Curious as to everyone's thoughts on Didact

l Lochlan l

dont believe everything you see on halopedia, and I'p said that because in the novel you NEVER hear Cahaks refer to himself as 343 GS, he always calls himself Chakas, the ONI science team made the conjecture that the monitor was 343, so you're basically stating an unidentified forerunner ancilla is 343 GS because humans said so, which isn't much proof

The story is told from chakas point of view and 343gs does directly state that he is chakas! If he didn't then it is assumed he is!

Source: I read the novels.

The story is told from chakas point of view and 343gs does directly state that he is chakas! If he didn't then it is assumed he is!

343 is a fragment of Chakas, but Chakas isn't 343, this is supported by the fact that at some point in the book, Chakas says something along the lines of "I see one of me has caused you a lot of trouble."
  • Like 1

343 is a fragment of Chakas, but Chakas isn't 343, this is supported by the fact that at some point in the book, Chakas says something along the lines of "I see one of me has caused you a lot of trouble."

Still though, 343GS practically IS Chakas in some form or fragment.
  • Like 1

You know what I meant, obviously his entire entity was not infused, but his mind and memories were a basis on which 343GS was structured.

in that case yes, you are right. Chakas'es mind and memories were copied into a monitor, which would later be copied into 343. I also believe that the 7 ancilla protectors of the Halo ring are all fragments of Chakas because as I stated earlier, he said something like "I believe one of me has caused you trouble. " perhaps he means the other Halo protectors when he says "one of me". That's just a guess, but each of them being a fragment of Chakas wouldn't be that suprising fr me at least.
  • Like 1

in that case yes, you are right. Chakas'es mind and memories were copied into a monitor, which would later be copied into 343. I also believe that the 7 ancilla protectors of the Halo ring are all fragments of Chakas because as I stated earlier, he said something like "I believe one of me has caused you trouble. " perhaps he means the other Halo protectors when he says "one of me". That's just a guess, but each of them being a fragment of Chakas wouldn't be that suprising fr me at least.

Gotcha. Wow, Halo is so profound. So much knowledge and interesting factoids that the common Halo player has no idea about.

I've started to do research on the Ancient Evil, or AE. Although the Didact was uncovered from a script in a 343i ViDoc, I am starting to question Faber, or the Master Builder as the AE.

I know there are a ton of holes in the logic here, but the Didact never directed resented humanity, he only was jealous because the Precursors said that the Mantle as originally meant for them. Faber's death has never been confirmed, only hinted at the destruction of Installation 07.

I was reading a thread earlier on Bungie's forums which was way too much to type over here, but it definitely proposes a semi-plausible idea.

Gotcha. Wow, Halo is so profound. So much knowledge and interesting factoids that the common Halo player has no idea about.

I've started to do research on the Ancient Evil, or AE. Although the Didact was uncovered from a script in a 343i ViDoc, I am starting to question Faber, or the Master Builder as the AE.

I know there are a ton of holes in the logic here, but the Didact never directed resented humanity, he only was jealous because the Precursors said that the Mantle as originally meant for them. Faber's death has never been confirmed, only hinted at the destruction of Installation 07.

I was reading a thread earlier on Bungie's forums which was way too much to type over here, but it definitely proposes a semi-plausible idea.

I agree, I'd love to see Call of Duty fans have a conversation like this about their fiction. But the Ur-Didact could be the Ancient Evil because if you look at the Silentium description, it says the Ur-Didact was abanded in a flood infested system, so there is room for the writers to give him a reason to hate us, perhaps we were in that system and didn't help him.

well the didact (in either form) was distraut over the lose of the (in his eyes) librarian, a lose like that can change anyone. and considering that her last known contact point was earth perhaps this is a way for the didact to blame humans for her lose, because she had to be doing somthing human related at that time to be there. and 100000 years is a long time to stew over such a thing.

as far as the "ancient evil" faber does come to mind.

and i dont see the didact leaving reqrium, simply because it being a shield world (like the one in halo wars) it should be capible of makeing a fleet of ships, not to mention a deffinant means of communicating and/or locating other forunner shield worlds that could be his reinforcements or resuply if needed

