Known Halo 4 Gameplay facts

Epyon Pilot

So, there's a ton of info floating around in our heads, some of it is the same and some are probably known to a select few who do their homework.

I was wanting to share some information about Matchmaking i found out about through news articles and interviews.

These are credible, though at the moment I can't find the exact websites of origin.

---There will be a ranking and progression system similar to the Halo 3 style (Major Grade 2, Captain, etc.)

along with the same style of emblems.

--The experience gained from Spartan Ops and Matchmaking might vary in value, example: (total post-game earnings 8,000+ in one, 13,000 in the later), but will/should provide enough earnings to rank up effectively, much better progress than in Reach.

--The skill progression IS 1-50, but the specifics upon it will try to prevent boosters, de-rankers, and the sort...I've heard the skill number is only visible to the player.*

--Players can now join sessions in progress. :laughing:

--Spartan Points are awarded to the player as a spending currency, much like cR from Reach but simplified, the other details are obscure as of now but SP should be usable to buy armor permutations and customizations.

Other details:

The Mantis (Mech) has machine guns and rockets [4-5 fully loaded], one set per arm. Unless otherwise stated, from video analysis the rockets do not lock on and the guns have a cool-down time. Also from videos given out, it seems the Mantis can only be boarded from the back, but no evidence of hijacking is present yet since the player isn't exposing his body. EMP bursts can demobilize it.

If anyone has additional information, please add to the list of things we may not know much about, or if you have more info regarding what I've posted, please edit or revise the above mentioned details, but please try and link the source of the footage/leaks so we can all get a general idea of what to expect, in any aspect of the game.

Thanks!

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_4

http://manatank.com/2012/04/halo-4-multiplayer-detailed/

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/19774-halo-4-multiplayers-new-infinity-slayer-ordnance-drops-explained/

Hmm, you sure? I was under the impression that Frank O'Connor stated that you can highjack them. Though then again, he could have ment that "grenade thingy", derp.

I'm pretty sure. Hijacking is when you board an enemy vehicle, remove the driver, and become the new driver yourself. Boarding is when you board an enemy vehicle, either punch it or throw a grenade into it, then jump away from the wreckage.

it was confirmed at the Halo 4 Expo in Europe that you CAN NOT de-rank now in Halo 4. Yes there is a 1-50 system, it does not go up or down from wins/losses...essentially it is more like the Halo Reach system, you do well and win you get much more xp than if you do ok and lose. Also depending upon your performance you unlock Spartan Points to use to buy weapons and packages to be used in your loadouts. Armor skins, wepaon skins, and armor are unlocked as you level through 1-50 and do not require purchase with the SP's.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for helping with this post. Please continue to add if anything comes up!

The information I provided was from news and videos at Euro Expo and my experience at SDCC btw...so it was a later build but the Euro EXpo is the Gold Build of Halo 4.

So the only thing similar to the Halo 3 rank system is the 1-50 levels F**k Halo 4 Rank system.

1-50 rank system, titles (Major Grade II etc.) Skill matters again in the fact that if you player better and win you get a lot of xp, if you play good and lose you still get a lot of xp but not as much. So you dont have to carry your team anymore if they all suck. 343i is trying to make Halo 4 accessible to everyone, not just the supposed "hardcore gamers"

1-50 rank system, titles (Major Grade II etc.) Skill matters again in the fact that if you player better and win you get a lot of xp, if you play good and lose you still get a lot of xp but not as much. So you dont have to carry your team anymore if they all suck. 343i is trying to make Halo 4 accessible to everyone, not just the supposed "hardcore gamers"

Yeah they could of added the Ranked playlist n the Social playlist.

uhh i dont know where you got this info but i usually stay up to date with all the correct info and from what i have heard so far is taht the lvl 1-50 is not at all like h3 but rather like reach where you just simply play to gain experience to lvl up, which is a shame cause i had high hopes for an actual "skill" based lvl system... hopefully there will be one, if not then that seriously sucks..

that is not a "skill" based ranking system.. if it were related to "skill" then you would be able to lose your lvl if you perform badly like in h2 AND h3, thus keeping you on your game the entire match and trying your hardest not to lose... i really hope this is not the only system implemented in this game as it would be a real let down.