing.

I, for one, LOVED all of the paper and plastic I got within my Legendary Edition of Reach. Not counting the statue. I think that stuff is just cool as hell. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that no one else does. So don't put arguments down in the dirt. You are but one voice. You do not represent the entire side that wants more. Let others speak without insult.

One last thing. My post was anything but useless. If anything, your condescending posts have been as useless as my old and shredded papers from 2nd grade. Add something intellectual to the argument that actually helps the situation. Please.

Remember guys, the material value still stands whether you like it or not. An apple is still one dollar whether I can grow and earn them myself or not. An apple is still one dollar whether millions can get a hold of one or not. If a meal that is normally $4 all of a sudden becomes $5 with an apple, you are not being cheated. It's called a bundle. Any item is worth so much and that value will not change unless availability changes. AFAIK, LE has the same amount of copies, it still has the same items, and it is still in your hands. A couple of bonuses have just been allowed into other's hands, such as the specializations. But this is simply a promotion for War Games. Promotions do not change value of items. They just allow access to an item without paying extra for it in exchange for doing or buying something else. In this case, playing the game in the first couple of weeks.

• Like 2

Limited Edition Contents

• War Games Map Packs: The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
  • Specializations: Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, and use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options.
  • The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC's greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.

Digital content also included:

• Bonus in-fiction bonus content expanding the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn and their connections to Halo 4
  • Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
  • Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn

Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:

• Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin
    Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
  • An exclusive in-game emblem
  • Xbox LIVE Avatar prop
    Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set
  • The Limited Edition also contains the UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet which includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity's finest warriors: The Spartan IVs.

Basically, it's similar to the Black Box for Reach. That's why it's only 99 bucks, rather than 150 like the HR Legendary Edition. The HR LE was 80 bucks and only came with a couple booklets and some artwork. All the HR LE came with that was "exclusive" was the Elite armor. Bascially, you are getting 9 new maps, an Avatar prop, an Avatar Armor set, an armor skin and an AR skin, and an exclusive emblem.

As for it being a "rip off" for the standalone wargames map pack to come with the two helmets, you pay 15% more for those two helmets. Plus, the helmets will probably be released with the Pre-Order DLC. That's an awful lot of money to spend on dressing your barbie doll.

The only reason I would have ever gone for the LE is because it saves money. The whole "exclusive" thing is a complete croc. The only people who care about it are those who like to lord over other people saying stuff like, "I got something you doooon't" which is really immature and not my style. Fact is, armor skins and helmets aren't going to make you better at the game, and everyone will forget about them about a week after the game is released. Just like they did with HR Legendary Edition and preorder bonuses. If THAT was what you wanted to spend 99 bucks on, I think you should rethink things a bit.

I totally agree with you. I don't really give a crap about avatar bonuses and ''exclusive'' in-game emblems or armor or whatever, I'll probably use the recruit armor until I reach SR-50. lol

I even got the HR limited, and never used the codes...

I will only get the LE for collecting purposes and the map packs, since in my case, purchasing MS points is always a pain in the...

The LE does come with the DLC codes so it's still worth it.

Does NOT come with the Codes for the two helmets and emblem from War Games Map Pass...Does come with the codes for the Recruit Armoa and Weapon skin, as well as the Prime Emblem.

Does NOT come with the Codes for the two helmets and emblem from War Games Map Pass...Does come with the codes for the Recruit Armoa and Weapon skin, as well as the Prime Emblem.

Is there actually a website that lists what you get in Standard/Limited? Every website I go to says something different. Is there seriously no official statement on this?

Right now there has been no clarification.

Shortly after the upset over the recruit armor, Gamestop edited their info on the Limited edition, and so has everyone else, now it doesn't even be specific when describing what you get (most likely bc 343 hasn't officially fixed the misunderstanding).

All we can do is wait and see.

Truthfully I'm alittle more upset about the wargames map pack DLC differences than anything else.

EVERY other game that releases the DLC for later content in passes like that comes with the same stuff as SE gets.

As of right now I already have mine paid off, and I'm gonna put faith in 343.

I think that the Warrior armor will end up being exclusive to the LE, makes more sense thay way. Everyone should start with Recruit armor in multiplayer matches up better with the game fiction. Give the LE Warrior as an exclusive, it looks a hell of a lot cooler than Recruit.

I think that the Warrior armor will end up being exclusive to the LE, makes more sense thay way. Everyone should start with Recruit armor in multiplayer matches up better with the game fiction. Give the LE Warrior as an exclusive, it looks a hell of a lot cooler than Recruit.

I agree...the Warrior Armor really should be the LE armor. I also agree with TECH that there is no reason for the LE War Games Map Pass to not come with the two helmets and emblem.

• Like 1

Over at the 360a community forum theres a thread about gamestop having the LE back in stock to order and one of the members says this

I'm on a fairly good terms with the manager of my local gamestop' date=' and he's said the cancelings [u']are a really big problem[/u].

Sure hes just one store manager but its pretty obvious people are cancelling their pre-orders in massive numbers, its also back on sale in the UK via Amazon and Game (was sold out not so long back on both). Don't get me wrong I really want the game to be a success as much as 343i and M$ want it to be. But its poor marketing telling people they'd be getting items they no longer will be, or not in a psychical format like FUD on on a disc.

Over at the 360a community forum theres a thread about gamestop having the LE back in stock to order and one of the members says this

Sure hes just one store manager but its pretty obvious people are cancelling their pre-orders in massive numbers, its also back on sale in the UK via Amazon and Game (was sold out not so long back on both). Don't get me wrong I really want the game to be a success as much as 343i and M$ want it to be. But its poor marketing telling people they'd be getting items they no longer will be, or not in a psychical format like FUD on on a disc.