If you listen to the audiobook you hear the voice of Chakas turning into 343 GS's voice at the end implying that they are the same... The same mind at least anyway.

the blurb for silentium also states that both didacts are brought in to testify against the master builder. if my memory is correct lol. so both didacts are alive, which will be the one we face in halo 4?

well the didact (in either form) was distraut over the lose of the (in his eyes) librarian, a lose like that can change anyone. and considering that her last known contact point was earth perhaps this is a way for the didact to blame humans for her lose, because she had to be doing somthing human related at that time to be there. and 100000 years is a long time to stew over such a thing.

as far as the "ancient evil" faber does come to mind.

and i dont see the didact leaving reqrium, simply because it being a shield world (like the one in halo wars) it should be capible of makeing a fleet of ships, not to mention a deffinant means of communicating and/or locating other forunner shield worlds that could be his reinforcements or resuply if needed

good point but i think from a gameplay perspective it wont make much sense for didact to raise a fleet of invincible forerunner ships and destroy everything, chief needs something to fight on the ground so either they will stick with the requiem prometheans or didact will leave and find something else to fight the unsc with. also (speculation) spartan ops is based six or somethin months after halo 4 i dont think the didact if he is still on requiem would allow the unsc to be there that long. sorry for bad spelling playing infection and trying to type hahaha

If the prometheans AND the Didact aren't the ancient evil and all the enemies have been revealed what else could there be? o.O

everyone is saying this, has it been confirmed or?

good point but i think from a gameplay perspective it wont make much sense for didact to raise a fleet of invincible forerunner ships and destroy everything, chief needs something to fight on the ground so either they will stick with the requiem prometheans or didact will leave and find something else to fight the unsc with. also (speculation) spartan ops is based six or somethin months after halo 4 i dont think the didact if he is still on requiem would allow the unsc to be there that long. sorry for bad spelling playing infection and trying to type hahaha

Well hes got a rogue faction of covenant that still worship him.

The old didact was killed on the san shyuum homeworld by the master builder when he was eradicating the san shyuum using one of the halo's. The bornstellar didact survived as is most likely who we will meet in halo 4. We cannot meet the old one.

Also I think the ancient evil are the precursors. The forerunners hated them and they may become humanities enemies aswell.

The old didact was killed on the san shyuum homeworld by the master builder when he was eradicating the san shyuum using one of the halo's. The bornstellar didact survived as is most likely who we will meet in halo 4. We cannot meet the old one.

Also I think the ancient evil are the precursors. The forerunners hated them and they may become humanities enemies aswell.

check the summary for Silentium, the Ur-Didact(old Didact) was actually abandoned in a flood infested system, and that provides more space for the writers to give the Ur-Didact a reason to become evil, so he will probably be the ancient evil. And frank O'conner confirmed the Didact would be the ancient evil, so it's not precursors.

They most definitely would not overlay the "An ancient evil awakens" text over top of the Didacts emblem and not have it be the Didact. Also 343 says in the terminal ".. without the librarian to temper his rage" who else could this be referring to other than the Didact??

maybe the librarian was cheating on the diadct! With Faber! Dunh dunh duuuunnnnnnhhhh!
  • Like 1

My guess is that the DIdact in Halo 4 is the Ur-Didact, he would be a formidable force for MC to fight. Not only that, but the Ur-Didact always felt that the Forerunners were the ture rulers of the galaxy and that humans were weak. He also would not like humans from the Human-Forerunner war. If he felt that humans were gaining strength and becoming a "threat" to the galaxy he would want to wipe them out.

My guess is that the DIdact in Halo 4 is the Ur-Didact, he would be a formidable force for MC to fight. Not only that, but the Ur-Didact always felt that the Forerunners were the ture rulers of the galaxy and that humans were weak. He also would not like humans from the Human-Forerunner war. If he felt that humans were gaining strength and becoming a "threat" to the galaxy he would want to wipe them out.

This.

He was confused as to why the humans were the true inheritors to the Mantle and was infuriated by it.

• Like 2