What do you guys think of Impact so far?

Arcticghost49

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty psyched for Impact more than any of the other forge maps we know will be in the game thus far. I feel like it's the map that a lot of us have been waiting for, what with being a fully and truely outdoor space map. Sandbox's space area was cool, but for me it never really seemed very realistic, just sort of like a side note that bungie threw in last minute for kicks.

So I wanted to know, what are your opinions of Impact? What maps are you looking forward to most on it?

Myself, the number one thing I want is a really great redo of Boarding Action! I've wanted an exact remake of it pretty much since Halo 2, and while some of the remakes on Reach looked pretty accurate, The lighting and scenery just kind of killed it for me. But this map.. so far from the showcase video, Impact has almost exactly the right lighting and ambience for the job. Imagine how cool it would be if 343 were to include a preforged remake of Boarding Action as one of the preset maps! My only worry is whether or not the map has enough room for the double ships to fit.

Other than that, I'm really excited to see the new levels of creativity and design that Impact is going to bring to race maps. Along with the trait zones for gravity... let's just say my first map will be a racetrack that goes all around and upside down around the little asteroid, like it has a normal gravitational pull.

How about you guys?

It's a small map. That's the only disappointment for me. Impact and Ravine have very small land areas (the asteroid for impact and the very small island for Ravine). The most space for building you get is off the island and off into the open which is kind of annoying. I was hoping for a very large flat plain or multiple asteroids instead of just 2. Overall, the forge maps are a disappointment for me. Hopefully you could build outside the barriers like on Reach's forge world where you gliched a teleporter outside and could build under water and stuff.

I love space maps, as soon as I seen the forge video for Impact I got real excited to build on it. It is the most visually appealing map to me and I've been waiting for a map like that in Halo for a long time. Elongation in Halo 2 was pretty cool but with Impact you are outside and it looks more like the moon in a way lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Love your idea to remake boarding action! It looks like you'll have plenty of room width/length wise. Not sure about height limits though?

I really like impact. I just think the simple base structure that sits on the main asteroid could have been made with forge, and therefor removed for personal preference.

It's a small map. That's the only disappointment for me. Impact and Ravine have very small land areas (the asteroid for impact and the very small island for Ravine). The most space for building you get is off the island and off into the open which is kind of annoying. I was hoping for a very large flat plain or multiple asteroids instead of just 2. Overall, the forge maps are a disappointment for me. Hopefully you could build outside the barriers like on Reach's forge world where you gliched a teleporter outside and could build under water and stuff.

Thats the point of it being in space, is so you build, In space. Space stations, Space ships, etc....

space.

Boarding action will look great in this environment.

Its one of my favorite halo maps and is the only reason i take halo ce to splitscreen matches

I completely forgot about Boarding Action, that map was so much fun back in the day. Yeah Impact would fit with that great. I like Impact, I think I will make a Dr. Evil moon base lol

• Like 1