I fully agree...i cancelled my LE an dwent with the SE and Map Pass...but than found out my gf got me the LE too so now I have the LE and Map Pass...overkill I know lol

NOOOO! Don't agree to Warrior for LE! lol.

I know an armor would be nice and perhaps they'll change something out-of-game. I just think it's too late to change anything like armor. Can't really make Warrior for LE now since manufacturing started a long time ago. You can, however, try to give each LE buyer something awesome. Like perhaps a bunch of Mega XP or something. They could easily do that and I'd be happy. And I'm not getting LE. But I feel for you guys who are and are disappointed.

NOOOO! Don't agree to Warrior for LE! lol.

I know an armor would be nice and perhaps they'll change something out-of-game. I just think it's too late to change anything like armor. Can't really make Warrior for LE now since manufacturing started a long time ago. You can, however, try to give each LE buyer something awesome. Like perhaps a bunch of Mega XP or something. They could easily do that and I'd be happy. And I'm not getting LE. But I feel for you guys who are and are disappointed.

Lol now I want Warrior to truly be exclusive for LE owners just so you cant have it lol...jk :P

The Warrior armor is already in the game, they would just have to code it for exclusive...but yeah the games are already at stores or getting there so that wont happen lol

Lol now I want Warrior to truly be exclusive for LE owners just so you cant have it lol...jk blum.gif

The Warrior armor is already in the game, they would just have to code it for exclusive...but yeah the games are already at stores or getting there so that wont happen lol

:o ARGH! lol

How about 25 Double XP matches? Would that help LE owners be happy?

I'm pretty sure in the past, map packs when they come out cost either 800 or 1600 microsoft points, and considering there are going to be 3 packs, that is alot of money. So isn't it worth it to get the Limited Edition just based on the free map packs alone? I only got the limited edition because of the map packs being free later, instead of never being able to pay for them later on with microsoft points.

They sell 1600 microsoft points for what 20 bucks? So if they are 800 each, that is 30 bucks and that would make it 59.99 for the game and then 30 just for the maps, which equals out to 89.99.

So in reality you are paying 10 bucks more for the Forward unto dawn, the 6 Specializations to start, and the booklet. They pretty much equal out, if you are planning on buying the map packs later on, and if you want the forward unto dawn series.

To me it isn't a rip off, it is just spending more money now for things you don't have to pay for later.

Also, after reading the article, Limited edition users get the 6 specializations on Tuesday, Novermber 6th, and Standard Edition users would have to wait until Friday, November 30th, so that is 24 days before everybody else gets them.

The only thing I do not understand is how the regular edition buyers gets 2 extra helmets that the Limited Edition does not get. If that is true, that would be stupid, the limited edition should get everything the standard version gets, everything else is fine with me.

I'm pretty sure in the past, map packs when they come out cost either 800 or 1600 microsoft points, and considering there are going to be 3 packs, that is alot of money. So isn't it worth it to get the Limited Edition just based on the free map packs alone? I only got the limited edition because of the map packs being free later, instead of never being able to pay for them later on with microsoft points.

They sell 1600 microsoft points for what 20 bucks? So if they are 800 each, that is 30 bucks and that would make it 59.99 for the game and then 30 just for the maps, which equals out to 89.99.

So in reality you are paying 10 bucks more for the Forward unto dawn, the 6 Specializations to start, and the booklet. They pretty much equal out, if you are planning on buying the map packs later on, and if you want the forward unto dawn series.

To me it isn't a rip off, it is just spending more money now for things you don't have to pay for later.

Also, after reading the article, Limited edition users get the 6 specializations on Tuesday, Novermber 6th, and Standard Edition users would have to wait until Friday, November 30th, so that is 24 days before everybody else gets them.

The only thing I do not understand is how the regular edition buyers gets 2 extra helmets that the Limited Edition does not get. If that is true, that would be stupid, the limited edition should get everything the standard version gets, everything else is fine with me.

I agree to an extent, I could care less about SE users getting the Specs on Nov. 30th, as long as LE owners can get to SR-50 before Nov. 30th to actually use the Specializations and make use of the supposed "early" access. if it takes longer to get to SR-50 than the "early" access is non existent.

And I'm not getting LE. But I feel for you guys who are and are disappointed.

It's funny that you have such strong opinions on the worth of the Limited Edition when you aren't invested in it. Your Philosophical insight into the worth of apples when applied to a video game MAY have been worth something, until you let everyone know that you didn't buy the Limited Edition, thus rendering your argument worthless. If you believe that the LE is of such worth .... Then why don't you have it purchased? I mean, I'm able to listen to everyone's opinion and get an idea on whether or not I should downgrade to Standard edition or keep my Limited, but when the person with the biggest opinion didn't even put out the $100 for the product ....... your opinion is worthless to the matter. Sorry, thanks for all the blue letters, that's all I saw in your posts.

It's funny that you have such strong opinions on the worth of the Limited Edition when you aren't invested in it. Your Philosophical insight into the worth of apples when applied to a video game MAY have been worth something, until you let everyone know that you didn't buy the Limited Edition, thus rendering your argument worthless. If you believe that the LE is of such worth .... Then why don't you have it purchased? I mean, I'm able to listen to everyone's opinion and get an idea on whether or not I should downgrade to Standard edition or keep my Limited, but when the person with the biggest opinion didn't even put out the $100 for the product ....... your opinion is worthless to the matter. Sorry, thanks for all the blue letters, that's all I saw in your posts.

Just because he didn't buy it, doesn't make any of his arguments worthless, he has made quite a few good points you guys seemed to ignore, Hell, I would have bought if i had the chance.