INACTIVE

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would Win?

• Master Chief
    • Captain America

So, my friends and I have been having an argument over who would win in hand-to-hand combat. The fight is between Master Chief and Captain America. The rules of the fight are as follows:

1) No weapons

2) Both M.C. and C.A. can have/use their shields

3) Both are wearing their regular armor/outfit

4) there is no environmental factors, imagine that they are fighting on a completely flat terrain with no trees, bushes, dirt, etc.

I think that it is no contest, Master Chief would destroy Captian America, but, my friend in insisting that Master chief would not only lose, but that he would have no chance.

So I decided to take the argument here.

(Yes, I know that these results will be biased towards Master Chief due to the nature of this forum)

• Like 1

Hmm, let's see here:

Master Chief

• Possesses great physical proportions, great strength and 300% increased reflexes
  • Has heightened memory, intelligence and creativity
  • Better eye sight and perception
  • 15x stronger skeleton
  • Muscle increase
  • Lactase recovery growth
  • Experienced in military combat

And since he possesses the Mark VI Mjolnir armor:

• Weights 1000lbs
  • Motion tracker
  • Brain-linked reactive circuits
  • Titanium alloy plating
  • Resistant to heat
  • Energy shields
  • Force Multiplying circuits

Captain America

• "Perfect" specimen of human development and conditioning
  • Everything from strength to intelligence is at the zenith of natural human potential
  • Resistant to poison / toxic
  • Expert tactician and an excellent field commander
  • Expert in combat strategy, survival, acrobatics, military strategy, piloting, and demolitions
  • Has blended judo, western boxing, kickboxing, and gymnastics into his own unique fighting style
  • Master of multiple martial arts
  • Is regarded as one of the best hand-to-hand combatants in the Marvel Universe, limited only by his human physique
  • Uses a near-indestructible shield made from an experimental alloy of steel and the fictional vibranium and is extremely accurate with it.
  • Wears an uniform that is made of a fire-retardant material, and wears a lightweight, bulletproof "duralumin" scale armor beneath his uniform for added protection.

So in conclusion, I would say that Captain America beats Master Chief in hand-to-hand combat. But thanks to Chief's superhuman abilities and armor, with Captain America in comparison only possessing the peak of human potential and a special light armor -- the ultimate winner is Master Chief!

• Like 4

...I would say that Captain America beats Master Chief in hand-to-hand combat...

But, as you said, Master Chief has super-human reflexes. This makes Capt.'s shield almost useless if not disadvantagous. This will also allow Master Chief to block and counter any punch, kick, etc. that Capt. can throw at him.

Also, how would Capt. finish off Master Chief? By breaking his, near indestructable, neck? May I bring up the point that John survived a fall from the atmosphere almost completely unharmed. Knowing this, how could Capt. even have a chance at winning?

Also, to all those saying Capt. will win, Remember to vote for who you think would win. I want to know your opinion and have a tally of it.

• Like 1

i think most people dont understand how strong Cap really is, so let me give you some info

Cap can bench 1100LB,Curl 500lb, and overhead lift 800lbs, run at 30 MPH can dodge gunfire from multiple people at point blank range,

Captain America

• "Perfect" specimen of human development and conditioning
  • Everything from strength to intelligence is at the zenith of natural human potential
  • Resistant to poison / toxic
  • Expert tactician and an excellent field commander
  • Expert in combat strategy, survival, acrobatics, military strategy, piloting, and demolitions
  • Has blended judo, western boxing, kickboxing, and gymnastics into his own unique fighting style
  • Master of multiple martial arts
  • Is regarded as one of the best hand-to-hand combatants in the Marvel Universe, limited only by his human physique
  • Uses a near-indestructible shield made from an experimental alloy of steel and the fictional vibranium and is extremely accurate with it.
  • Wears an uniform that is made of a fire-retardant material, and wears a lightweight, bulletproof "duralumin" scale armor beneath his uniform for added protection.

and as strong as MC i still think Cap wins, not because he's stronger or fast but because he'll out think him and find Mc's weakness

Edited by Vitamin PWN

well mc was brought up knowing only combat and tactics etc, were as the cap signed up at recruitment age. they are both roughly the same age biologicaly, so chief has more experiance. i dont really see cap out hinking mc because of this so, realisticaly its probly more of a stalemate.

but im bias towards master chief :harhar:

i think most people dont understand how strong Cap really is, so let me give you some info

Cap can bench 1100LB,Curl 500lb, and overhead lift 800lbs, run at 30 MPH can dodge gunfire from multiple people at point blank range,

and as strong as MC i still think Cap wins, not because he's stronger or fast but because he'll out think him and find Mc's weakness

What exactly is MC's weakness? I'd like to argue that MC can do most of what Cap can and more. I will let someone else bring up the stats and such :awesome: .

• Like 1

i think most people dont understand how strong Cap really is, so let me give you some info...

Cap can run at 30 MPH can dodge gunfire from multiple people at point blank range,

Master Chief (along with all other spartens) can run at about 60mph, has energy shield that stop almost any standard firearm round, can also dodge gunfire at point blank range, and he is a brilliant tactician.

If you take away all the things that Captain America has from that info you still have +30mph, and energy shields.

What does this mean you say? It means that Chief can outrun Capt. and Chief's shield cannot be (permanently) taken away. As for Capt., Chief could easily rip his shield out of hands and leave him defensless against Chief's bone shattering punches. (referring to "The Fall of Reach" where the unarmored, teenage John-117 causes the death of highly trained ODST soldiers with nothing but his bare hands)

• Like 1

What exactly is MC's weakness? I'd like to argue that MC can do most of what Cap can and more. I will let someone else bring up the stats and such :awesome: .

idk who do i look like captain america? and if i had to guess it would be he only has one tactic which is shooting his way out and hits from behind seeing as they kill chief with one hit lol (im only joking )

Master Chief (along with all other spartens) can run at about 60mph, has energy shield that stop almost any standard firearm round, can also dodge gunfire at point blank range, and he is a brilliant tactician.

If you take away all the things that Captain America has from that info you still have +30mph, and energy shields.

What does this mean you say? It means that Chief can outrun Capt. and Chief's shield cannot be (permanently) taken away. As for Capt., Chief could easily rip his shield out of hands and leave him defenseless against Chief's bone shattering punches. (referring to "The Fall of Reach" where the unarmored, teenage John-117 causes the death of highly trained ODST soldiers with nothing but his bare hands)

chief can run at 65mph but it's not sustainable seeing as chief tore his chilies tendon the time he ran that fast.the average spartan runs at about 34.2 mph which is only 4.2 mph faster the Cap, and Cap isnt simply gonna let chief grab his shield, cap plans ahead for those kinda things. also Cap broke the Hulks jaw in the comics with his fist , also cap is stronger, tougher, faster and better trained that an ODST so no guaranties Chief can do that to Cap.

honestly there are a few ways this can play out, one side barely edges out the other, since they both have insane bullet dogding reflexs they swing and miss for hours then call it a day, they both decide to work together and kick buttock together, or (and my favorite scenario) Cap pulls rank on Chief and wins that way lol

oh! also you have to realize Cap is use to fighting those way stronger than him and win against them so this situation isnt new to him

Edited by Vitamin PWN

But, as you said, Master Chief has super-human reflexes.

Considering that Captain America has a reaction speed of 5,555556 m/s (with an average human having 0,18 m/s, if I remember correctly), while Chief has a reaction of 52 m/s if my calculations are right (sounds a bit improbable though), it's indeed true that Chief would have the advantage, and with quite a margin as well. I must have missed that point.

Also, how would Capt. finish off Master Chief? By breaking his, near indestructable, neck?

I'm pretty certain Cap's shield would prove to be able to penetrate Chief's armor and neck, though it would take a few hits to achieve that.

May I bring up the point that John survived a fall from the atmosphere almost completely unharmed.

With the aid from a piece of the Dreadnought vessel that the used as a heat shield. And his armor was as well in a 'lockdown' state, which suppressed the impact damage. And Cap's shield is more denser than's Chief's titanium alloy, so I doubt he would have a problem against Chief's armor.

Maybe, maybe not.

Though I don't see Chief having any considerable weaknesses, at least none that would turn out for Cap's advantage.

idk who do i look like captain america? and if i had to guess it would be he only has one tactic which is shooting his way out and hits from behind seeing as they kill chief with one hit lol (im only joking )

chief can run at 65mph but it's not sustainable seeing as chief tore his chilies tendon the time he ran that fast.the average spartan runs at about 34.2 mph which is only 4.2 mph faster the Cap, and Cap isnt simply gonna let chief grab his shield, cap plans ahead for those kinda things. also Cap broke the Hulks jaw in the comics with his fist , also cap is stronger, tougher, faster and better trained that an ODST so no guaranties Chief can do that to Cap.

honestly there are a few ways this can play out, one side barely edges out the other, since they both have insane bullet dogding reflexs they swing and miss for hours then call it a day, they both decide to work together and kick buttock together, or (and my favorite scenario) Cap pulls rank on Chief and wins that way lol

oh! also you have to realize Cap is use to fighting those way stronger than him and win against them so this situation isnt new to him

All good points, but as for the last sentence "oh! also you have to realize Cap is use to fighting those way stronger than him and win against them so this situation isnt new to him" the same could be said for John. He fights (or has fought) seemingly endless waves of elites and hunter, both of which are considered far superior to Chief, or any human/sparten for that matter. Chief fights foes that are superior (technically) to himself on almost a daily basis and always ends out on top.

Also, "...Cap isnt simply gonna let chief grab his shield...". its not the he would let Chief grab it, A shield that has, what about a 2 - 3.5 foot radius, would be a very easy target no matter how fast Capt. is swinging it around. As soon as Chief gets a hold of it, and he would, he would have one of two things. 1) control of Capt.'s arm that is holding the shield. or 2) He would have the shield itself to use for defense or offense.

I think that this argument should be sent to the people at "The Deadliest Warrior" to see who would win.

• Like 2

All good points, but as for the last sentence "oh! also you have to realize Cap is use to fighting those way stronger than him and win against them so this situation isnt new to him" the same could be said for John. He fights (or has fought) seemingly endless waves of elites and hunter, both of which are considered far superior to Chief, or any human/sparten for that matter. Chief fights foes that are superior (technically) to himself on almost a daily basis and always ends out on top.

true but cap does so without powered armor and and occasionally fights people stronger than elites and brutes

Also, "...Cap isnt simply gonna let chief grab his shield...". its not the he would let Chief grab it, A shield that has, what about a 2 - 3.5 foot radius, would be a very easy target no matter how fast Capt. is swinging it around. As soon as Chief gets a hold of it, and he would, he would have one of two things. 1) control of Capt.'s arm that is holding the shield. or 2) He would have the shield itself to use for defense or offense.

thats true, i didnt take into consideration the size of it. i still think Chief will have to work to get the shield from cap though seeing as it's hard to grab something that hitting you

I think that this argument should be sent to the people at "The Deadliest Warrior" to see who would win.

lol that would probably be the best way to get an definative answer because im sure we could keep arguing this til the sun explodes, but either way both character are made to be pretty much unbeatable so im sure it's gonna be a tough fight either way

Edited by Vitamin PWN
  • Like 1

#1. true but cap does so without powered armor and and occasionally fights people stronger than elites and brutes

#2. thats true, i didnt take into consideration the size of it. i still think Chief will have to work to get the shield from cap though seeing as it's hard to grab something that hitting you

#3. lol that would probably be the best way to get an definative answer because im sure we could keep arguing this til the sun explodes, but either way both character are made to be pretty much unbeatable so im sure it's gonna be a tough fight either way

#1. Scarabs. 'nuff said.

#2. Have you played Halo Wars? In one of the cutscenes a spartan (not Chief) has a stave swung at him by an elite and not only does he grab it, he also uses it offensively immidieatly afterwards.

#3. It would probably end in a tie knowing how that show works. Considering who is fighting though, a tie would be impossible. niether side would stop until thier enemy was defeated.

• Like 1

#1. Scarabs. 'nuff said.

#2. Have you played Halo Wars? In one of the cutscenes a spartan (not Chief) has a stave swung at him by an elite and not only does he grab it, he also uses it offensively immidieatly afterwards.

#3. It would probably end in a tie knowing how that show works. Considering who is fighting though, a tie would be impossible. niether side would stop until thier enemy was defeated.

#1. a Scarab isnt the same as fighting someone like Spiderman, Iron man,Hulk or Thor

#2. despite having a blunt edge, Cap's Shield can still cut through things as he's thrown it through sentinels, and cut limbs off with it

#3 true, they both will fight til they can't or just decide to work together

Edited by Vitamin PWN

#1. a Scarab isnt the same as fighting someone like Spiderman, Iron man, or Thor

#2. despite having a blunt edge, Cap's Shield can still cut through things as he's thrown it through sentinels, and cut limbs off with it

#3 true, they both will fight til they can't or just decide to work together

You got me on #1.

I don't think that throwing the shield at Chief would have a good effect. I say this because, like i've stated, he has super-human reflexes. He would just catch the shield if not just dodge it. The shield wouldn't cut through him because, also previously stated, he has practically unbreakable bones. It may gash his hand, but he has been known to fight through pain that would kill normal, and abnormal, people.

as for #3, If Chief and Capt. teamed up no one could stop them, two tactical genious, super-soldier, multi-war heros. Whats could beat that?

• Like 1

he wouldnt be able to break his bones but you dont need to break someones bones to beat them into a coma.

and they would be unstoppable, maybe the arbiter and batman might be able to match them though but thats a different debate altogether

Edited by Vitamin PWN
  • Like 1